Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Killalot)
    Lucky you!!! Which Conference game did you go to?
    Brady's last hurrah? Joe Flacco might have a thing or two to say about that..

I do love Brady though, I wouldn't mind too much if he gets another ring. He does deserve it!
    2004 when they beat the Steelers. I've been to a couple bowl games as well though but i wouldn't call it as "big" as conference final.

At this rate with our receiving corp we wont be making a superbowl again. Though saying that we've improved on defense and when we won our Superbowls we didn't have stud receivers. It was Good Offense and Good defense. In the last few years its just Amazing Offense awful defense. Too much for Brady to do.

One more ring is all i ask then i don't mind us sucking for 8 years

ReputationRep:
    Pat Summerall passed away aged 82. RIP. Him and Madden will always be the best commentators. Accomplished athlete as well...

10 year career in the NFL and played for the Giants in the famous 'Greatest Game Ever' - Colts v Giants 1958 NFL Championship Game.

All-state in football and basketball.

Played football, baseball and basketball at Arkansas. He turned down a basketball scholorship from Kentucky and Adolph Rupp as they wouldn't let him play football.

Played minor league baseball for the St Louis Cardinals as a first baseman.

He was also Florida’s 16-and-under tennis champion in 1946.

ReputationRep:
    How much roughly are tickets to the 'greatest show on earth'? Do season ticket holders of the teams get preference or something or is it just a free for all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    How much roughly are tickets to the 'greatest show on earth'? Do season ticket holders of the teams get preference or something or is it just a free for all?
    Hmm I think they go from like 1.7 grand to like 6 grand. Its much cheaper buying it months before the game but if you wait to see what teams are in it the price will have risen badly.

I know the conference final match set my dad back 280$ but that was 8 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Also for all you NFL fan's wanting to go to the States for a game.

Schedule is released today. So glad it is thought they were gonna delay it for a week.

Here's hoping to the Saints or Bronco's for November :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Hmm I think they go from like 1.7 grand to like 6 grand. Its much cheaper buying it months before the game but if you wait to see what teams are in it the price will have risen badly.

I know the conference final match set my dad back 280$ but that was 8 years ago.
    That's more or less the prices i'd expect. Not too bothered about seeing any particular team, though if the Chargers ever make it I wouldn't mind of course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    That's more or less the prices i'd expect. Not too bothered about seeing any particular team, though if the Chargers ever make it I wouldn't mind of course...
    Yup. Once tickets are sold out though expect to pay upwards of 5 grand on the secondary market. I think I'l leave the Superbowl dream for another year or so. I'm content with two games this year. I do want to go to Candlestick park before SF49ers move.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the schedule is kind to me. I'm over there for a month :jebus:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I hope the schedule is kind to me. I'm over there for a month :jebus:
    Im praying to the gods it that its gonna be good! Want the Saints, Broncos or Steelers. Wouldn't mind the Bills either then I'l have seen all 3 division rivals. When about's are you going to be over there?

ReputationRep:
    Im praying to the gods it that its gonna be good! Want the Saints, Broncos or Steelers. Wouldn't mind the Bills either then I'l have seen all 3 division rivals. When about's are you going to be over there?
    I'm actually going to be flying to Boston as my mate's camp for Camp America is near there. Then we'll just be making our way west, down California then wherever else we feel like!

Hoping to get a game at the Gillette (where we spank someone) and hopefully one at Candlestick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'm actually going to be flying to Boston as my mate's camp for Camp America is near there. Then we'll just be making our way west, down California then wherever else we feel like!

Hoping to get a game at the Gillette (where we spank someone) and hopefully one at Candlestick!
    Thats what i want to do! It may just have to be two games at the Gillette though and no Candlestick

I actually considered applying to do Camp America exchange but i think i'l do it next year or so.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i want to do! It may just have to be two games at the Gillette though and no Candlestick

I actually considered applying to do Camp America exchange but i think i'l do it next year or so.
    When you going? I better not run into you :fuhrer:

It does sound quite good for travelling, I'd do it before you can't. I already work so couldn't take an entire summer off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    When you going? I better not run into you :fuhrer:

It does sound quite good for travelling, I'd do it before you can't. I already work so couldn't take an entire summer off!
    Haha why not

Sometime around November mid or early December.

I'm relocating anyway in September so i thought its not a good idea this year since its for 2 months isn't it. Next year i really do want to do it though.

ReputationRep:
    Haha why not

Sometime around November mid or early December.

I'm relocating anyway in September so i thought its not a good idea this year since its for 2 months isn't it. Next year i really do want to do it though.
    I'm only jesting bbz

Ahhh okay, I'll be there September!

Relocating huh? Where too?

I'd definitely give it a go mate! Sounds like a blast. Plus sunshine for a couple months, unheard of here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'm only jesting bbz

Ahhh okay, I'll be there September!

Relocating huh? Where too?

I'd definitely give it a go mate! Sounds like a blast. Plus sunshine for a couple months, unheard of here...
    I know haha

Ahh start of season. Moving to Australia in September. Yeah I'l definitely try and go on it next year!

ReputationRep:
    Baltimore opening on the road at Denver. No real surprise there.

ReputationRep:
    DJ Hayden's stock has just risen astronomically. Mike Mayock says hes the best corner available in the draft. I'm not convinced but his recovery from his incredible story. Taken from somewhere else about what happened.

"He collided with a safety in a passing drill and got the safety's knee in his chest.The collision tore the inferior vena cava in his heart. The injury itself is most commonly seen in high-speed vehicle accidents and the fatality is 95% due to the massive loss of blood. He told the media at the NFL Combine that after the accident he could see much out of his left eye. It just went pitch black. And he suddenly felt cold and sleepy. Alonzo Highsmith, senior personnel executive for the Green Bay Packers said that the only people who had the injury are not alive and the doctors haven't seen it."

Normally takes 6 weeks before your out of hospital for that. He was out in 6...

ReputationRep:
    Titans fan for my sins.

Softspot for the Seahawks.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, don't think I'm going to be able to see the Pats vs Jets or Bills sadly :sad: Just too close to the middle of my trip, bah!

I could however make Packers @ 49ers and 49ers @ Seahawks I think, mmm, very nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Hmmm, don't think I'm going to be able to see the Pats vs Jets or Bills sadly :sad: Just too close to the middle of my trip, bah!

I could however make Packers @ 49ers and 49ers @ Seahawks I think, mmm, very nice!
    Seahawks 49ers obviously! Shame you can't see the Pats though.

Bronco's and Browns looks possible for me !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.