Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why i didn't get an A* in biology... i saw both of my course work and exam grades were A*... and an A grade showed up in my results.... And this thread make me sick... everyone gets 9 A* or above ... and i don't even do 9 subjects ... there is no marks in my results and i am currently requesting for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy:()
    I don't know why i didn't get an A* in biology... i saw both of my course work and exam grades were A*... and an A grade showed up in my results.... And this thread make me sick... everyone gets 9 A* or above ... and i don't even do 9 subjects ... there is no marks in my results and i am currently requesting for it...
    If you got all A*s in the exams and you got an A overall it may be worth enquiring about it as there may be an error.
    Not everyone does and try not to always be comparing your self to others, it isn't healthy. Lots of people dream of getting As, especially in Science, and as long as you're able to do what you want, try not to worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many raw marks 5 ums marks is in aqa religious studies unit 2/3

ReputationRep:
    My results were :
    English language : A ( really wanted an A*)
    English Literature: A (wasnt expecting this at all thought I'd get a C)
    Maths: A (expected)
    History: A ( worked so hard for this I went from G's to an A)
    Art: B ( really wanted an A)
    Spanish: C ( I can't speak a word of Spanish so a C is great)
    PE : C (I hate pe )
    Chemistry : B (wanted an A)
    Biology: B (expected)
    Physics :B (expected)

Overall quite happy with my results bar English language and art. It's frustrating as for a couple of my results I'm one or two marks off the A* but as these subjects are subjective I don't want to risk them getting marked down. To be honest I have always said to myself that I can still do well without these results , I just had my own personal goals. Hope everyone got what they wanted. Well done
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Hey It's Cerian)
    I'm really confused about my overall I.C.T grade. The examiners (WJEC) must've been generous. I had an A* in my Year 10 coursework but a C in the Unit 1 written paper, yet I had an A overall? I really don't get how an A* and a C equivilate to an overall A? Obviously, I'm thrilled to have that A. I just don't feel like I deserved it because my exam was considerably lower than my coursework, if that makes any sense.

Also, my Welsh examiners must've been coffee addicts as well as generous. There are four questions (including two crossover questions which are the same in both Higher and Foundation Tier). In the crossover writing question, I wrote 3 sentences about coffee (obviously in Welsh) and yet I had a B in the paper. How is my stupidness worth a B? All I can say is I'm thankful that I've had such generous grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I literally wrote dwin hoffi coffi in my welsh essay question section and got a B for the whole paper Omfg my course work brought me up to A overall
    They're really generous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got A* in chemistry. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Uh is there a a level forum for 2016-18 around? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    How do you all do further maths A level alongside GCSEs.
    Further maths GCSEs

A^ means A* with distinction (for any who are confused)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedSquirrels)
    Further maths GCSEs

A^ means A* with distinction (for any who are confused)
    The A^ grade is stupid and it's basically just an A* anyway. The grade A* in GCSE further maths is basically an A, the C grade is basically a D because you only need 37/175 for the C grade. There's no point in the A^ grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    The A^ grade is stupid and it's basically just an A* anyway. The grade A* in GCSE further maths is basically an A, the C grade is basically a D because you only need 37/175 for the C grade. There's no point in the A^ grade.
    Further maths GCSE is basically in between GCSE and A Level (so I've been told) and so it's higher than an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Further maths GCSE is basically in between GCSE and A Level (so I've been told) and so it's higher than an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but it really doesn't make sense. You can only get A* at A level not A***, I don't think grades should be created just because it's a little harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentlife444)
    If you got all A*s in the exams and you got an A overall it may be worth enquiring about it as there may be an error.
    Not everyone does and try not to always be comparing your self to others, it isn't healthy. Lots of people dream of getting As, especially in Science, and as long as you're able to do what you want, try not to worry too much.
    It is scary though... i found out that i actually got a B in B1 and C1 (which is 1 mark off an a grade...) that is really terrible for me because i just need 4 marks to get an A* in biology... And considering it is the easiest of those exams, i could not believe i didn't even get an A. As well as chemistry... it was reaply dissapointing... i found C1 is the most easiest since it was the very basic staff... (so i thought i would have got at least 50 marks cuz i couldn't think what i had got wrong) but it turn out that i didn't even get an A... i am considering that if i need to apply some remarks... However, there is a much bigger issue for me in course work. Basically, three science teacher had mark my coursework for A* , 44/50 in chemistry, 46/50 in physics and biology. But it only turn out the right marks in biology for 75/80 UMS... And i got both 64/80 UMS for the other 2 (which is 39/50-just an A)... i pulled down my overall physics grade.. Don't know if others have a similar issue here.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly how long remarks take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am a bit confused with the remarks... does gcse have priority remarks?(or just A level )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonamoose)
    Did anyone else get rather bad in English Lit and Lang AQA board? My entire year group did horrible and they are remarking. I was expected to get 2 A*'s and got 2 B's.
    no? I got full UMS in both, so two A*s and most of the year got A* or A

ReputationRep:
    Is there any AQA ums grade boundaries anywhere?? As raw marks don't correlate with my results. Im curious to know how far I was from the boundaries etc.
    Does anyone know how much UMS it was to get A* in AQA English Lit and Lang?

ReputationRep:
    To all of those who didn't get the grades they wanted :
    https://unmotivatedenthusiast.wordpr.../11/dooms-day/

Hope it helps you out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darlia)
    Yes! Loads of usually A* students got only A's! I was wondering about this ☹️
    That's what I'm wondering as well! I found the EdExcel papers I did for the sciences and based on the results I got I decided to do them again (baring in mind I forgot a lot of stuff since it's been over 2 months) and I got 55/60 (A*) in B1 but my paper says I got lower, I got at least 47/60 in B2 but my results sheet says I got much lower and got 51/60 at least (A*) but my results sheet says I got much lower! I feel like this has happened with other subjects so I'm checking!

Is it worth a remark for all my papers guys because i'm very confident I did much better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    That's what I'm wondering as well! I found the EdExcel papers I did for the sciences and based on the results I got I decided to do them again (baring in mind I forgot a lot of stuff since it's been over 2 months) and I got 55/60 (A*) in B1 but my paper says I got lower, I got at least 47/60 in B2 but my results sheet says I got much lower and got 51/60 at least (A*) but my results sheet says I got much lower! I feel like this has happened with other subjects so I'm checking!

Is it worth a remark for all my papers guys because i'm very confident I did much better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same with CIE. In extreme cases at my school people went from A* to a D. No one knows why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    Same with CIE. In extreme cases at my school people went from A* to a D. No one knows why.
    Exactly with me! I got A* in my CIE IGCSE english language mock exam but in the real thing I got a D? I at least expected a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.