The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Economist1
But I still haven't made my mind up yet. :s-smilie:

Choose Cambridge and give someone who is desperate for LSE a chance.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5601
coren111

That's the completely wrong attitude to have. He has offers from Cambridge and LSE and presumably obtained them both on his own merit. I see no reason as to why he should reject LSE simply to give someone else a marginally (at best) higher chance of getting in. If he hasn't decided yet then don't try to rush him into making a decision quickly - it's not exactly an easy decision to make and I empathise as I'm in a very similar situation to him.
coren111

But I don't think it works that way. I am almost certain they do not have a fixed quota of offers, and they probably have some good historical data to inform them about how many excess offers to make, which factors in things such as people who prefer to go elsewhere.

Vesta
That's the completely wrong attitude to have. He has offers from Cambridge and LSE and presumably obtained them both on his own merit. I see no reason as to why he should reject LSE simply to give someone else a marginally (at best) higher chance of getting in. If he hasn't decided yet then don't try to rush him into making a decision quickly.

Thank you.
Reply 5603
plainnash
This is where I find the whole process confusing; there's people with great GCSE and AS results on here with predicted straight A's at A level.

At the same time, there's me with rubbish GCSEs, ACCC at AS, predicted AAB at A level and a god awful reference from my tutor and I still haven't been rejected with an early December application. To me this either highlights the importance of a strong personal statement, or says that my application has fallen down the back of the admissions tutor's desk.

Either way, does anyone find it odd and is anyone else in the same boat?

I applied in late november for Maths and econ, and i have only had an acknowledgement too, My GCSE's are far from 'Strong'. I got AABC at AS and am predicted AAB for A2. So i guess i am in the same boat as you lol! I guess we've just gotta hang in there. I do know a few people from my school with straight As that got immediately rejected when they applied around the same time as I applied, if that makes u feel any better! i did :wink:
Geo8L
I applied in late november for Maths and econ, and i have only had an acknowledgement too, My GCSE's are far from 'Strong'. I got AABC at AS and am predicted AAB for A2. So i guess i am in the same boat as you lol! I guess we've just gotta hang in there. I do know a few people from my school with straight As that got immediately rejected when they applied around the same time as I applied, if that makes u feel any better! i did :wink:

Yeah they haven't looked at december applicants
I dunno if they have given gathered pile emails for post december applicants....I hope not at least as I haven't received one hehe :frown:
Got AAAA for AS but IGCSEs weren't fantastic :s-smilie:
Good luck for tomorrow people!
Reply 5605
Minhaz
Has anyone got an offer for Economics and Economic History?

Now let me guess why you chose this course??.... ( the acceptance ratio???)
lol
Reply 5606
before i get all anxious about tomorrow just wanted to ask how can we be sure that tomorrow will DEFINITELY be a rejection/offer day??
Reply 5607
not a fan of all this speculation - it just makes the wait feel much longer...
gsc7
before i get all anxious about tomorrow just wanted to ask how can we be sure that tomorrow will DEFINITELY be a rejection/offer day??

We can't.
Stefano46
Yeah they haven't looked at december applicants
I dunno if they have given gathered pile emails for post december applicants....I hope not at least as I haven't received one hehe :frown:
Got AAAA for AS but IGCSEs weren't fantastic :s-smilie:
Good luck for tomorrow people!

I agree - I want to feel optimistic because I'm still in the running but realistically I don't think they've properly gone over my application - perhaps they'll reject me immediately once they see it, who knows. December applicants may have to wait until late Feb/March for decisions, which may end up being rejections unfourtunately.

Good luck for tommorow everyone - no can be sure they'll be any decisions but since there hasn't been any news for a week there's a very strong likelihood there will be.
RandomLiverpool
OMG I CANT BREATHE
JUST GOT THE TRACK UPDATE EMAIL

Haha you are funny.
Reply 5611
Vertigo100
Quite arrogant as well in saying you just got your track email.

How does that make him arrogant :confused:?
Swayum
How does that make him arrogant :confused:?

I was thinking the same thing...
Vertigo100
Haha you are funny. Quite arrogant as well in saying you just got your track email.

how is that arrogant..
your just jealous..
let me guess.. you havent recieved an offer yet?
you should be happy for him.. how you would feel if he was one of your friends
UCAS is being slow again; I got a rejection through the post this morning from Bristol dated the 23rd and it says nothing on UCAS about it, so this famous internet service we're all using is actually slower than snail mail.
Quite an achievement UCAS, congratulations.
Reply 5615
plainnash
UCAS is being slow again; I got a rejection through the post this morning from Bristol dated the 23rd and it says nothing on UCAS about it, so this famous internet service we're all using is actually slower than snail mail.

:lolwut:

Do you have any clue how universities work? They most likely haven't updated your Track yet, but have made the decision internally already. My Oxford + Imperial decisions took a month to come up on Track. And no, this wasn't because UCAS was delayed by a month, because UCL took a while to update too and sent me 3 letters identifying the different stages in their offer making process (and, indeed, the one which said I've been made a formal offer coincided with Track) - they weren't acknowledgements, by the way.

*Edit*

To elaborate, the decision gets made by the department a lot faster than the time taken for the actual faculty to act.
so guys, rejection day today, in a couple of hours we should be hearing something...hope my email inbox stays nice and empty, got an exam at 1 aswell :frown:
plainnash

lol
andy22may
so guys, rejection day today, in a couple of hours we should be hearing something...hope my email inbox stays nice and empty, got an exam at 1 aswell :frown:

or we won't! :P
anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending