Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nah Gabriel was good, didn't put a for wrong, Chambrrs on the other hand....a kosc Gab cb pairing could just work you know
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Looks like you're competing with Chelsea for 4th place this season.
    Seems like neither Arsenal, Chelsea or United want to finish in the top four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Did you not hear our fans yesterday? Were chanting "we're staying up" after Costa's goal

Inb4 you got no fans

prsom - you beat me to it Sheddy

nah, all in all it'll be an interesting season.
    order will restore soon but it's nice to be in the top 4 for once

(Original post by leinad2012)
    I'm jut bantering, when 2 or 3 BIG decisions go one teams way in a row questions are always asked. A review system for **** like this would be VERY easy to implement, 1 review a game, always give strikers benefit of doubt
    oh i agree however people always overlook how wrong the perception of luck is.
    it's actually a really interesting area of study if you're a nerd like me, but basically people have a severely distorted, almost selective memory of luck, tending to recall primarily the negative but not the positive.
    i personally try to believe that luck evens out over the course of a season, but that may not necessarily happen in terms of points.
    for instance you may get a lucky goal when you're already 5-0 ahead instead of getting a lucky winner in a vital match.

anyway i'm rambling now, long story short is that i feel like we need video refereeing to bring a little more justice to the sport.
    although it's funny to think about, i'd rather win through skill and good performance than freak refereeing decisions for example.

ReputationRep:
    Said it 2 months ago Pedro would be a great signing for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    United and Liverpool are identical atm - both have picked up 7 points without playing very well (in general).

Arsenal are the league bottlers anyway and Chelsea found it too easy last season so they're handicapping themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    What also pisses me off is that a large proportion of our fans sit at the Emirates silently not chanting or getting up on their feet clapping for our boys, sit there like ****ing lemons on their ipad tablets, ****ing middle/upper class snobs.
    Many of them sarcastically cheered a Liverpool shot in the first half that went wide, when they were all over you. Fans of most big clubs are bad, but you're lot are in a league of their own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    have to let the smaller clubs have a chance!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Many of them sarcastically cheered a Liverpool shot in the first half that went wide, when they were all over you. Fans of most big clubs are bad, but you're lot are in a league of their own
    All fans of big clubs are pretty poor these days, but it's a different culture. You get people going to the Emirates, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Anfield out of some sort of desire to check something off of their bucket list.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    United and Liverpool are identical atm - both have picked up 7 points without playing very well (in general).

Arsenal are the league bottlers anyway and Chelsea found it too easy last season so they're handicapping themselves.
    Our game in 2 weeks has 0-0 written all over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    oh i agree however people always overlook how wrong the perception of luck is.
    it's actually a really interesting area of study if you're a nerd like me, but basically people have a severely distorted, almost selective memory of luck, tending to recall primarily the negative but not the positive.
    i personally try to believe that luck evens out over the course of a season, but that may not necessarily happen in terms of points.
    for instance you may get a lucky goal when you're already 5-0 ahead instead of getting a lucky winner in a vital match.

anyway i'm rambling now, long story short is that i feel like we need video refereeing to bring a little more justice to the sport.
    although it's funny to think about, i'd rather win through skill and good performance than freak refereeing decisions for example.
    Oh people definitely have a distorted memory when it comes to dodgy decision or lucky goals. Like you say we'll remember the poor decisions against our side than the lucky ones.
    However I completely disagree with the whole "the luck balances out over the season" as the statistician in me screams "bull****" because 38 games isn't a big sample size by any means (unless you say luck takes a binomial distribution and you're approximating it normally ) so it is quite conceivably that you could have a significant amount of luck go your way over the season

ReputationRep:
    Find it ironic that Utd fans are giving arsenal grief for tonight & how they can't take the wumming. I remember saying a few weeks ago that I thought Man United fans were the worst for having a sense of entitlement to everything & about 5 jumped on me for it.

Tbf very few can take wumming well after they've dropped points.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is WASHED!! Abeg Arsene, sign a striker, I cannot take much more of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Our game in 2 weeks has 0-0 written all over it
    nah i think you have our number at OT
    it'll probably be our first loss of the season and we both know what happened to us after you beat us last time...

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Oh people definitely have a distorted memory when it comes to dodgy decision or lucky goals. Like you say we'll remember the poor decisions against our side than the lucky ones.
    However I completely disagree with the whole "the luck balances out over the season" as the statistician in me screams "bull****" because 38 games isn't a big sample size by any means (unless you say luck takes a binomial distribution and you're approximating it normally ) so it is quite conceivably that you could have a significant amount of luck go your way over the season
    precisely, that effect only increases with time.
    if i think back to two seasons ago, i can clearly remember the wrong offside in the City game and the awful Eto'o tackle in the Chelsea game, but i can barely remember any times we got a lucky goal in that season.

as i said, i try to believe luck balances out but the thing about luck is that it's seemingly random.
    and i mean "true" luck - if you close down a defender relentlessly and he gifts you the ball for a goal, i'd call that more artificial luck.
    last season, united really tested my hope that luck balances out - they seemed to get exactly what they needed every single week, however looking back on it i can't say for sure whether my rival fan bias and my obvious memory bias gives a true representation of how lucky they were over the season.

all in all, there will always be an aspect of fortune or misfortune in football.
    that's part of what makes the sport so unpredictable and so spontaneous.
    who knows when your shot is gonna hit a random beachball and deflect in to the net?

(Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Liverpool dropped points, come at me bro

ReputationRep:
    Wait...Giroud is our only recognised centre forward. Lmaooo

edit: Oh **** nawh. Welbeck and Campbell. nvm.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

At least Giroud isn't undroppable and he isn't on a 4 year contract earning 3 times the wages of anyone else in your squad

Wish AFTV would hurry up and upload btw, have to be up for work in 7 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Find it ironic that Utd fans are giving arsenal grief for tonight & how they can't take the wumming. I remember saying a few weeks ago that I thought Man United fans were the worst for having a sense of entitlement to everything & about 5 jumped on me for it.

No one from arsenal has been that bad apart from me.

I'm not against the wumming though I'm just furious about the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

Giroud's decent value for money though.
    We've got a player who's nearly 30, earning 300k a week, doing **** all and to top it all off he's captain so he can play as **** as he likes and still be in the starting 11 whilst collecting his ridiculous wages.
    Common sense that only Messi & Ronaldo should be earning that kind of money but we're United so we can pay what we like and not base our wage structure on a sensible bases. Your not happy? Have an extra 50k.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see the video of some geezer tryna punch Ty?
    The cheek of some people. Can't be punching celebs like that.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal Fan TV?
    Claude and TY meltdown.
    And Moh going on about Chelsea have no history but how Liverpool should disregard their history and how Arsenal are more sucessful than Utd because of the last 2 seasons.
    Can't wait

ReputationRep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.