Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suniva)
    @PQ

Does anyone know if grades will have been sent to insurance choices by now or does that happen on wednesday
    Thanks
    all unis you applied to got told your grades Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    If you don't get it - reapply. It's better to wait a year than cry for the next 3/4 years lol (don't want to go to my insurance). I'll be reapplying to Oxford myself if I have missed my offer.
    Can I ask what the point is in reapplying. Unless you resit, how does it make a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So edexcel is midnight, AQA is 8am when is OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudamh)
    Can I ask what the point is in reapplying. Unless you resit, how does it make a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was wondering that as well. If you miss the grades reapplying to the same university is kinda ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since AS Results Day is on a Thursday, I think my results will be bad. Trust me, whenever something bad will happen to me in the week, it will almost always happen on a Thursday.

Damn, I've failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    Since AS Results Day is on a Thursday, I think my results will be bad. Trust me, whenever something bad will happen to me in the week, it will almost always happen on a Thursday.

Damn, I've failed.
    Ummmm you know all results days ever will be on a Thursday...

Damn, I've failed.
    I don't know what it is about Thursday's but they really do seem to suck.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    Edexcel C4 was 69 for an A (72 for an A*) in January 2011. I think that paper was easier than ours though. I hope they aren't that high (need that A*)
    I think it will be 70 for an A* in C4 and 66 in C3 but I'm no pro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm you know all results days ever will be on a Thursday...
    Exactly, and I've always found them to lower than my predicted results, even though I didn't revise any less than in Spring Term.

ReputationRep:

Damn, I've failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    So edexcel is midnight, AQA is 8am when is OCR
    Their Twitter account is reporting 08:00 at the latest. Could be earlier than that, apparently they were released at 01:00 last year but I can't confirm that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mliela)
    I was wondering that as well. If you miss the grades reapplying to the same university is kinda ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: at the instant reps from the hootoo crew (you know who you are :yes: )

hootoo
    hootoo = h2g2 = hhgttg = hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting any of these UCAS emails I feel left out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I am curious here - who here is considering taking a gap year rather than go into clearing if results dont go to plan. It looks like the latter is the most popular option here althugh I feel its better to take a year out and then reapply to a uni you want to go rather than choosing a uni at quick notice (and the majority of times you wont have seen it before) and regetting it for 3/4 years?
    On top of the fact that I can't find a university in clearing I like, I'll just take a year out, work a bit, and re-apply, maybe retaking a subject too. I just don't want to push myself when I'm not sure what's on the other side.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been having panic attacks thinking about Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.
    I agree with you - the likelihood is you will get in a year later anyway. If you think 8 in 11 days is bad, try having all 5 A2 exams in the space of three days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    anyone else going to be glued on this website come midnight-8?

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce
    I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?...

ReputationRep:
    So will Edexcel results be released 6 am on the 18th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?...
    You could have a B at AS and get an A* by getting 90% averaged across both A2 units. If your ums adds up to 360 out of 400

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.