ReputationRep:
    Santos cancelled his contract!!!!! :woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    great news!

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    man city sign jovetic..

Kinda slightly disapointed even though realistically he was probably never a target..

But city + chelsea are now looking very strong..

arsenal really are going to have to step things up
    why was he probably never a target?

It's all good for us all to sit back and talk about patience, and it still being a month til the season starts, but there's a point where all our targets have moved elsewhere, as has every other top striker that is gonna move, and we're getting pretty near that poiint.

We seem to be down to just Higuain, Suarez or Rooney now. Rooney will go to Chelsea if he does leave united, suarez will go to madrid if they want him, and who knows wtf is going on with higuain but if the Napoli interest is true then we could be left with nothing.

but who knows. Maybe we're already closer to a deal with somebody than any of us know.

Very disappointed by the Jovetic news.

I hate to add more bad news, but reports in Spain have suggested that Higuain had declared Mourinho wants him at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Very disappointed by the Jovetic news.

I hate to add more bad news, but reports in Spain have suggested that Higuain had declared Mourinho wants him at Chelsea.
    Does that free up Torres? I would take a punt on him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's recent comments about there not being enough choice and not being close to any players leave a nasty taste in my mouth. I've held up until now, now I'm running out of patience. Some will say there's still time, but time to sign who? So far we have Sanogo, who could well be the next Henry, but that's years away. I feel like this calculated, frugal approach to spending money might actually be getting over done. No second bid for Bender, no bid at all for Higuain, an 'enquiry' for Rooney... We couldn't even tempt Grenier from ****ing Lyon. Now Jovetic is going to City, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Cesar is of to serie A and we are apparently willing to pay 35+ mill for Suarez, someone who'll probably miss a 1/4 of the games for discipline. Having said that, at this point I'd be well chuffed with getting Suarez.

Oh and Walcott reckons our current team can win the league.... Think those 7 goal wins are getting to your head mate, convincingly beat a top 4 PL side then get back to me Theo.

edit: One good thing to come out this window so far is Wenger's commitment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    man city sign jovetic..

Kinda slightly disapointed even though realistically he was probably never a target..

But city + chelsea are now looking very strong..

arsenal really are going to have to step things up
    Added to Negredo, their attack looks decent. It's just whether they can adjust to England but I think they'll be fine.

All the activity really makes you wonder why we're not doing anything in the market.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope this doesn't happen..

Napoli sign Higuain which will then make Real sign Suarez. Meanwhile Chelsea will sign Rooney.

The amount of time various arsenal players have commented on these players possibly having a good impact is unbelievable and the fact that arsene wenger said he will get someone special.

Our first game is mid August against villa. So we hopefully could see a potential big signing in the making.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)

Napoli sign Higuain which will then make Real sign Suarez. Meanwhile Chelsea will sign Rooney.

The amount of time various arsenal players have commented on these players possibly having a good impact is unbelievable and the fact that arsene wenger said he will get someone special.

Our first game is mid August against villa. So we hopefully could see a potential big signing in the making.
    Napoli can't afford Higuain's wages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Napoli can't afford Higuain's wages...
    They have £108 million to spend, pretty sure they could adjust their wage structure slightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    source...

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Sakho has been absolutely atrocious last season. You don't want him based on this form...
    its been more to do with his maltreatment tbh, from being a certified starter and youngest captain in the teams history many years ago, to being demoted to a more peripheral role.

ReputationRep:
    moyes confirms the bid for Fabregas.. but Wenger claims that arsenal would be on alert if such a thing happened... so what's up Mr.Wenger ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    moyes confirms the bid for Fabregas.. but Wenger claims that arsenal would be on alert if such a thing happened... so what's up Mr.Wenger ??
    Wenger says Fabregas is planning on staying at least one more year at Barca despite UTD's offer. I think he may be right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)

And benteke to spurs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    source...
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8830630/?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Barca rejected the bid though. So nothing changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    And benteke to spurs!
    So who does that leave for us? A Thierry Henry return knowing Wenger. It'll probably be Dzeko now, not that he's a bad player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    So who does that leave for us? A Thierry Henry return knowing Wenger. It'll probably be Dzeko now, not that he's a bad player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Barca rejected the bid though. So nothing changed.
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Wenger says Fabregas is planning on staying at least one more year at Barca despite UTD's offer. I think he may be right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "At the moment, Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona," Wenger told the press.

"We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert but, at the moment, that’s not something we're after."

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.