Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bod247)
    Could someone help me out out here are these subjects worth renarking: (All AQA btw)

Statistics 3 UMS off A Grade
    Biology (B1 B2 B3) 24 UMS off A* Grade
    Physics (P1 P2 P3) 19 UMS off A* Grade
    Geography B 3 UMS off A grade

I am not sure if this has happened with anyone else but my Product Design Coursework was marked as an A* but has gone down to a low B. Is this in error? As it can't have gone down to a Low B as it was inputted into the system as an A*. Plus, my exam I done with Product Design is 2 UMS off an A grade. What shall I do?
    Fight it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    How do you all do further maths A level alongside GCSEs.
    It's further maths GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    I'm 1 mark off an A in Science additional and 2 off an A in Science Core...gutted but overall still pleased with a B
    lol if its 1 mark get it remarked like me

Idk how I got 45 / 80 marks in English language, that's a B by 1 mark in the exam (got A* in coursework) and the lowest i ever got in any mock was 56/80 and that was when I left the entire question 4 out (wrong nothing), which is 16 marks, and didnt od half of question 3, 8 marks.

Here in the exam I finished everything in time, I messed up question 5 quite badly (16 marker) but my other answers were really good for what i wrote before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedSquirrels)
    Woooooooooooo
    Got 9A*s, an A^ (further maths) and 2A's (although the school's complaining about the coursework because I and many others got 100% in those exams and then a B in the coursework???? I.e not predicted - but still really happy, and beat my older sister; ka Ching!)
    Well done!!! We got exactly the same grades 😀😀

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth getting a remark in English language if I was 2 off an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waveyalex)
    sadly no i discovered i had 137 marks 140 was need
    lolololololol!

ReputationRep:
    Should I get a remark on my RE? I always get A*s in class and on mocks and on my AQA unit 2 I came out with a C one mark off a B? I wanted an A so bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth getting geography remarked if I was 5 UMS off an A*??? I'm on the WJEC exam board btw

ReputationRep:
    Got 9 A stars and B
    Is that good enough for Oxford
    Should I retake the B in arabic??

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  93.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Handwritingman)
    Got 9 A stars and B
    Is that good enough for Oxford
    Should I retake the B in arabic??
    Nah I know someone in Oxford with those exact grades it won't affect you! VERY WELL DONE!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is looking for extra motivation, we have threads dedicated to Oxford and Cambridge for 2018 admission already up!
    Oxford: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4282340
    Cambridge http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3528165

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused about my overall I.C.T grade. The examiners (WJEC) must've been generous. I had an A* in my Year 10 coursework but a C in the Unit 1 written paper, yet I had an A overall? I really don't get how an A* and a C equivilate to an overall A? Obviously, I'm thrilled to have that A. I just don't feel like I deserved it because my exam was considerably lower than my coursework, if that makes any sense.

Also, my Welsh examiners must've been coffee addicts as well as generous. There are four questions (including two crossover questions which are the same in both Higher and Foundation Tier). In the crossover writing question, I wrote 3 sentences about coffee (obviously in Welsh) and yet I had a B in the paper. How is my stupidness worth a B? All I can say is I'm thankful that I've had such generous grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey It's Cerian)
    I'm really confused about my overall I.C.T grade. The examiners (WJEC) must've been generous. I had an A* in my Year 10 coursework but a C in the Unit 1 written paper, yet I had an A overall? I really don't get how an A* and a C equivilate to an overall A? Obviously, I'm thrilled to have that A. I just don't feel like I deserved it because my exam was considerably lower than my coursework, if that makes any sense.

Also, my Welsh examiners must've been coffee addicts as well as generous. There are four questions (including two crossover questions which are the same in both Higher and Foundation Tier). In the crossover writing question, I wrote 3 sentences about coffee (obviously in Welsh) and yet I had a B in the paper. How is my stupidness worth a B? All I can say is I'm thankful that I've had such generous grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats exactly like my spanish i got a U in my listening (lol) and i got a B in my reading exam. and bc my coursework was A* i got an A.
    WJEC is designed to pass you despite the grades in the exams which is why many schools choose it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pri8315)
    thats exactly like my spanish i got a U in my listening (lol) and i got a B in my reading exam. and bc my coursework was A* i got an A.
    WJEC is designed to pass you despite the grades in the exams which is why many schools choose it
    If that's the case, I'm glad I live in Wales lol. I guess Wales have a kind of advantage as our schools are presumbaly going to choose WJEC. Yes, I am aware that schools in England also take WJEC courses, I'm just saying it's a common thing in wales lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well.. It wasn't bad. I was targeted 5+ A's but only got one. Looking at the UMS, 3 exams I was -5 or less UMS off the A grade.. I might remark but it would be like £200 for OCR

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in Latin language😋

ReputationRep:
    I was 6 UMS off of an A* in Additional Science, how many raw marks is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sardonic Zarah)
    Lucky when it comes to applying for jobs, you don't have to disclose your French grade if it's irrelevant
    Hey, thanks for the tip Ima forget i even did french...wait what am i talking about? wink wink :P
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hey It's Cerian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Courseworks worth 60%

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.