Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPAG)
    What ? When ? How ?

Thanks.
    Sorry of this caused any confusion or hope
    i did BTECs so I am not waiting any results (which the uni don't know). I still have to go and collect my results though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    Doesn't feel like it when taking OCR Biology or Chemistry
    OCR chemistry has some insanely high boundaries; at my school everyone who took Chem in Jan came out of the exam saying they smashed it, easy A etc... but only 3 people in the year ended up with an A.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    lmfao Ali G cracks me up

Watch this one : 'Who wants to win an ounce'

honestly, it cracked me up for ages :rofl:

'now everyone knows that buying drugs is illegal, but if you win them, then that's alrighttt then initttt' :rofl2:

He says that right at the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Aha yeah, what is with Oxbridge and their pompous course names? Which college is it that you have an offer from?
    Cambridge's language course is Modern and Medieval Languages, even though the course doesn't automatically include medieval language work, so silly aha!

ReputationRep:
    So glad my sixth forms decided to let us get our results at 8am on thurs couldn't wait a moment later so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meowcake)
    has results day always been this early? (15th)? pretty sure i recall it being later usually. (please answer me somebody lol)
    I think it's always the third Thursday in August. So the 15th is the earliest it can be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoholic_x)
    Aha yeah, what is with Oxbridge and their pompous course names? Which college is it that you have an offer from?
    I know! Well Bristol calls their course Experimental Psychology too, but still. New College (it's so beautiful :eek:). You - not that I know anything about Cambridge? How are you feeling about results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meowcake)
    true comedy gold...really.
    get out of 2008.
    I liek mudkipz

ReputationRep:
    I'm at the stage where i can recite how many UMS i have, how many i need, and what i think is a reasonable range to expect to get this summer in all 3 subject - that's how much i've been thinking about my exams this summer. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephaniechamb)
    I tried to write to time so that I got the details and the links in but so that I didn't babble and waste time overwriting, hopefully it worked! Good luck for your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GOOD luck to you too------I feel i might have said everything needed for each question but not focused on the techniques such as good links and strong synoptic links
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Good god C3 boundaries are low!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    I'm at the stage where i can recite how many UMS i have, how many i need, and what i think is a reasonable range to expect to get this summer in all 3 subject - that's how much i've been thinking about my exams this summer. :sigh:
    Hah so true ^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    It's the least challenging out of the lot, but still is a hard course.

In other words, if you took Edexcel or AQA, you will be stretched alot more by the content and exam questions.
    How do you figure that? Any proof?
    (I take edexcel by the way, just curious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleanorSusan)
    Anyone else waiting for OCR English Literature and AQA sociology?
    Me! I'm so nervous

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if copies of the papers we sat will be released tomorrow, already released or will be released later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    For Chemistry, OCR is the least challenging out of Edexcel, AQA, OCR.... but still is a hard course ofc all A-levels are. The same goes for Biology.

I don't understand why some exam boards are harder than others surely it's unfair if people have to do exams with the 'harder' exam boards

ReputationRep:
    Ocr B salters F335 anyone ? Hoping for 72-76 for a B ... Anymore I'm doomed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pseudonymegg)
    if all goes wrong Attachment 237604
    This. Though my dancing is terrible so I'm still ****ed...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Good god C3 boundaries are low!!
    how do u know?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby2)
    I don't understand why some exam boards are harder than others surely it's unfair if people have to do exams with the 'harder' exam boards
    They scale results up and down depending on the difficulty of the exam. I think every year top 20% get A top 10% get A* and so on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.