Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard's 'long balls from deep' are awful nowadays. You won't get anywhere near the top 6 unless he (along with a number of other players such as Johnson and Allen) is dropped for good in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Yes, or maybe United getting thrashed, as Arsenal are the greater threat to top 4, and a thrashing would not be good for confidence.
    Yea I think I agree. Arsenal have CL games to add pressure too whereas Man Utd have nothing.

I have a soft spot for Wenger so I wouldn't be upset if they won 8-0

ReputationRep:
    I hope Arsenal smash United today, sure a draw would be the best case scenario but Arsenal are too good to drop out of a top 4 spot.

I'd be interested to see how the team would play without Gerrard starting, sure his long range passing is second to none but the problem is that he can't protect the back 4 and he's not as mobile as he used to be so he's a bit of a passenger nowadays. Bringing him on in the last 15/20 mins as an AM might be worth considering too, I think it was the Newcastle game where Rodgers tried it for a bit and Gerrard was able to burst through the defence and he almost scored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I hope Arsenal smash United today, sure a draw would be the best case scenario but Arsenal are too good to drop out of a top 4 spot.

I'd be interested to see how the team would play without Gerrard starting, sure his long range passing is second to none but the problem is that he can't protect the back 4 and he's not as mobile as he used to be so he's a bit of a passenger nowadays. Bringing him on in the last 15/20 mins as an AM might be worth considering too, I think it was the Newcastle game where Rodgers tried it for a bit and Gerrard was able to burst through the defence and he almost scored.
    LOL. Yeah, he's much better at long range passing than Toni Kroos and Xabi Alonso.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Arsenal.. how soft is that crumble center?

ReputationRep:
    arsenal are such a funny team.
    it's like they don't even want to win games... (says the liverpool fan)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm actually glad I won't be able to watch the match tommorow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal always bottle it against United, they will stomp the small teams as usual and finish above Liverpool and United for me, a win tommorow will take us level on points with them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Arsenal always bottle it against United, they will stomp the small teams as usual and finish above Liverpool and United for me, a win tommorow will take us level on points with them though.
    lets try and stay positive.
    like you said, a win tomorrow puts us level; let's go from there

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'm missing the game tomorrow too :facepalm:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Balotelli at the boxing. So Lambert playing tomorrow then?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    Yup. Neither of us are finishing above them. They'll come 3rd and it's between us two (and maybe Southampton) for 4th.

ReputationRep:
    Love the karma that comes from Brenda having a go at England's training methords wrt to Sturridge's injury. Feel bad that he's been out for so long again but the irony that Liverpool have got him injured twice while he's recovering is too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yup. Neither of us are finishing above them. They'll come 3rd and it's between us two (and maybe Southampton) for 4th.
    Liverpool have less chance of finishing 4th than Swansea or Everton with the way they are playing at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Balotelli at the boxing. So Lambert playing tomorrow then?
    Glad he had to sit through a **** fight.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot Balotelli got injured, he'll come off the bench for Lambert.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If he's in the squad today after going to a boxing match last night, it doesn't say much for Rodgers' man management does it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Redmond reportedly a £10m target.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Gerrard, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert

Subs: Jones, Toure, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Borini, Markovic.

Balotelli out due to groin injury and Henderson ill.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.