Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Here's a maths question for you guys.

If z=x+iy, find the real and imaginary parts of \frac{z}{z+1} in terms of x and y, simplifying your answer as far as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I used to be able to do that :emo:

To be fair I haven't touched Further Maths in like 4 months, after skimming it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twisted)
    what module would this be from? I'm guessing fp1?
    He does IB :hand::lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Oh yes, it was just the highlight of the lesson! I used to send amazing e-mails to my friends in primary school, many of them being about Animal Crossing :')
    Animal Crossing!!!! One of my favourite game series of all tome, crossed with Pikmin Good tastes girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangofreak)
    he does ib :hand::lol:
    goddamn it bude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Here's a maths question for you guys.

If z=x+iy, find the real and imaginary parts of \frac{z}{z+1} in terms of x and y, simplifying your answer as far as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uwotm8?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here do physics and know how to calculate tension?

The question says:

"A mass of 6kg is placed at the lower end of a vertical wire; the upper end is fixed to a ceiling. What is the tension of the wire a) at the lower end and b) at the upper end?"

We haven't done a formula for tension? I'll post this in another forum for physics if there is one, but I wanted to see if anyone here could help sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagreenleaf)
    Does anyone here do physics and know how to calculate tension?

The question says:

"A mass of 6kg is placed at the lower end of a vertical wire; the upper end is fixed to a ceiling. What is the tension of the wire a) at the lower end and b) at the upper end?"

We haven't done a formula for tension? I'll post this in another forum for physics if there is one, but I wanted to see if anyone here could help sorry
    Use f=ma

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    Use f=ma
    Ah right, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    Use f=ma
    what would 'a' be in this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twisted)
    what would 'a' be in this question?
    Acceleration due to gravity {9.81}

ReputationRep:
    Acceleration due to gravity {9.81}
    Oh yeah lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    We were concerned that the school would certificate it, meaning the Fail would have to be put on our UCAS forms (not that it would have mattered, just looks slightly bad), but there was no mention of it on results day :lol:
    Well that's good, at least Pft, if it's only half a GCSE (which I presume it is?) then they shouldn't really care, I wouldn't if I was them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Bloodworth)
    Animal Crossing!!!! One of my favourite game series of all tome, crossed with Pikmin Good tastes girl
    Haha, it's a good taste you have too, bro The majority of my Year Four and Five memories are jut me and my primary school chums sat playing Animal Crossing together :love:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's a good taste you have too, bro The majority of my Year Four and Five memories are jut me and my primary school chums sat playing Animal Crossing together :love:
    Super Mario Sunshine probably tops it as my favourite ever game :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well that's good, at least Pft, if it's only half a GCSE (which I presume it is?) then they shouldn't really care, I wouldn't if I was them
    We actually did OCR Nationals, so "technically" it was worth "4 GCSEs" if you got a Distinction. Of course, in practice that's complete bull**** (although the number of GCSE grades is sort of irrelevant anyway so I suppose it's hard to measure the practical bull****tery levels).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Bloodworth)
    Super Mario Sunshine probably tops it as my favourite ever game :cool:
    Never had that one, bro Only Mario Karts, and (New) Super Mario Bros, though they did always seem to call it 'new' even when it wasn't :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoFreak)
    That's funny, because you were here when I left :rofl::smug:

Are you sure??:smug:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the double post, but I've been contemplating this all day...

Further maths.
    ?
    Hi, im doing maths and further maths along with a science, language and essay subject (dont want to be too specific) and so far ive found the workload absolutely fine. I know its only been 2/3 weeks but ive found that f maths isnt really harder than the stuff you cover for single maths, its just more. The main problem however would be:can you cope with the loss of your frees? I only have 2 frees a week and have had to give one of those up to practi language speaking so I guess the main question is are you willing to sacrafice them? Another thing to think about is tou can always try it and easily drop it if you find its not for you

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who mixes different types of cereal together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Am I the only one who mixes different types of cereal together?
    Yes. To me, that's just wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.