Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you've been offered an interview are you guaranteed a fair hearing or could the course be full before you're interviewed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FreTims)
    Okay guys... For those of you who are about to take their literacy test (not sure if this is good or bad news) but as of 28 February 2014, the punctuation section will be temporarily removed while refinements are made. The remaining sections of the literacy test will be unaffected and they expect to reintroduce the punctuation element in the autumn. Info from the DFE website.

All the best guys...

I was planning on taking my test next week, so i'm correct in saying that no punctuation section will be included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ndy888)
    I was planning on taking my test next week, so i'm correct in saying that no punctuation section will be included.
    According the website yes. Pls have a look at DFE website for more info. All the best....

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooo...got myself an interview at derby university!! fingers crossed it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Wooooooo...got myself an interview at derby university!! fingers crossed it goes well!
    Yay!! Congrats and good luck. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Yay!! Congrats and good luck. :-)
    What was your interview there like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    What was your interview there like?
    It was alright. There were more people there than the Trent one but you're split into smaller groups and the group task is pretty informal which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    It was alright. There were more people there than the Trent one but you're split into smaller groups and the group task is pretty informal which is nice.
    Cool cool did you do much research on the topic you have to research?cos it doesnt seem to say much about it haha...just says to read up on behaviour management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    If you've been offered an interview are you guaranteed a fair hearing or could the course be full before you're interviewed.
    Hi there, last year I had an interview for IOE but when I turned up on the day, they told us places were full and we were being interviewed for a waiting list. SO not always guaranteed fair hearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Hi there, last year I had an interview for IOE but when I turned up on the day, they told us places were full and we were being interviewed for a waiting list. SO not always guaranteed fair hearing.
    That would annoy me enough to make me walk out, what a complete waste of everyone's time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Cool cool did you do much research on the topic you have to research?cos it doesnt seem to say much about it haha...just says to read up on behaviour management
    I did a fair bit of reading up and note taking about it in general and that made me feel a lot more confident. I'm not sure how much I can say on here...what I will say is that you do need to be aware of the topic (and I found it really interesting and useful anyway) but there is nothing to worry or stress about with it either.

ReputationRep:
    I did a fair bit of reading up and note taking about it in general and that made me feel a lot more confident. I'm not sure how much I can say on here...what I will say is that you do need to be aware of the topic (and I found it really interesting and useful anyway) but there is nothing to worry or stress about with it either.
    Yeah yeah...i was just curious as to whether they wanted us to take notes in haha...or is it just something they want you to just know about...ill make sure im well prepared...got until the 19th march!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeah yeah...i was just curious as to whether they wanted us to take notes in haha...or is it just something they want you to just know about...ill make sure im well prepared...got until the 19th march!
    From what I remember, some did and some didn't. It's all pretty vague but don't worry, it's a chilled interview and staff are really friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like the numeracy test is slightly easier than the practices? I have mine tomorrow and getting between 20 and 23, which means I could just scrape it but I'm not very confident! Some others have said they feel real test questions are slightly easier. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Does anyone else feel like the numeracy test is slightly easier than the practices? I have mine tomorrow and getting between 20 and 23, which means I could just scrape it but I'm not very confident! Some others have said they feel real test questions are slightly easier. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found my test easier than the practice ones, but it's really the luck of the draw I think. Some will be easier, some will be harder and the pass mark will be adjusted accordingly I think. I think a lot of it is staying calm in the mental arithmetic section. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    When booking the QTS tests is it normal for it to come up with a price of 19.25 even though it's my first go?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

For those of you that have been to a Derby uni interview, any tips? What was it like? How was the group interview?
    Can you give me an insight please?

I would be more than grateful to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theilluminator)
    Hi everyone,

For those of you that have been to a Derby uni interview, any tips? What was it like? How was the group interview?
    Can you give me an insight please?

I would be more than grateful to you.
    I have an interview there coming up!!!what course is yours for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    When booking the QTS tests is it normal for it to come up with a price of 19.25 even though it's my first go?
    Yeah i think it tells you its free when you get past the bit that says 19.25...i thought the same when i booked mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine was definitely easier than the practice ones i did...aslong as you are used to the question types youll be fine they are all similar types of questions just with different numbers or worded differently...but yeah..personally my actual one was a lot easier than the practice ones

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.