Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Mine was definitely easier than the practice ones i did...aslong as you are used to the question types youll be fine they are all similar types of questions just with different numbers or worded differently...but yeah..personally my actual one was a lot easier than the practice ones
    Thank you! I have rescheduled a few times now so just need to go for it. I have put a lot of effort in but seem to be making silly mistakes! We'll see, thanks again xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have an interview for Swindon SCITT to do Secondary English teaching, I'm having trouble finding relevant recent issues in education. So much stuff comes up. So far I'm going to talk about the pressures teachers are facing with the new inspection regime.
    Does anyone have any info on the IGCSE, and also any other news that could help me out?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theilluminator)
    Hi everyone,

For those of you that have been to a Derby uni interview, any tips? What was it like? How was the group interview?
    Can you give me an insight please?

I would be more than grateful to you.
    I had a primary interview there. Don't worry, it is a really chilled day. We started off in a big group and then split into smaller ones for discussion and individual interviews. Make sure you have prepared and read up on anything they've told you. Mainly, though, just be yourself and try and relax. The staff there are really friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Thank you! I have rescheduled a few times now so just need to go for it. I have put a lot of effort in but seem to be making silly mistakes! We'll see, thanks again xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aslong as you have done the practice tests...the questions wont be any different to them and cos you have no distractions in the test..you have full concentration which removed the silly mistakes i was making when practising good luck!!x

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone..
    Quick question,.. I accepted my conditional offer last week but haven't heard anything back?? Is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cld1989)
    Hi everyone..
    Quick question,.. I accepted my conditional offer last week but haven't heard anything back?? Is this normal?
    Yes I firmed my offer back in January and haven't heard anything. I think a lot of them wait until they've filled all their places

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone heard back from Comberton Village College regarding interviews last Thursday 27th Feb?

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone had and offer from CTSN for Art and Design secondary?

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in saying that you need to get 18 out of 28 to pass the numeracy test? I have worked that out at 63% pass rate. Please someone let me know! I have been aiming to get 21 to pass but a part of me thinks that may be the English pass rate?! Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I somehow can't find my Ucas welcome letter for the skills test on thursday. Do you think that i can use the Ucas letter with the offers i have received instead? I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to check anyway. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ndy888)
    I somehow can't find my Ucas welcome letter for the skills test on thursday. Do you think that i can use the Ucas letter with the offers i have received instead? I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to check anyway. thanks
    Yeah, that will work I just showed them the email on my phone from UTT saying something had changed on my application and that was fine

ReputationRep:
    Ok great! thanks for the fast response.

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in saying that you need to get 18 out of 28 to pass the numeracy test? I have worked that out at 63% pass rate. Please someone let me know! I have been aiming to get 21 to pass but a part of me thinks that may be the English pass rate?! Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's right both are 63% as far as I'm aware, although I think I read somewhere that the pass mark for numeracy can vary slightly depending on the difficulty of the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Totoro_)
    Yeah that's right both are 63% as far as I'm aware, although I think I read somewhere that the pass mark for numeracy can vary slightly depending on the difficulty of the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see! Thank you for getting back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel like the numeracy test is slightly easier than the practices? I have mine tomorrow and getting between 20 and 23, which means I could just scrape it but I'm not very confident! Some others have said they feel real test questions are slightly easier. Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best of luck with your test! xx

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi just wanted to say hope your test went well today :-) x

ReputationRep:
    After being offered interviews by all three of my choices, I've decided to withdraw from the PGCE process. After taking four years to complete my degree, I think to be in the best mind frame for starting a career in teaching, I need a break.

I've decided to take a year out once I finish university in a few months and go travelling, as well as get some more experience within a school environment, and hopefully come back next year with a better prospective of what I'm getting myself into, and hopefully more experiences to take into the classroom.

All the best with the PGCE process everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlankTen)
    After being offered interviews by all three of my choices, I've decided to withdraw from the PGCE process. After taking four years to complete my degree, I think to be in the best mind frame for starting a career in teaching, I need a break.

I've decided to take a year out once I finish university in a few months and go travelling, as well as get some more experience within a school environment, and hopefully come back next year with a better prospective of what I'm getting myself into, and hopefully more experiences to take into the classroom.

All the best with the PGCE process everyone.
    Good luck for the future! I think this sounds like a well thought out decision, and one which you can explain well to future interviewers and shows you have the maturity to look before you leap!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Hi just wanted to say hope your test went well today :-) x
    Awww your so cute thank you! I passed! SUCH a relief! I can now enjoy my 6 months off before the craziness starts in September! Thank you to everyone for your help! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Best of luck with your test! xx
    Thank you Amy, I passed it so really relieved! Have you accepted a place yet? Are you coming to St. Mary's or did you decide on somewhere else? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.