Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Presumably you've just watched the John Oliver clip?
    Indeed.
    He exposes how it was an outright lie.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Nigel Farage's £55 million a day claim most likely, which comes from the ONS Pink Book. The ONS themselves have already said that the use of this figure is wrong.
    I hope in future they criticise the use of gross tax rates then
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    watching camerons question time atm, hes absolutely raping it
    I'm not up to date with all this hip modern lingo, but he bottled most of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I'm not up to date with all this hip modern lingo, but he bottled most of it.
    How?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How?
    He got mad when compared to chamerblain, he couldn't even mange to say "Yes, I would veto Turkish entry" so obviously he got slaughtered there afterwards and he couldn't even rouse the support of those on his side half the time

ReputationRep:
    He got mad when compared to chamerblain, he couldn't even mange to say "Yes, I would veto Turkish entry" so obviously he got slaughtered there afterwards and he couldn't even rouse the support of those on his side half the time
    literally just on that bit, but tbh it seems a stupid comparison to me

edit: just saw the answer, it was a good one?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    literally just on that bit, but tbh it seems a stupid comparison to me

edit: just saw the answer, it was a good one?
    It's hardly that unfair a comparison, he has come back from the European empire with a promise that they will/won't do something and nothing more

ReputationRep:
    trade deals is the clincher for why im remain, we have a terrible hand if we leave

ReputationRep:
    It's hardly that unfair a comparison, he has come back from the European empire with a promise that they will/won't do something and nothing more
    They won't go back on their word, they really want us to remain. They have no reason to risk provoking another referendum.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    by using a calculator?
    The original sum you've used for calculations, and mentioned before, isn't that accurate to start with.

ReputationRep:
    now im watching goves one
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    The original sum you've used for calculations, and mentioned before, isn't that accurate to start with.
    So you're telling me that the ONS is lying?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They won't go back on their word, they really want us to remain. They have no reason to risk provoking another referendum.
    There are plenty of ways they can hold it up, or get rid of it early without provoking our wrath

ReputationRep:
    watching camerons question time atm, hes absolutely raping it
    Slightly disturbing how you seem to think that 'raping' is a positive word.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Slightly disturbing how you seem to think that 'raping' is a positive word.....
    Youre being very liberal with the word "slightly"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    The EU dabate today was interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching question time from 09/06/2016, a complete and utter mess, wow!

Everyone was totally out of place! I found it ironic how Mrs Pearson told the men to shut up essentially, double-standards there.

Other than that winding me up the wrong way, the guy with the idea of the australian poins system is a good call. However i've only watched half of it, so let's see what wisdom will come from these highly respected people in the next half hour....

Best regards
    Francis!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Francis Urquhart)
    Currently watching question time from 09/06/2016, a complete and utter mess, wow!

Everyone was totally out of place! I found it ironic how Mrs Pearson told the men to shut up essentially, double-standards there.

Other than that winding me up the wrong way, the guy with the idea of the australian poins system is a good call. However i've only watched half of it, so let's see what wisdom will come from these highly respected people in the next half hour....

Best regards
    Francis!
    That's the one with Izzard making a fool of himself (not that he knows how to do anything else when it comes to politics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    53-47 poll just published, BUT it has a 4 week survey period so is probably useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's the one with Izzard making a fool of himself (not that he knows how to do anything else when it comes to politics)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah Izzard made a complete fool of themselves, just trying to self-publicise during the whole thing holy smokes.

Dimbleby's best line was at Grayling 'I know you're not meant to be doing blue-on-blue but in regards to Cameron.....' Haha that bit was pretty good.

Poor Grayling was getting wrecked by almost anyone. It was like bash Grayling night.

Best regards
    Francis.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.