Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Blackadder Goes Forth!

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone waiting for A Levels today get the results they want!

My brother got the results he was after!

Drinks all round

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to those collecting their results

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone getting their A Levels .

Hope that they're what you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...p-9668278.html

What do people think of these riots? They look very similar to the London Riots of 2011 in terms of cause. There's been a fair amount of outrage in the States for the tactics the police are using...

(Original post by Qwertish)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...p-9668278.html

What do people think of these riots? They look very similar to the London Riots of 2011 in terms of cause. There's been a fair amount of outrage in the States for the tactics the police are using...
    Honestly I don't care about what the police do in the US, we all know they don't play within the rules, all of them are utter pigs and yeah I'm done caring about that country. It's a cesspit of stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Honestly I don't care about what the police do in the US, we all know they don't play within the rules, all of them are utter pigs and yeah I'm done caring about that country. It's a cesspit of stupidity.
    It reminds me of the time US police pepper sprayed relatively peaceful protesters sitting in a line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruitker)
    It reminds me of the time US police pepper sprayed relatively peaceful protesters sitting in a line. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4
    I remember that. Horrible stuff.

Don't see how people can legitimately complain about the police here when you see how some US forces act.

There's very little wrong with our police. Those who complain of brutality should look at some of these US forces.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, back indoors after a walk. As you probably know, a walk is good for the constitution.

UK police forces thankfully are not as brutal as those in the US and thankfully are armed by exception not routinely. They seem to spend more time leaking information to journalists, as allegedly has happened today with the search of Cliff Richard's house.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Just a note that I'll be doing the update tonight. I'll be sending it out around 10pm.

ReputationRep:
    ACAB.

ReputationRep:
    Athletics is on the tv and then the wonderful Brian Blessed. So I'm leaving the bar for this evening.

I am sure the bar staff will serve your needs, hopefully you have confidence in their abilities.

ReputationRep:
    I remember that. Horrible stuff.

Don't see how people can legitimately complain about the police here when you see how some US forces act.
    It could be worse so we can't complain about anything bad about our police?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    It could be worse so we can't complain about anything bad about our police?
    No, the point I'm making is that there's very little bad about our police.

ReputationRep:
    No, the point I'm making is that there's very little bad about our police.
    I agree with you, but I don't think you phrased it in the best way. It does make it look as if you're saying you can't complain about the police because other countries have it worse

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, but I don't think you phrased it in the best way. It does make it look as if you're saying you can't complain about the police because other countries have it worse
    True, I apologise for the lack of clarity in that statement
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Well said! That's why I love the EU so much, and don't want any more collaboration with the States than is practically possible.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get to do the project I wanted to do at uni, **** OFF.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get to do the project I wanted to do at uni, **** OFF.
    Karma, perhaps?

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.