Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What is it that makes you Labour guys have some kind of a fetish for huge bombastic signatures? You're like a living Napoleon complex brochure.
    Its called party-wide consistency!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Its called party-wide consistency!
    I called it uniformity and then everyone compared us to various dictatorships.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    I called it uniformity and then everyone compared us to various dictatorships.
    They're just jealous because the TSR Labour Party manages to be the most united (and yet diverse), organised party in the House whilst maintaining a plurality of seats and active leadership. Its a shame the RL Party is a relative mess.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They're just jealous because the TSR Labour Party manages to be the most united (and yet diverse), organised party in the House whilst maintaining a plurality of seats and active leadership. Its a shame the RL Party is a relative mess.
    I agree
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I feel like running some form of unity analysis later

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    With the Labour party divided, even on the front benches on air strikes on ISIS; what is the TSR Labour Party's view on this which is being proposed?
    Personal view is Strongly against what will serve as nothing but a recruitment tool for IS, believe most agree.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    Personal view is Strongly against what will serve as nothing but a recruitment tool for IS, believe most agree.
    Isn't the standard position generally to bend over for our traditional enemies, and by traditional I mean of the last few decades rather than real traditional

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With the Labour party divided, even on the front benches on air strikes on ISIS; what is the TSR Labour Party's view on this which is being proposed?
    Personally I oppose them at the present time. We have no credible plan for what we want to happen in Syria with so many different groups involved, and Cameron's idea of relying on 70,000 Syrian groundtroops with unknown affilliations and reports that nearly half of them are "less moderate but open to dialogue" is extremely worrying. Any action taken should be with a specified aim to bring stability to the country and a clear exit plan.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It is much the same here, except we haven't had tempers flare like they apparently did in the PLP meeting, and we don't normally set a whip anyway.

ReputationRep:
    There shouldn't be any whipping at all for this bill, it really should be left up to the own MP's point of view, hence I agree with Corbyn giving a free vote.

My natural response is usually NO to bombs or invasions, but I'm open to being convinced, on that part I've yet to hear a good, coherent argument for why we should bomb, with the predicted consequences for Syria and Britain included.

Something like;
    - Bombing Raqqa will kill x amount of civilians but y amount of ISIS militia
    - We'll be financially backing x
    - We'll back Assads reunion of Syria
    - Back a free Kurdistan
    - Are prepared to stay for 10 years if need be
    - Anticipate repercussions in Britain

Absolutely shameful that none of those have been adequately argued for. Labour I don't mind a free vote but I think that some are just using it to undermine Corbyn, pathetic to invade a country to undermine your leader if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your responses. Interesting to see the contrast between real life members and TSR members in some cases!

ReputationRep:
    Does the party, while in government, have any plans to undertake any significant nationalisation work?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Does the party, while in government, have any plans to undertake any significant nationalisation work?
    There is likely to be some nationalisation of some sort.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Congratulations to Saoirse:3, who has been elected Party Chair!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Congratulations then - first drink on me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Congratulations then - first drink on me!
    Thank you! Given I may need to be a bit of an Iron Lady now I guess a good pint of Thatchers is the appropriate celebratory beverage
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Thank you! Given I may need to be a bit of an Iron Lady now I guess a good pint of Thatchers is the appropriate celebratory beverage
    Haha, fair enough!xD
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fraternising with the enemy I see xD
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Fraternising with the enemy I see xD
    As Party Chair, she can pretty much do as he please
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    As Party Chair, he can pretty much do as he please
    *She

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.