Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Sooo many dupes on this thread...i wonder if nwakame or whatever his name was ever came back..olmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh the black supremacist troll, I do miss him.

I wonder what he'd think of Chelsea getting rid of Lukaku, Ba, Eto'o, Cole, Van Aanholt, Atsu and Victor Moses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Ahh the black supremacist troll, I do miss him.

I wonder what he'd think of Chelsea getting rid of Lukaku, Ba, Eto'o, Cole, Van Aanholt, Atsu and Victor Moses?
    Did get Drogba back in though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi901VIHBzs

ReputationRep:
    Seems like Arsene has basically ruled out buying another striker. He sounded a little cagey on our prospects of adding a few defensive options in his press conference too.

Honestly think if we do sign anyone it will be Manolas and we'll miss out on a holding midfielder and striker again.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli for £16m is an absolute steal!

Can't believe we didn't sign him, Wenger is so so stubborn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junaid95)
    Balotelli for £16m is an absolute steal!

Can't believe we didn't sign him, Wenger is so so stubborn.
    His scoring record throughout his career hasn't been anything to write home about. His contribution to the team as a whole is non-existent. The transfer fees paid for him are declining each time for a reason, it's becoming more and more of a gamble to take him on. He wouldn't be a significant improvement on Giroud, would offer nothing in terms of bring others into play, and his petulance would put us at risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilz300)
    His scoring record throughout his career hasn't been anything to write home about. His contribution to the team as a whole is non-existent. The transfer fees paid for him are declining each time for a reason, it's becoming more and more of a gamble to take him on. He wouldn't be a significant improvement on Giroud, would offer nothing in terms of bring others into play, and his petulance would put us at risk.
    I understand there is a baggage that comes with him but he has the potential to be world class and working with Wenger could have improved his attitude. He is an improvement on Giroud and that is what matters. Even if it didn't quite work out for him, we would still be able to recoup most, if not all, of the fee. He was a risk worth taking for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Could you imagine Balotelli, Ozil, Cazorla and Arteta in the same team?

Absolutely no pressure on the oppostion whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli is not better than giroud

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junaid95)
    I understand there is a baggage that comes with him but he has the potential to be world class and working with Wenger could have improved his attitude. He is an improvement on Giroud and that is what matters. Even if it didn't quite work out for him, we would still be able to recoup most, if not all, of the fee. He was a risk worth taking for sure.
    Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure Giroud will have scored more goals than Balotelli last season? Maybe a similar amount. Balotelli isn't the 25-30 goal striker that would represent an upgrade. True Wenger has worked miracles in the past but that's not what we really need right now is it? We need a guaranteed performer if we're going to go out and spend the money.

Also I'm pretty sure we'd end up making a loss, just like Man City did, and AC Milan are about to. If he were to fail again, no big club would take a punt and the £16m would seem obscene. Bear in mind Liverpool are turning to him only after they couldn't seal the deal for the likes of Loic Remy.

ReputationRep:
    "Since his debut in 2013 no player has scored more Serie A goals than Balotelli (26), and only Sturridge (30) and Suarez (37) have scored more Premier League goals during the same period.". - Squawka Football.

Not significantly better than Giroud? K den. This is without factoring in the fact that he played in a team with barely any creativity and in a league that pride themselves as/on Italian defences.

Also he created more chances than Sturridge with one fewer assist. Hardly nothing.

His transfer fee would have been higher had AC not been under as much pressure to sell from their owners. The manager, players and fans alike wanted him to stay and some players where even in tears- (El Shaarawy).

Ofc to some extent he's a risk, but if teams are paying 12 for Shane Long and 14m for Borini then relatively speaking it's not much of a risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Ofc to some extent he's a risk, but if teams are paying 12 for Shane Long and 14m for Borini then relatively speaking it's not much of a risk.
    haha that really does put the fee into perspective

ReputationRep:
    "Since his debut in 2013 no player has scored more Serie A goals than Balotelli (26), and only Sturridge (30) and Suarez (37) have scored more Premier League goals during the same period.". - Squawka Football.

K den.

Also he created more chances than Sturridge with one fewer assist. Hardly nothing.
    Milan - 43 apps, 26 goals
    Man City - 54 apps, 20 goals

I agree, nice stats, but Serie A is a weak league these days. And yes he will have improved since Man City, but 20 in 54 was hardly anywhere near awe-inspiring? Plus his single assist.

Fair enough, his chance creation appears to have improved. I don't profess to have done any statistical research into his chance creation, I just judge from the games I saw him play last season.

The thing is you can point to players such as Ozil who boast incredible records abroad and yet haven't cut it to the same level in the Premier League. Maybe Balotelli suits the slower pace of Serie A?

Also, I appreciate your condescending reply. Apologies for posting an opinion that you don't agree with.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Wenger will be taking a punt on any more risky signings. He wants established quality. Maybe Wenger doesn't want upset the equilibrium in the squad, our team spirit is good all the ego's have gone. Apparently Song head butted Bould, and regularly went to McDonalds after training.

I said it before Balo is a luxury player right now. Ask Yourself why Milan are selling for such a low fee. Milan are trying to build a better all rounded team. Watch out for Andrea Poli

I'm a fan of Balo, I'm glad he's gone to Liverpool and he's back in the premier league. If Brendan can get him playing consistent football it'll be a managerial masterstoke

ReputationRep:
    Milan - 43 apps, 26 goals
    Man City - 54 apps, 20 goals

I agree, nice stats, but Serie A is a weak league these days. And yes he will have improved since Man City, but 20 in 54 was hardly anywhere near awe-inspiring? Plus his single assist.

Fair enough, his chance creation appears to have improved. I don't profess to have done any statistical research into his chance creation, I just judge from the games I saw him play last season.

The thing is you can point to players such as Ozil who boast incredible records abroad and yet haven't cut it to the same level in the Premier League. Maybe Balotelli suits the slower pace of Serie A?

Also, I appreciate your condescending reply. Apologies for posting an opinion that you don't agree with.
    Are you factoring in the fact that a large percentage of his City appearances where from the bench?

Serie A is a weak league overall but we're still dealing with a league that prides itself on strong defences. If he improved since City then those stats become somewhat irrelevant, especially considering as a lot of his apps where off the bench. Regardless we're not buying the player he was at City, we're buying the one he is now, hopefully he's maturing and realises he won't get chances forever.

Pace was never an issue when he was in the PL, when he was here nobody ever said he didn't have the talent to be successful it was always lack of workrate, mentality and commitment. Rodgers and Steve Peters have improved attitudes and petulance in players before so it's worth a punt on a 24 year old for only 16m.

Worst comes to worse and his attitude doesn't improve, we ship him off in a year or so and get someone else in. He'll be hard pressed getting himself banned more then Suarez was and It's not like we're splashing 70m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Apparently Song head butted Bould, and regularly went to McDonalds after training.
    Them double cheeseburgers though :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Them double cheeseburgers though :coma:
    :lolwut:

McDonalds is trash, KFC all the way.

Balotelli is well worth the punt for only 16m though, and even if he is a flop he'll give us some brilliant moments (and hats).

ReputationRep:
    So Joel upfront on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Balotelli is well worth the punt for only 16m though, and even if he is a flop he'll give us some brilliant moments (and hats).

KFC is as trash if not more than McDonalds. Plus whack overpriced chicken doesn't really tickle my fancy, if I want chicken I'll just go Morleys for wings.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

KFC is probably the most pointless franchise ever.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.