Maths Uni Chat Watch

boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Or like that guy from 90210 who plays Navid is like 28/29 as well but portrays as someone who is 17 lol......
Gesar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by assmaster)
It's like how the actor who plays Finn in Glee is actually 28, though he portrays someone who is 16(?)
Weird, but at least now it's ok to think he's hot.
But everyone in Glee looks like a creepy mid-20s person dressing up in school uniforms. Just like every American show with teenagers in :p:
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Gesar)
But everyone in Glee looks like a creepy mid-20s person dressing up in school uniforms. Just like every American show with teenagers in :p:
Good point.
Simplicity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
ITT: New year resolution is to get a diary and plan the next day. So plan, when I'm going to study, what I'm going to eat, also what exercise, when I'm going to watch TV.

Also, I plan to go to all the lectures and do homework. I'm too arrogant and that could cost me in later years. Or in 19 days.

Maybe, it's bad health, but feeling unusually stupid(or more stupid than usual). I suppose the first step to getting smarter is knowing you know nothing.

Happy New Year. New year resolution, doubt I will keep it.
IrrationalNumber
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone got any recommendations for a djvu to pdf converter?
majikthise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
DjVuLibre does the job for me.
boromir9111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stats is no fun!
Simplicity
Rep:
?
DJVU is better as you hit space bar to switch pages.

pdf is crap as you need to scroll down.
jasbirsingh
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IrrationalNumber)

Try Nova PDF, that's the only one I could find for free.
majikthise
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
DJVU is better as you hit space bar to switch pages.

pdf is crap as you need to scroll down.
That is to do with the reader, not the format.
around
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't realise I didn't have a new year's resolution until my dad asked me whether I had one shortly after new year's and I was like 'o right, i need one of those'.

Bulgaria is an interesting country.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by around)
I didn't realise I didn't have a new year's resolution until my dad asked me whether I had one shortly after new year's and I was like 'o right, i need one of those'.

Bulgaria is an interesting country.
NYR are stupid that is FACT you should make birthday resolutions (e.g. achieve x before y years old), or sport specific resolutions, both are actually achievable and easy to provide achievable goals for or something similar.

I see countless of my friends go; I am going to put on weight or drop a dress do an iron-man write a song as a NYR and they all fail.

Yeah. So don't panic.
primaverasnap
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is Math Teaching working for any Bristol freshers? I can't get access to any of the past papers on the day I've decided I'm gonna start studying. If anyones kind enough to save the papers+solutions and pm them to me I'd love you.
QED
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by primaverasnap)
Is Math Teaching working for any Bristol freshers? I can't get access to any of the past papers on the day I've decided I'm gonna start studying. If anyones kind enough to save the papers+solutions and pm them to me I'd love you.
bend over plz

http://www.mediafire.com/?8449id2q1o9j4gv
ambience
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by IrrationalNumber)
I use WinDJVU (works fine if you are using Windows!) to open the djvu file. It can also print. If I want to convert to pdf, I use PDFCreator, which shows as a printer driver but really "prints" to a pdf file. This works from within any program, including WinDJVU.

Can't recall whether these were supposed to be free or whether I.... Only took a short while to get them though, and no money changed hands....
Simplicity
Rep:
?
Has it been proven that next to a irrational number there is a rational numbers?

As a proof in one of my notes, sort of assuming it.

Like the proof that the function, if x is rational it goes to 1, and if x is irrational it goes to 0.

Take eplison e=1/2. But, what if you took delta really close to x, surely you would get the contradiction 1<1/2, i.e. |f(x)-f(a)|<e. Like if you force it so delta is infinitely small.
Oh I Really Don't Care
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Simplicity)
Has it been proven that next to a irrational number there is a rational numbers?

As a proof in one of my notes, sort of assuming it.

Like the proof that the function, if x is rational it goes to 1, and if x is irrational it goes to 0.

Take eplison e=1/2. But, what if you took delta really close to x, surely you would get the contradiction 1<1/2, i.e. |f(x)-f(a)|<e. Like if you force it so delta is infinitely small.
As a guess what you are trying to write down yes that is what we want to show - that for some epsilon greater than zero and all delta greater than zero there is an x such that |x-y| < delta but |f(x)-f(y)| is greater than or equal to epsilon.
Simplicity
Rep:
?
Edited, worked it out.

Reading the architecture forum. I can't believe I found someone worse than medics that complain about how hard everything is.
stripy_and_nice
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Another Cambridge question!

Does IB Complex Analysis depend on anything in IA Vector Calculus?

The headers for IB CA are
Analytic Functions
Contour Integration & Cauchy's Theorem
Expansions & Singularities
the Residue Theorem

Those for IA VC are
Curves in R^3
Integration in R^2 and R^3
Vector Operators
Integration Theorems
Laplace's Equation
Cartesian Tensors in R^3

According to the course descriptions, CA can be taken in year 1. But since it's lectured in term 2, my guess is that the only year 1 courses it depends on are the two applied ones from term 1, i.e. IA Vectors & Matrices, and IA Differential Equations. But I might be completely wrong!

Many thanks!
majikthise
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't see vector calculus being especially useful for complex analysis, but I know nothing of those specific courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads