Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    "At the moment, Fabregas has decided to stay one more year at Barcelona," Wenger told the press.

"We have the clause in the contract so we would be on alert but, at the moment, that’s not something we're after."
    "The competition in Europe is very hard at the moment," Wenger told reporters.

"There’s a lot of money and not many players. We work hard but we are not close to signing anybody."

ReputationRep:
    Hurts even more knowing Jovetic went to Citeh for only £22m...

...But I don't think he's what we need. We need someone who'll score 22+ goals a season in the PL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Source?
    Moyes has stated publicly for the first time that United did make a formal offer for Barcelona's Cesc Fábregas. "I don't like to talk about players at other clubs but I can confirm we made a bid for him," the manager said, of what is thought to be a £26m offer that was rejected by Barcelona.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...d-wayne-rooney

Take it with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    I think wenger will use giroud and get one key signing for DM I doubt higuain will be at arsenal unless they already got him

ReputationRep:
    The end of the transfer window can't come any sooner, becaus all this transfer rumours and talk is slowly killing me inside

ReputationRep:
    So frustrating, same **** happens every year, yet I always convince myself it will be different

ReputationRep:
    Zelalem!>>>>>>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerser)
    Zelalem!>>>>>>

The kid's going to be a star. His first touch, composure and vision are all exceptional for a 16 year old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think wenger will use giroud and get one key signing for DM I doubt higuain will be at arsenal unless they already got him
    Only Giroud as our recognised striker? Walcott and Podolski will mainly play out wide. Good luck to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    The end of the transfer window can't come any sooner, becaus all this transfer rumours and talk is slowly killing me inside
    It's kinda painful knowing there's a lot that needs done and if we don't we won't do any better than last season yet there's no activity in the market - kinda feels Wenger and the board don't care. I honestly am starting to believe that they see 4th as the pinnacle. We won't be getting that much longer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo - Espn reporting: Arsenal approve £40m Suarez bid

Do we really want Suarez???? I personally dislike him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo - Espn reporting: Arsenal approve £40m Suarez bid

Do we really want Suarez???? I personally dislike him.
    He's better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    suarez isn't coming lol

we heard the same about Gotze last year

and Mata the year before

Wenger put in a huge 30m + bid for good players then to show ambition, then turns out its all talk no action

when all the good players are gone he turns round daying there were no good options and not enough time and he we end up with a host of average washed up players from top clubs and take them on loan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    suarez isn't coming lol

we heard the same about Gotze last year

and Mata the year before

Wenger put in a huge 30m + bid for good players then to show ambition, then turns out its all talk no action

when all the good players are gone he turns round daying there were no good options and not enough time and he we end up with a host of average washed up players from top clubs and take them on loan
    I agree I've said that a few times on here already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really shows the difference in ambition/willingness, that City have now signed Jovetic AND Negredo, on top of already having Dzeko and flippin Aguero!

When we were linked with Jovetic and Higuain, and some people said why not both?', (and I believe both were realistic targets that we could have signed by now if the board/wenger actually wanted them) most people laughed or got worried, oh what will giroud do, the poor fellow?'

ReputationRep:
    What City are doing is building up a squad because they can afford to. It will be interesting to see how they manage all these big name players and what effect it will have on the younger players. It hasn't worked out in the past for them so that tells me that they need a balance and I'm sure players like Nasri for example will be pushed further down the line. Obviously I'm really upset to see a player like Jovetic go to City but I'm sure Wenger still has something up his sleeve. He always does regardless of what people say. Those who say its going to be the same as every other season are not really thinking it right. Ill be over the moon if we get 3 players of the calibre of last summer- Cazorla, Giroud and Podolski. The difference of course this season is we aren't losing any of the big players like RVP last summer so I'm failing to understand those people who say its the same as every season..its not!

ReputationRep:
    as much as I dont like suraez, Id bite liverpools hand off for him, over no striker signings..

Situation is feeling a little bleak at the moment..

ReputationRep:
    Rumours on Twitter that we've agreed a £21m fee for Bernard.

I'll believe it when I see it on Arsenal.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Rumours on Twitter that we've agreed a £21m fee for Bernard.

I'll believe it when I see it on Arsenal.com
    doesnt he play on the wing?

Dont get me wrong seems like a good signing for a young promising player, but surely its not in the positions we desperatly need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    doesnt he play on the wing?

Dont get me wrong seems like a good signing for a young promising player, but surely its not in the positions we desperatly need?
    He plays as a left winger - reminds me of Overmars a little. I think he'll offer us a lot more than Podolski does in that position. Either that or we can put him behind the strikers I think. Hope it's true though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.