Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    We're probably the best tbh. Our turnover is incredible. You guys are in an strong position as well though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah you haven't spent a huge amount in the last 3 years either so are probably better placed than us. Both clubs are bloody loaded in terms of FFP though. Reckon our combined finances could buy out a few other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Yeah you haven't spent a huge amount in the last 3 years either so are probably better placed than us. Both clubs are bloody loaded in terms of FFP though. Reckon our combined finances could buy out a few other clubs.
    Yeah probably 2 biggest grounds in the country sold out every week, international fan bases and loads of sponsors, even down to things like noodle sponsors!

You guys are in the better position though- no squad overhaul needed, a settled competent manager and CL football so probably a more attractive proposition for players at this moment in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Winning the cup doesn't change that fact that people still want Wenger out. They can be happy for him to win but can still think it's time to depart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which "people"? To say it's most is *******s...

I only ever wanted him out when we lost to Bradford, but even then getting 4th place that season over Spurs made up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Yeah probably 2 biggest grounds in the country sold out every week, international fan bases and loads of sponsors, even down to things like noodle sponsors!

You guys are in the better position though- no squad overhaul needed, a settled competent manager and CL football so probably a more attractive proposition for players at this moment in time.
    I reckon we could buy Spurs in a few years at our current rate of turnover.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We're one of the (if not the) best placed clubs in world football in terms of FFP, think we can spend around 150m without it affecting our position.
    True. But even though City got punished from that they and Chelsea or PSG in France or whoever would find loopholes around it, so it won't be 100% effective.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon we could buy Spurs in a few years at our current rate of turnover.

:rofl:
    Spurs man :lol: they are actually a complete joke, I absolutely love their meltdowns so I can't imagine how you guys must feel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    Which "people"? To say it's most is *******s...

I only ever wanted him out when we lost to Bradford, but even then getting 4th place that season over Spurs made up for it.
    Don't believe I said 'most' be anyway.

Those who want him out for the previous seasons are still here, the WOBs have been steadily growing, but many seem to have jumped ship after the Cup win as if that has miraculously made things better (Which is hasn't) Sadly the majority still want him in the job.

By all means be happy with 4th, but 4th shouldn't be the measure of success, that is failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Spurs man :lol: they are actually a complete joke, I absolutely love their meltdowns so I can't imagine how you guys must feel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The fact that - however bad we may be doing - spurs are always doing worse is just hysterical frankly.

ReputationRep:

Those who want him out for the previous seasons are still here, the WOBs have been steadily growing, but many seem to have jumped ship after the Cup win as if that has miraculously made things better (Which is hasn't) Sadly the majority still want him in the job.

By all means be happy with 4th, but 4th shouldn't be the measure of success, that is failure.
    4th isn't failure, below 4th is. 4th is bare minimum required, a C grade if you will.

ReputationRep:

The best we could we do with the current team is top four and a trophy. This is what we got.

We should be doing a lot more, but then as it stands with our squad quality we did the best we can for now. I'd have taken 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlisomes)
    The best we could we do with the current team is top four and a trophy. This is what we got.

We should be doing a lot more, but then as it stands with our squad quality we did the best we can for now. I'd have taken 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the season.
    So would have I, most gooners would but it's now about progression, we have to push on and really challenge and not doing so, would be negligence of the highest order from AW & the Board.

ReputationRep:
    So would have I, most gooners would but it's now about progression, we have to push on and really challenge and not doing so, would be negligence of the highest order from AW & the Board.
    Hi Pegs darling

Been to any AKB parties lately?

I told you all so long ago :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

All claims about Ozil's lack of big game performances are justified. (not that they weren't justified before on this season's evidence).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blame Game)
    Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

All claims about Ozil's lack of big game performances are justified. (not that they weren't justified before on this season's evidence).
    Not like they signed the worlds most expensive player or got rid of a toxic manager for one who is both exceptional and gets on well with people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ozil leaves Madrid...

Madrid win CL

Oh so Real Madrid's win stems down to the sale of Ozil?

So, if we sell Ozil, we'll win the premier league next season? Maybe Champions league too?

Damn. Must get on the phone to Wenger.

You clown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    Not like they signed the worlds most expensive player or got rid of a toxic manager for one who is both exceptional and gets on well with people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What changed from this season to last:

a) a manager with 2 CLs left, and a manager with 2 CLs came in
    b) Ozil left, Bale took his place in the team

That's all facts, and pretty simple ones. Ozil being sold undoubtedly helped Madrid.

(Original post by SHOO)

So, if we sell Ozil, we'll win the premier league next season? Maybe Champions league too?

You clown
    No, stop being a moron. Arsenal will never win anything meaningful under Wenger.

Although it would probably help if you didn't have Ozil around, every big game this season he's been completely absent.

ReputationRep:
    What changed from this season to last:

a) a manager with 2 CLs left, and a manager with 2 CLs came in
    b) Ozil left, Bale took his place in the team

That's all facts, and pretty simple ones. Ozil being sold undoubtedly helped Madrid.

No, stop being a moron. Arsenal will never win anything meaningful under Wenger.

Although it would probably help if you didn't have Ozil around, every big game this season he's been completely absent.
    I think you'll find Ozil's absense extends to the smaller games too.. And it mainly occurred during a time his form seriously dipped. Remember him at the start of the season? Remember vs Napoli & Dourtmond? Only an idiot would classify those two games as small games and I'm sure he turned up. Think back to World Cup 2010, his smashing goal- did he turn up or nah?
    He usually assists or scores the crucial goals for Germany. He had the highest number or assists in Europe.

Bale did not replace him, bale replaced Di Maria's initally position. Isco took over from ozil and only because of Di Maria's stunning form, isco doesn't get all the starts.

Ozil was sold because real had a lot of players who can accommodate for him (Modric, Isco, Di Maria).. And Bales purchase was more of the reason why Ozil left. They needed cash, Wenger saw this and siezed the opportunity.

Ozils stats this season were good, and it's only the start. You wait until he settles in- then you're team and the rest will be truely pissed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I think you'll find Ozil's absense extends to the smaller games too.. And it mainly occurred during a time his form seriously dipped. Remember him at the start of the season? Remember vs Napoli & Dourtmond? Only an idiot would classify those two games as small games and I'm sure he turned up. Think back to World Cup 2010, his smashing goal- did he turn up or nah?
    He usually assists or scores the crucial goals for Germany. He had the highest number or assists in Europe.

Bale did not replace him, bale replaced Di Maria's initally position. Isco took over from ozil and only because of Di Maria's stunning form, isco doesn't get all the starts.

Ozil was sold because real had a lot of players who can accommodate for him (Modric, Isco, Di Maria).. And Bales purchase was more of the reason why Ozil left. They needed cash, Wenger saw this and siezed the opportunity.

Ozils stats this season were good, and it's only the start. You wait until he settles in- then you're team and the rest will be truely pissed
    last season;

alonso modric
    ozil
    di maria benzema ronaldo

this season

alonso modric
    di maria
    bale benzema ronaldo

:confused:

dunno what's so hard to comprehend.

Ozil is a failure in big games. He was for Madrid, and that's why they offloaded him, and he is at Arsenal too.

ReputationRep:
    I think people underestimate the amount of people that want Arsene out. I've been one of his biggest apologist on here but, after what happened last summer and event that transpired in the big games away this season, I find myself wanting him out. The guy modus operandi belongs to another era and the lack of tactical flexibility is just way hard to take any more.

No one out there to replace him? Well that's just narrow minded bullcrap. It's same as the opinion that Bony isn't good enough. There might not be an obvious available big name out there but if the club do their background work; apply a strenuous recruitment process, it won't be too difficult to sieve out a decent candidate. Look at the good work Rogers has done at Liverpool.

De Boer was a nobody 4 years ago. Morinho was a nobody a few years before Chelsea hired him. Who knew of Klopp before BVB won the league? Simeone? Guardiola?

Remember Arsene Who?

Some people might be sacred that we might do a United and hire an incompetent fool like Moyes but totally different situation and The chosen one was an egotistical hiring and we won't apply such a flawed system.

I was initially thinking Martinez but I've actually gone lukewarm over him. Remi Garde is available and many have touted him hire to Arsene. People have been raving about the work of Steve Bould these last 2 years, why not give him a go? Him and Martin Keown would do wonders.

(Original post by SHOO)

You clown
    You do know that's the person you ask people to ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Stop taking the bait FFS

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.