Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Exactly with me! I got A* in my CIE IGCSE english language mock exam but in the real thing I got a D? I at least expected a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This happened to me too!! (But not as extreme)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MethylOrange_)
    This happened to me too!! (But not as extreme)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something is honestly wrong! Im going for a remark because I am confident that I'll go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itzxsmithyy)
    I'm 18 and I started an apprenticeship not so long ago. I got my result for English today. It came back 2 marks off a C (for the 3rd year in a row, 6 exams in a row I've came within 1-2 marks from a C). So I'm at the point now where I know that I'm not going to get a C from getting it re marked. My question is, what happens now? I've left school with a D in English but I've already secured an apprenticeship. What happens if I don't get a full time job from it and I want to search for a job? I dont have a C in English so nobody would take me on.
    Hey, I'm not sure if you have already got the advice that you needed, but I have some advice, too. I hope this will be of some help to you.

So, I'm sure it must be really annoying almost nearly getting the C and then not quite getting it. But, I'd say try again for the last time and seek advice from someone for as if you were trying to get an A*. I know that sounds ridiculous, but you are definitely not illiterate so aiming higher could just mean that you'd get higher than what you usually get.

However, if that doesn't sound promising to you, I have other advice. A D in English is not going to stop you from being successful in life, I can promise you that. It will only stop you if you let it. Learn as much as you can from your apprenticeship, network with people in places and seek active ways to get yourself significant business skills. These skills will be the most useful thing to you. Look at the skills you already have now and try and see if you could come up with a business idea and then apply for a grant from Prince's trust (please look that up if you have not heard of it before) to make that business idea a reality. You seem like someone who would excel in business because of your ability to pick yourself up after several failures. Please don't let your individual talents and skills waste away, because I'm sure you can do so much with them. My advice for your first steps would be trying again with English for the last time, taking the apprenticeship, finding a mentor and making connections with people in places you want to get to, and learning more useful skills along the way.

Again, I really hope this was helpful (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T0ucan)
    Attachment 575354So happy but so gutted. Results are better than anything I could have hoped for but my a level subjects clash and I can't take what I want to!
    WOW. WELL DONE FOR THE A* IN BUSINESS PARTICULARLY. You are literally the ONLY person I have seen with an A* in Business.

What do you wanna study at A Level??? (Or IB)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Something is honestly wrong! Im going for a remark because I am confident that I'll go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I've put mine in for a remark too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MethylOrange_)
    Yes I've put mine in for a remark too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just saw the chemistry unit 3 paper and in my results sheet it says I got 56/80 UMS which is a B but I actually got an A* so at least 72/80 UMS! This is so weird. Defo have to remark literally everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do too well in my GCSEs ; I got them today. I got 5 Bs and 5Cs. I failed geography (D) and got a C in media studies which were two subjects I wanted to do at a level but can't anymore and when I met the sixth form's entry requirements they told me to do btecs because if I have no As or A*s I probably won't pass the a levels and she wouldn't stop telling me not to do a levels. I understand why she said it but tbh if I want to do the subject and I meet the requirements they should let me on, right? I was trying to do a level maths and physics I have a B in Maths physics and English language btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oethan)
    I didn't do too well in my GCSEs ; I got them today. I got 5 Bs and 5Cs. I failed geography (D) and got a C in media studies which were two subjects I wanted to do at a level but can't anymore and when I met the sixth form's entry requirements they told me to do btecs because if I have no As or A*s I probably won't pass the a levels and she wouldn't stop telling me not to do a levels. I understand why she said it but tbh if I want to do the subject and I meet the requirements they should let me on, right? I was trying to do a level maths and physics I have a B in Maths physics and English language btw
    Don't listen to them! Do what you want to do and that's definitely correct. If you've met the entry requirements for the relevant subjects then they shouldn't force you to do BTECs! They could easily reject you if they don't want you to do A Levels so keep on fighting and also look for more sixth forms and colleges

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our school's results went so bad they've asked us all for permission for a whole school remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly with me! I got A* in my CIE IGCSE english language mock exam but in the real thing I got a D? I at least expected a B!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tough. That's what happens when you get cocky and complacent! AHAHAHA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    But I never became cocky or complacent? So obviously what you said is just portrays you as ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But I never became cocky or complacent? So obviously what you said is just portrays you as ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got A*, A in CIE Lang/Lit Mock - Managed A/B in the actual test. Grade boundaries were much higher and the tests had quite strict mark schemes apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    I got A*, A in CIE Lang/Lit Mock - Managed A/B in the actual test. Grade boundaries were much higher and the tests had quite strict mark schemes apparently.
    Oh okk! I was aiming for an A but came out with a C! Only 2 marks off a B so going to remark one of the components the grade boundaries were the same as last year wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys some opinions would appreciated
    What A level would be a better choice between government and politics or business ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Our school's results went so bad they've asked us all for permission for a whole school remark

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow really?! How bad were they😱

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Never had below an A* (or 95% for that matter) in History mocks etc but got an A in the real thing without getting cocky or complacent at all. If anything, the subjects I was cocky about I did best in.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any revision tips? 😂🤓😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Never had below an A* (or 95% for that matter) in History mocks etc but got an A in the real thing without getting cocky or complacent at all. If anything, the subjects I was cocky about I did best in.
    I think he was talking about me ahaha! And you did amazing Surina! Hopefully you get straight A*s after your remark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 279 UMS in edexcel additional science. does anyone know how many raw marks I was off an A*?

ReputationRep:
    Now that results day is over, who's up for filling out a survey? You're not? Well, hang on one second. Are you a very analytical person who questions the world? This is the survey for you! It's essentially a bunch of ethical questions which will test your moral standards. If you do complete one, it'd be much appreciated as it's for my Philosophy A-level project (I'm just about to enter Post 16). Many thanks! Sophie x
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx The Euthyphro Dilemma Survey.docx (17.1 KB, 56 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.