Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Semi Ajayi off to Cardiff City then on loan, good for the lad will build up his ability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Will be interesting to see how Debuchy and Gabriel play together, another magic duo?
    I agree
    And if Arsenal get Smalling from Man U this summer transfer window
    We would not need to rely on per

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    I agree
    And if Arsenal get Smalling from Man U this summer transfer window
    We would not need to rely on per

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Given our limited warchest to spend this Summer, Smalling would be a a viable option. Would loved to have spent big and gone for Hummels as a long term replacement for our BFG, however I feel that we need to invest exigently in a DM, possibly an AM and a Striker.

Veratti/Griezmann/Vidal/Schneiderlin spring to mind, Reus signed a new contract with BVB but both Veratti and Griezmann are a farcry to what we actually will buy this summer :moon:.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick one for you guys, retrospectively would you still have preferred Welbeck over Loic Remy if he didn't want to sign with Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-25/a...n-dor-one-day/

ReputationRep:

Let the guy have ambition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Let the guy have ambition.
    :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick one for you guys, retrospectively would you still have preferred Welbeck over Loic Remy if he didn't want to sign with Chelsea?
    at the time I wanted remy..

But as a long-term thing, probably welbeck.

Remy is alright, and is a better goal threat then welbeck, but as long as we use welbeck for what he is, a more defensive/pacey option, and as long as we play knowing his limmitations.. then he is a useful player to have..

Whereas remy for me is just an average striker

ReputationRep:
    Swap Walcott for Sterling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    at the time I wanted remy..

But as a long-term thing, probably welbeck.

Remy is alright, and is a better goal threat then welbeck, but as long as we use welbeck for what he is, a more defensive/pacey option, and as long as we play knowing his limmitations.. then he is a useful player to have..

Whereas remy for me is just an average striker
    I agree and If Akpom proves himself we may be able to shut up this harry kane nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jgco2chem)
    Swap Walcott for Sterling?
    No
    Walcott for Daniel Sturridge :yy:
    We need a world class goal striker who can score goals when you are desperate to win the match
    Walcott is good to play at the end of the match as the defenders are tired and can't keep up with him and a goal gets scored.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think you need another consistent goalscorer if Walcott carries on this poor form. He'll come back though so I don't think there'll be a problem.

The contract situation is somewhat precarious though, highly doubt Walcott will ask for more money than he currently is asking as top clubs won't want him after an ACL injury and his other injury problems the past 2 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    At least Dyke's new plans have increased Walcott's value by about £10mil when City inevitably make a bid

I've been thinking about what 4 home grown players I'd be happy to join Arsenal and tbh the only player I can think of is Forster. I genuinely can't think of any English player that would potentially improve our team or WANT to join us, I highly doubt Sturridge, Sterling and co. would want to join if I'm being honest.

Maybe that's why we're reportedly in for Smalling, would be a sly move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    No
    Walcott for Daniel Sturridge :yy:
    We need a world class goal striker who can score goals when you are desperate to win the match
    Walcott is good to play at the end of the match as the defenders are tired and can't keep up with him and a goal gets scored.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sturridge is not WC

ReputationRep:
    "We need a world class goal striker" lol, it only takes an inflated transfer fee for a "world class" striker to no longer be "world class"

ReputationRep:
    Given our limited warchest to spend this Summer, Smalling would be a a viable option. Would loved to have spent big and gone for Hummels as a long term replacement for our BFG, however I feel that we need to invest exigently in a DM, possibly an AM and a Striker.

Veratti/Griezmann/Vidal/Schneiderlin spring to mind, Reus signed a new contract with BVB but both Veratti and Griezmann are a farcry to what we actually will buy this summer :moon:.
    You say you have a limited warchest, yet want to sign Verrati/Griezmann/Vidal or Schneiderlin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    You say you have a limited warchest, yet want to sign Verrati/Griezmann/Vidal or Schneiderlin?
    Yes precisely, with what we can spend probs in the region of 60M this summer, we can at least afford one of those named above. Limited in the region of about 60M, I didn't say we could bring all three or four in infact I said it's a farcry to bring any more than one of those in.

I could be proven wrong in the summer though.

ReputationRep:
    The only way we would get Smalling is if United got Hummels, and if that were the case, we would be better off going straight for Hummels in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Only guy we're getting of quality this summer is Pedro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    The only way we would get Smalling is if United got Hummels, and if that were the case, we would be better off going straight for Hummels in the first place.
    We won't sell Smalling now, think Jones is more likely to leave if I'm honest.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.