Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    I passed my numeracy!!woooop so thats both my qts skills tests sorted!!just gotta get on a course now....haha
    Well done! Fantastic news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    I passed my numeracy!!woooop so thats both my qts skills tests sorted!!just gotta get on a course now....haha
    Congrats!

How did you find your numeracy test?
    Got mine friday and I'm dreading it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Congrats!

How did you find your numeracy test?
    Got mine friday and I'm dreading it!
    It was a lot easier than the practice tests i had done...aslong as youve done practices and know what to expect youll be fine i was more nervous for this than my literacy even though maths is a strong point of mine haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview at Cambridge this week?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Congratulations on passing your skills tests! I did my literacy, which was absolutely fine, but even though maths is my strength, I find the practice tests almost impossible! They are so hard!! I rescheduled mine because of dissertation stuff, but since I got my offer I need to re-book asap!! Very worried!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sekeena)
    Has anyone got an interview on the 3rd of March for Birmingham City for PGCE general primary? I have 3 tasks to do that are in 2 parts, a general test with all the national curriculum subjects, self-evaluation test, group discussion and a one on one interview. Any advice on the self-evaluation task?I'm so nervous. Dreading the exam.
    I've firmed my place there Being nervous about the national curriculum test was an understatement. BUT it wasn't that bad, most of the questions are on english, maths and science, and then you have about 5 questions in each other subjects. Just make sure you do well in the core subjects, because that is obviously important. The self-evaluation task was the easiest for me, you're basically reflecting on the whole day, talk about where you excelled and where you need to improve. The main things they are looking for are correct grammar/spellings and your handwriting.

I felt like the staff there were really nice, they genuinely want you to do well and give you a lot of hints and tips throughout that day. In my group discussion task I started talking way too fast, the staff member told me to take it slower and just relax (she was lovely).

Just try and show as much personality and passion as you can. They don't expect you to be polished teachers at all.

Good luck, let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    OFFER! Birmingham University PGCE Primary
    Me too! We'll be on the same course!

ReputationRep:
    First interview offer received, very nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Awww! Thanks for the advice, do they end up selecting all of the applicants? How many applicants were there on the day? I have 20 apparently. I'm studying sooo hard for the general test, I honestly don't think I'll remember lol. I hope they are easy for me. I just hope I don't get nervous.

Any tips for me? Really want to get this.

ReputationRep:
    One more question about the knowledge tests, is it multiple choice? The English, maths and science ones are they KS2 or GCSE? Is the maths one hard? like GCSE?

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firmed an offer for Liverpool John Moores for secondary PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Numeracy passed. Thanks and praise The Lord lol. That's both done and dusted. Sooo happy. Roll on September... Would highly recommend numeracy ready. I believe it really helped me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seainin-mc)
    Numeracy passed. Thanks and praise The Lord lol. That's both done and dusted. Sooo happy. Roll on September... Would highly recommend numeracy ready. I believe it really helped me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the advice! Were you getting every question right on the practices before your exam? I have mine in less than a week! So nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Thanks for the advice! Were you getting every question right on the practices before your exam? I have mine in less than a week! So nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the start on numeracy ready I was just passing but by the end of the tests I was getting 26/28 etc etc. I think the mental arithmetic today was much easier than the practise tests, there was 3 time questions, 1 conversion, 2 or 3 percentages and fractions. The second half was similar to practise. No pie charts or scatter graphs thou, some cumulative freq, percentages, mean, mode, median weighting. Can't really remember anything else, but numeracy ready really helped me with the time on the first half and getting used to using the same methods for the questions. Good luck in yours, just try to stay calm and listen to each question. You will do great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    helloo everyone! just wondering if any of you guys have had interviews / offers for pgce pcet's? im too lazy to scroll back through all of these hundreds of pages, so sorry if this has already been asked! eek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi,

If it helps - I also found the real numeracy test much easier than the practice ones! You don't get a score when you pass the test but I didn't feel as though I struggled at all (which is coming from someone who feels maths is their wekeast subject!).

Cindy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucieP)
    helloo everyone! just wondering if any of you guys have had interviews / offers for pgce pcet's? im too lazy to scroll back through all of these hundreds of pages, so sorry if this has already been asked! eek!
    I remember seeing maybe about two people having interviews for PCETs waaaay earlier in the thread, but there definitely hasn't been many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    I remember seeing maybe about two people having interviews for PCETs waaaay earlier in the thread, but there definitely hasn't been many.

oh thats such a shame just wondered whether the type of questions asked where majorly different! scary stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone firmed bishop grotts?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.