Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from government legal service?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    My rejection was sent last Monday from [email protected]aps search through your emails?

ReputationRep:
    Hey T.O, how long did it take to hear back from your interview for gibson dunn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.o)
    Thank you very much!!

I absolutely loved the firm - everyone was really friendly and welcoming and that made the interview immediately relaxing. I would say they are both conservative and nice in the sense that the interview questions were probing but it was done so in a relaxed setting. The associate and partner were really friendly and smiley and there were a few jokes throughout the interview.

Interview was split into two sections - first part I was given an article and given 15 mins to read it and take notes. Then I had to answer some questions on it mainly about the argument that was being put forward. Second part was competency based - why GB, why law etc. All in all it lasted roughly 45 mins long

Guessing you have an interview with them too?? Best of luck!!!

Sorry didn't hit reply before so wasn't sure if you would get a notification, when was your interview for gibson and how long did it take to hear ?

ReputationRep:
    Have you still not heard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim2222)
    Have you still not heard?
    Nope nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, any chance on some insight in the the vacation scheme for squire patton boggs?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.. so I just got my first year results and I'm extremely disappointed with myself and know that there's not really much chance of me getting a vacation scheme for next year.

Grades:
    Law of Torts- 61%
    Public Law- 58%
    Criminal Law- 58%
    Contract- 58%

I know. They're bad. My coursework was all of 2:1 (65%) standard but my exams have seriously effected my overall score and I'm very upset with myself.

What are my options??

(Side point: I have attended 4 law firm open days, I have a weeks work experience with DLA Piper coming up, possibly work experience with BT's legal team, work experience at a solicitors firm, part of Pathways to Law programme, I've had a full time job as a sales assistant coming up to 2 years, ABB at A level, extra curricular = netball team, representee for a society etc)

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    Still awaiting the results of my interview and the scheme starts in less than 4 weeks!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on June 11th and am still waiting to hear... Sent them a chaser email yesterday and they said they would get back to me in a day, they still haven't

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has been to a Berwin Leighton Paisner assessment centre, is there an interview on the day or do the interviews take place at a later date?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone already been on taylor vinters vacation scheme? How have you found it?

ReputationRep:
    When it says a vacation scheme is open to penultimate year law students and LAW GRADUATES does that mean a 3rd year law student can apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLittleMissyx)
    When it says a vacation scheme is open to penultimate year law students and LAW GRADUATES does that mean a 3rd year law student can apply?
    I'm pretty certain the answer to your question is yes.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone head successfully from government legal service????!

I haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone head successfully from government legal service????!

I haven't heard anything
    Some people have had rejections but I haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dierks)
    I'm pretty certain the answer to your question is yes.
    Thanks and thank you for the DM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hobes91)
    Some people have had rejections but I haven't heard anything
    Yeah I saw some people have had rejections... Just strange we still haven't heard?! I emailed them yesterday asking when I would hear but still haven't had a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Hey.. so I just got my first year results and I'm extremely disappointed with myself and know that there's not really much chance of me getting a vacation scheme for next year.

Grades:
    Law of Torts- 61%
    Public Law- 58%
    Criminal Law- 58%
    Contract- 58%

I know. They're bad. My coursework was all of 2:1 (65%) standard but my exams have seriously effected my overall score and I'm very upset with myself.

What are my options??

(Side point: I have attended 4 law firm open days, I have a weeks work experience with DLA Piper coming up, possibly work experience with BT's legal team, work experience at a solicitors firm, part of Pathways to Law programme, I've had a full time job as a sales assistant coming up to 2 years, ABB at A level, extra curricular = netball team, representee for a society etc)

Thank you in advance
    There are two ways you can look at this.

1) you could sit around and complain...though this will achieve nothing and you'll be no better off.

2) you could reflect on why it is that your grades were not as good as you seem to have expected. Make a resolution to do better next year. Even if you choose not to apply to vac schemes next year (I think that would be a poor decision personally. You should email/call grad recruitment teams to see if it's worth you trying), you could always do so in your third with - hopefully- stronger results.

All is not lost. But learn from this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw some people have had rejections... Just strange we still haven't heard?! I emailed them yesterday asking when I would hear but still haven't had a reply!
    I've emailed too and no reply. Very annoying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.