Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    We won't sell Smalling now, think Jones is more likely to leave if I'm honest.
    My thoughts as well, Smalling has a lot of potential, Van Gaal would be silly to sell. Still though, we wouldn't go anywhere near Jones.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...pite-criticism

Go on son

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner just scored a hat-trick against the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Bendtner just scored a hat-trick against the US.

still more then messi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    still more then messi
    #BendtnerforEngland

Better than Kane.

The ballon d'or already has his name on it.

ReputationRep:
    #BendtnerforEngland

Better than Kane.

The ballon d'or already has his name on it.

Ballon D or is just a nickname for Bendtner D or

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Damn it, you're better than that

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'd be pretty happy with Pedro, we haven't had a proper out and out winger in a while.

The fact he has so many sub appearances hurts his goals per game stats, but he's got 6 assists this season and a better mins per goal rate than Sanchez! (Albeit in a more creative team, easier league and less defensive work rate).

I think he'd be a cracking buy at £15-20mil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    To be honest I'd be pretty happy with Pedro, we haven't had a proper out and out winger in a while.

The fact he has so many sub appearances hurts his goals per game stats, but he's got 6 assists this season and a better mins per goal rate than Sanchez! (Albeit in a more creative team, easier league and less defensive work rate).

I think he'd be a cracking buy at £15-20mil

Definitely will be around the 30-35m range

ReputationRep:
    Lord Banter Bendtner at it again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Definitely will be around the 30-35m range
    Nah he'll be pushed our in the summer, probably a bit above what I said at around the £20-25mil mark, although I wouldn't really want us paying more than the mid 20's for him when you consider our weaknesses in more important areas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Nah he'll be pushed our in the summer, probably a bit above what I said at around the £20-25mil mark, although I wouldn't really want us paying more than the mid 20's for him when you consider our weaknesses in more important areas

Other clubs will be in for him though and he's a valuable player so I doubt Barca will try to flog him off just for anything. Sanchez was surplus too yet went for a higher price, although I suppose a good WC inflated that.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Just choked with laughter :rofl:

Don't worry AR it made me laugh dw.

Edit: and yeah from discussion above, I'd take Pedro in a heartbeat tbh. Why are people even opposed?

ReputationRep:
    We might aswell just be called the Barcelona B team instead

ReputationRep:
    Pedro is a shifty eyed little Spaniard. I don't trust him. But he would cost 25-30m so would be worth it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    We might aswell just be called the Barcelona B team instead
    Barcelona love buying our players as much as we love buying theirs.

ReputationRep:
    interesting words pep has on ozil:

Next, Pep explains in detail how Mikel Arteta tries to draw in the opposing pivote in order to create a space in the middle of midfield into which Mesut Özil will try to appear. Pep walks through Arteta’s movements whilst emphasising to his players, who are spread out in front of him: “Özil is the dangerous one – he’s the one we really need to keep the closest eye on. Arteta draws you in, Özil pops up in that zone with Santi] Cazorla and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain around him and that’s the way that they achieve superiority in a key area. We can’t afford that to happen.

guy should just go to Bayern and win trophy after trophy :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona love buying our players as much as we love buying theirs.
    However Barca don't buy ours to rely on them to win titles unlike us.

Apart from Henry possibly Fabregassed who would you say has been a significant signing on their behalf who's really made an impact? Overmars, Vermaelen (should never have sold him), Bronckhorst, Emmanuel Petit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    However Barca don't buy ours to rely on them to win titles unlike us.

Apart from Henry possibly Fabregassed who would you say has been a significant signing on their behalf who's really made an impact? Overmars, Vermaelen (should never have sold him), Bronckhorst, Emmanuel Petit?
    Regardless of what you say, that's a pretty amazing list of players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Other clubs will be in for him though and he's a valuable player so I doubt Barca will try to flog him off just for anything. Sanchez was surplus too yet went for a higher price, although I suppose a good WC inflated that.
    Alexis wasn't surplus especially considering he'd just had his best season in a Barca shirt. If Barca fans had their way they would have sold Pedro and kept Alexis but Pedro was happy to be a bench player and "fight" for his place because of his La Masia "product" status.

Pedro would be a terrible signing really. The guy will be 28 at the start of next season he's not good enough for Arsenal. There are better, younger and more effective wingers out there

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.