Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos10000)
    Is Corbyn a busted flush?
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I was shocked myself. I admire Corbyn a great, great deal - and will be voting labout if there's a Corbyn led government or someone similar.
    "Labour's 'Mayor' savages Corbyn: Party star Khan damns leader over anti-Semitism"
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3vXYjYchf
    That's from September and is media sensationalism.

ReputationRep:
    I was shocked myself. I admire Corbyn a great, great deal - and will be voting labout if there's a Corbyn led government or someone similar.
    "Labour's 'Mayor' savages Corbyn: Party star Khan damns leader over anti-Semitism"
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3vXYjYchf
    If you use the DM as your source we'll get about a billion queries on Corbyn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by United1892)
    No
    Probably worth saying that Miliband was polling on par at this point with the Tories. Right now they've lost no ground since the election.

Alas, I agree that we should wait until May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    If you use the DM as your source we'll get about a billion queries on Corbyn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which says a lot about sadiq Khan going onto the daily mail - which is corbyn bashing itself surely ? Read some of the things he tells them, directly or slyly.

As Corbyn says, don't fight him- fight the tories.

With the number of U turns Sadiq Khan has made, he lacks principle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Probably worth saying that Miliband was polling on par at this point with the Tories. Right now they've lost no ground since the election.

Alas, I agree that we should wait until May.
    The tories are slightly up and we are somewhere similar to before so there's nothing drastically bad happened.

ReputationRep:
    Which says a lot about sadiq Khan going onto the daily mail - which is corbyn bashing itself surely ? Read some of the things he tells them, directly or slyly.

To me it appears more to be a report of a seperate interview rather than one with the mail. As said before it's from September.

Also you can't talk about principle when your idol Galloway the "trade unionist" shook hands and got money from Hussein.

ReputationRep:

But he doesn't talk to the Mail or actually criticise Corbyn. He just thinks that leaders should sing the national anthem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

U turns are not unique to Sadiq Khan or Labour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    But he doesn't talk to the Mail or actually criticise Corbyn. He just thinks that leaders should sing the national anthem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you read the newspaper article ?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adam9317)
    What is the Labour parties reaction to the defection of Kit and Aph.

Now, obviously a coalition requires co-operation from both parties. Are the new members within the Liberals going to effect the Labour parties actions or thoughts, or can we see any difference in the moral/ mood of the Labour party towards their coalition?
    Not within 24 hours, no. It was a massive shock, but they (well, the member that needs one) will be given a clean slate.

ReputationRep:
    Did you read the newspaper article ?
    The question is did you?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Katty3 will be proxying the absent tmpearce99 until further notice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Katty3 will be proxying the absent tmpearce99 until further notice.
    Thanks, I have amended the usergroup.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to join the Labour party on here as an MP, is there a procedure to do this?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    I would like to join the Labour party on here as an MP, is there a procedure to do this?
    You can apply to join the TSR Labour Party here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups
    Once you've done so you simply wait for an MP seat to become vacant and stand for internal election to fill it.

Non-MP members can still debate and participate in the MHoC as MPs do (and stand and vote in all internal party elections), but they cannot vote in the division lobby to determine whether a bill or motion passes.

The current leader of the TSR Labour Party is Saracen's Fez. The Deputy Leader is United1892 and Saoirse:3 is our party Chair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    You can apply to join the TSR Labour Party here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups
    Once you've done so you simply wait for an MP seat to become vacant and stand for internal election to fill it.

Non-MP members can still debate and participate in the MHoC as MPs do (and stand and vote in all internal party elections), but they cannot vote in the division lobby to determine whether a bill or motion passes.

The current leader of the TSR Labour Party is Saracen's Fez. The Deputy Leader is United1892 and Saoirse:3 is our party Chair.
    Thanks for the help!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks for the help!
    No problem mate, I hope to see you in the party sub-forum soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    No problem mate, I hope to see you in the party sub-forum soon.
    Thanks, Im a member of the Labour part in real life so I thought it would be nice to talk to people with similar interests.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thanks, Im a member of the Labour part in real life so I thought it would be nice to talk to people with similar interests.
    Hi!

I can confirm I've seen your request and have begun to process it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.