Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangejuice.)
    You are right, the strongest in the cycle email doesn't mean anything - it's no guarantee that you'll get an offer; it just means that they're still considering your application alongside the others and that it'll take "approximately" four weeks though it may take more.

I know it's super frustrating (I was there) but try to remember that you're not the only one who had to wait beyond the 4 week deadline. Before getting our decisions, loads of us waited past the four weeks deadline as well. Every year, quite a few applicants who applied in October don't even get their decision until March. This is so LSE can give fair consideration to the other November/December/January applications. Decisions are not made simply by reading an application and then deciding, 'oh yes, I want this person, let's give her/him an offer.' They have to read many other applications and compare them before deciding if they want to give you an offer.

To those who received that email today, I suspect LSE is waiting for the results of those sitting the Admissions Assessment this coming Tuesday. Those tests will have to be mailed back to LSE from various locations around the world, before being marked, and then considered alongside your applications.
    thanks again. im just slightly sad that i wasnt one of the excellent students for my course to get accepted right away in late october and early november. i guess im just really average after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bechutch)
    Congratulations
    Thanks. What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am0312x)
    Thanks. What have you applied for?
    Actuarial science, applied in early December and the wait is killing me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ida3388)
    thanks again. im just slightly sad that i wasnt one of the excellent students for my course to get accepted right away in late october and early november. i guess im just really average after all.

When had you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if i'm wrong, the assessment test is for mature students right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arian93)
    Correct me if i'm wrong, the assessment test is for mature students right?
    Most of the time, but not always.

"The UG Admissions Assesment (formerly known as the Entrance Exam) is used in order to fairly assess those applicants from non-traditional educational backgrounds, such as those following Access or Foundation courses, or those whose qualifications are not as rigorous or well known as others." Source.

Students of various education systems that LSE aren't familiar with are also invited to sit these tests. E.g. I believe Italian applicants are often invited to sit these tests, though I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bechutch)
    Actuarial science, applied in early December and the wait is killing me haha
    It's such a long wait. I applied in early Novemeber, and I got excited every Thursday and Friday like an idiot haha. Hopefully you'll hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safsaftn)
    Hi,

did you send them an email before getting this answer please ?
    Nope just received it today didn't email them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied for economic history with economics, app sent off 15th october and i got the 4 week strongest in cohort email on the 13th December. I received this today:
    "I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to LSE.

We apologise for the delay in reaching a final decision on your application.

The Selector for your course is currently assessing your application alongside all other candidates in your cohort. Please be assured that we guarantee to make a decision week beginning 17 March 2014. Please continue to check UCAS Track for updates on your application status."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GML)
    Applied for economic history with economics, app sent off 15th october and i got the 4 week strongest in cohort email on the 13th December. I received this today:
    "I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to LSE.

We apologise for the delay in reaching a final decision on your application.

The Selector for your course is currently assessing your application alongside all other candidates in your cohort. Please be assured that we guarantee to make a decision week beginning 17 March 2014. Please continue to check UCAS Track for updates on your application status."
    me and my friend got the same email but mine was for economics and his was for economics and maths so I am guessing many people have got this mail more waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am0312x)
    It's such a long wait. I applied in early Novemeber, and I got excited every Thursday and Friday like an idiot haha. Hopefully you'll hear back soon
    I'm the same I get excited everytime I get an email and it's always nothing, not long now if they keep this deadline!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this email means we'll get an answer on the 17th of Mars, or that it might be before or during the week of the 17th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grosseban)
    Do you think this email means we'll get an answer on the 17th of Mars, or that it might be before or during the week of the 17th?
    It says in the email "Please be assured that we guarantee to make a decision week beginning 17 March 2014." Hopefully they can stick to it..

ReputationRep:
    just got rejected for international relations...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simsim96)
    just got rejected for international relations...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for your rejection but you got rejected on a Saturday morning?

ReputationRep:
    at first, I think all rest students get the delay letter. But it seems like only part of students. So sad..I have to wait LSE as well as other US universities. The letter seems like a waitlist.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get any email from lse regarding any delay..or wait time...shld I be worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what happened to gracelich and Blackfyre?

ReputationRep:
    Offer received two days ago for international relations. AS grades AABC, predictions A*A*A. Didn't do gcses, I was away in my country but I have really good equivalents. I think it's the PS that did it for me, I had REALLY good extra curriculars. I sent in my application on 21 November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epicfail13)
    Anyone know what happened to gracelich and Blackfyre?
    Rejection :-/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.