Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If City do actually want Wilshere, we might aswell go after Yaya Toure. Guy would be a beast at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Walcott denies having a bust up with the gaffer as his ongoing contract issues still drag on

ReputationRep:
    Schneiderlin looks way better than he actually is because of Wanyama. Would rather him tbh, we need a defensive player who is happy to sit back and still be able to transition defense into offense. Schneiderlin would probably play more like Ramsey, where he has defensive contributions, but he spends more time in their half than ours.

ReputationRep:
    Loooooool

my man wants wanyama

hahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Tbh they're crying out for some physical presence in CDM he wouldn't be that bad a choice until they can find somebody better.

ReputationRep:
    Wanayama is the biggest shower of ****e in the league Ffs, only reason he looks good is because he's tall and black.

We dont need a big presence in midfield, that's an utter myth and we already have Coquelin for that. We need a ball distributor, someone who can slow down play or spread out passes as we struggle to transition from one end to the other when being pressed against.

Standards of the Arsenal fan go down every year, my God.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    No guarantee he'll come to us though. In fact Scheiderlin's pissed me off a bit already last summer by saying he'd prefer to go to spurs. That's if the reports were true of course.
    Nah, thats bull**** imo. Who in their right minds would choose to go to spurs over us :lol:

Besides, he was quoted saying that he'll leave if soton don't get a champions league place. I doubt he would go to spurs, who will not be in the champions league either.

Soton > Spurs

Arsenal it is :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Nah, thats bull**** imo. Who in their right minds would choose to go to spurs over us :lol:

Besides, he was quoted saying that he'll leave if soton don't get a champions league place. I doubt he would go to spurs, who will not be in the champions league either.

Soton > Spurs

Arsenal not guarenteed CL yet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Soton > Spurs

I doubt we were actually in for sncheirderlin. Papers like to make that story up because hes a French international and what with the world cup going on it sounded convincing. If we wanted sncheiderlin no doubt we would have got him. Spurs probably did go for him and it makes sense because he's following his old manager Pochettino.

Anyways Liverpool, even UTD could be in for him this summer. I don't see him in an arsenal shirt next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Schneiderlin looks way better than he actually is because of Wanyama. Would rather him tbh, we need a defensive player who is happy to sit back and still be able to transition defense into offense. Schneiderlin would probably play more like Ramsey, where he has defensive contributions, but he spends more time in their half than ours.
    That is terrible analysis of how Southampton play. Wanayama plays a far more limited and passive role than Schneiderlin in their system. Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Wanyama, and he keeps the ball better, and he makes more key passes, and he makes more passes in a game. Unless you are looking for a pure destroyer, Schneiderlin is the superior player.

(Original post by AR_95)
    even UTD could be in for him this summer.
    I haven't heard anything, and it probably more likely Fellaini's role will be the one we look to replace but Schneiderlin would be brilliant for us. We're going to need a Carrick replacement and Blind doesn't really fit the bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    That is terrible analysis of how Southampton play. Wanayama plays a far more limited and passive role than Schneiderlin in their system. Schneiderlin makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Wanyama, and he keeps the ball better, and he makes more key passes, and he makes more passes in a game. Unless you are looking for a pure destroyer, Schneiderlin is the superior player.

I haven't heard anything, and it probably more likely Fellaini's role will be the one we look to replace but Schneiderlin would be brilliant for us. We're going to need a Carrick replacement and Blind doesn't really fit the bill.
    Yeah I wasn't basing it on paper gossip but more that he'd actually be a good fit for several top sides atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Utd wouldn't go for Schneiderlin/Wanyama :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Utd wouldn't go for Schneiderlin/Wanyama :lol:
    As Fizzel said he'd be a long term Carrick replacement. He's got good vision and a good understanding of the game, positionally very good and his range of passing is also good too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29544/

Guy averages near 4 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, incredible stats. He'd be pricey and in any case we have other priorities right now but I'd take him in a flash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    As Fizzel said he'd be a long term Carrick replacement. He's got good vision and a good understanding of the game, positionally very good and his range of passing is also good too.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/29544/

Guy averages near 4 tackles and 3 interceptions a game, incredible stats. He'd be pricey and in any case we have other priorities right now but I'd take him in a flash.
    You rate him more than Matic?

Isn't he more B2B than a strict DM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Isn't he more B2B than a strict DM?
    There's no such thing as a "strict DM" nowadays, certainly at big teams. We don't need a destroyer anyway, if we're playing with someone like Fellaini who's a physical B2B player we need someone who can transition our play and distribute the ball well, and who has a good reading of the game positionally to split passing lanes/nullify attacks. Carrick does all of this but he's getting on a bit. Schneiders does all of this too.

ReputationRep:
    Khedira confirms he's leaving Madrid upon his contract expiry in the Summer, he's been linked with Arsenal, Bayern Munich & Schalke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Khedira confirms he's leaving Madrid upon his contract expiry in the Summer, he's been linked with Arsenal, Bayern Munich & Schalke
    Some reports suggest that he's signed a deal with a german team already.

Would be a shame if he goes to Schalke

ReputationRep:
    There are reports that Cavani may be available for 22m. These are fake stories right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Swear to god, this better happen. He will improve our team dramatically.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...four-bid-fails

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree big time!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Al94 and pronoob dupes or just 12 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.