?
Report 7 years ago
Tom should have won, Tom did win - so all there is left to do is :happy2:
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Complex Simplicity)
I didn't matter what Helen did Tom was always going to win. All of Helens strengths are all things LS already has, to go into partnership LS needed someone to bring something different to the table ie creativity in making new products. Helen didn't have this ability.
TBH, all Lord Sugar seems to care about is making money, unique acumen or not.
Little Hobbit
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think Lord Sugar should have hired Tom and Helen to start their MyPy business
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by When will I know?)
Tom's curvy nail file looks pretty good...and Helen looked stunning in purple with her hair down
I don't get it. He didn't actually create a nail filer, he just made a slightly curvy one
I've never seen this nail filer in the shops.
Not the most impressive invention but fair enough.
speedystef
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done Tom, top man, clever guy and a suitable business partner for Lord Sugar, honorable mention to Helen though, she was an outstanding candidate it's just a shame her "first" business plan was the one she chose to roll with and it let her down.

Speaking of honorable mentions, Zoe and Melody = Fit
Cheddar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I watched the whole of you're hired with a HUGE smile on my face. Genuinely really happy for Tom, he deserved it.
passthedutchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
I don't get it. He didn't actually create a nail filer, he just made a slightly curvy one
You are a woman, would you be interested? All women i know collect nail files like they collect shoes. 20 pairs and they only use 1 or 2. So would that curvy one go into your "collection"?
Lights
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So happy for Tom! You're Hired was really funny too. Hope he does well.
BritGirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tom was wearing his bright yellow socks again On you're hired did any know what that black thing was that Jim was carrying that he put in the desk?
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by speedystef)
Well done Tom, top man, clever guy and a suitable business partner for Lord Sugar, honorable mention to Helen though, she was an outstanding candidate it's just a shame her "first" business plan was the one she chose to roll with and it let her down.

Speaking of honorable mentions, Zoe and Melody = Fit
Oh Melody... i hear a melody. I think the edit shows her as a nagging b*tch, while i just think she's a bit impulsive and self-reliant. But she needs to be to be a motivator i think. She actually was reasonable in combination with Tom. I actually thought they fit together on a personal level, since i think Melody is a very "pure" personality like Tom. What you is what you get. She doesn't actually lie, just exagerrate IMO
georgiaaaxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BritGirl)
Tom was wearing his bright yellow socks again On you're hired did any know what that black thing was that Jim was carrying that he put in the desk?
it was a t shirt saying 'jedi jim' with a picture of him on it as a present to dara
When will I know?
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
Hmm I think it appealed more to people (and especially lord sugar) because it got in to 'Walmart' in 'America'.

But i also think that because it's curvy it's more convenient, because usally with the straight ones you have to adjust your fingers or the nail- file at different angles to file the corners...but with the curvy one i think it files all the corners of your nails...by just moving your fingers along the file. :dontknow: i'm not sure....

I was more surprised that it never existed before
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by passthedutchie)
You are a woman, would you be interested? All women i know collect nail files like they collect shoes. 20 pairs and they only use 1 or 2. So would that curvy one go into your "collection"?
But that defects the objective. I think Tom's plan was to improve the quality of nail filers and completely eradicate the ordinary straight filers, I don't think his intention was just to 'add it to girls nail collections'. Would I be interested? Honestly I don't know, I've never used it before, only heard of it today.
JollyJelly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BritGirl)
Lol...Tom's socks where pretty much the only reason I tuned in hehe
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by T-Toe)
But that defects the objective. I think Tom's plan was to improve the quality of nail filers and completely eradicate the ordinary straight filers, I don't think his intention was just to 'add it to girls nail collections'. Would I be interested? Honestly I don't know, I've never used it before, only heard of it today.
And that's exactly why he needs a guy like LS to get him focused IMO. To get that file making money in one of Susan's shops.
KateMP
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I LOVE TOM. I thought I wanted Susan to win but I'm sure she'll do fine, especially after what Lord Sugar said in the after show. Tom deserved it. He's so cute.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't worry about the careers of any of the last 4.

Jim: salesforce extra-ordinaire
Susan: will re-invent the Body Shop, people just don't know it yet
Helen: nr 1 manager, not just a PA

And Tom: Watch out Steve Jobs! You've got competition!
IceWater
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So umm... how legal is it to pay in cash like Susie did to her 15 employees? (I don't know )
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IceWater)
So umm... how legal is it to pay in cash like Susie did to her 15 employees? (I don't know )
Cash in hand is legal... it is up to those being paid to report it to HMRC.
Traceur
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IceWater)
About as illegal as hiring out a dodgy old building, then packing it with baby weed plants with the intent to grow and sell it all whilst illegally stealing electricity from the national electricity grid.

Maybe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (190)
39.58%
No - but I will (29)
6.04%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.88%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.5%

Watched Threads