Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sense00)
    They say it's casual but then again it'll feels as though they'd be judging us based on our clothes, too!

I'd definitely wear something formal-casual, at least a presentable shirt and maybe a jacket. I don't really want to take any chances wearing jeans and a T-shirt, no matter how much they say 'wear what you want'.
    They are not going to judge you based on your clothes. Or else everyone will be going in tuxedos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishBean)
    I know the feeling, I've actually been to university for a year, and am now taking a year out and applying for what I should've back then
    That is almost literally my situation - I typed out more specific details of my situation a couple of posts back from this one if you want to compare

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Law at Balliol! I originally applied for Worcester however...
    Am I likely to get an offer from Worcester if that's the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    That is almost literally my situation - I typed out more specific details of my situation a couple of posts back from this one if you want to compare
    Not too far off mine! Except I spent a year doing Astrophysics at UCL and am now applying for biology Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    received an interview invitation for law from mansfield. so happy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
    Allocation is assigned randomly, I think by the time of submission or something. When each college usually considers x applicants per year, all the applicants after number x gets moved to other colleges. Allocation is not based on how good you are because you are allocated before they read your file.
    How can they know to re-allocate you for interview if they don't look at your file?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishBean)
    Not too far off mine! Except I spent a year doing Astrophysics at UCL and am now applying for biology Where else have you applied?
    Amazing for getting in to do what you did first time though, congrats! Durham and York have already offered unconditional places (which is a huge relief - Durham and Oxford are my joint-first-choice unis) and then Oxford and UCL are taking their sweet time getting back to me :') how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrigold)
    Just got an invitation for interview for Computer Science at Oriel! I'm so surprised!!!
    congrats! you're probably the first applicant to have heard from cs! may i know your stats please?

I've applied to St Anne's for Maths and Compsci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    How can they know to re-allocate you for interview if they don't look at your file?
    They reallocate you before looking in some cases, I think. Your "new" college decides whether to invite you.

ReputationRep:
    Why does the Cambridge part have so many more posts ... even tho we have more applicants.
    Because we're better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    Amazing for getting in to do what you did first time though, congrats! Durham and York have already offered unconditional places (which is a huge relief - Durham and Oxford are my joint-first-choice unis) and then Oxford and UCL are taking their sweet time getting back to me :' how about you?
    Well done! I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Bristol, interview at Ox and waiting on UEA and Durham. UEA is probably my second choice although Durham looks very nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Because we're better.
    at spamming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    It said in my email 'You will be invited to interview at Oxford'....
    However, each college;s invitation email is different.

ReputationRep:
    However, each college;s invitation email is different.
    True, mine just had "interview invitation" in the subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    Because we're better.
    Init much better. Hence we have to interview so many people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They are not going to judge you based on your clothes. Or else everyone will be going in tuxedos.
    Quite true - but still it does seem more reasonable to present yourself well than to not.

ReputationRep:
    Any Econ Management shortlisted yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhabib3)
    Any Econ Management shortlisted yet?
    TSA people are still waiting it seems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleZ)
    TSA people are still waiting it seems
    Past threads seem to suggest that anyone who had to take the TSA can probably expect an invite in the latter-half of next week (PPE applicant here). How did you think your TSA went? ( nhabib3 )
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I GOT AN INTERVIEW! WOO!

They want me for four days though, what could that possibly mean?!?!?!?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.