Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    I agree with you - the likelihood is you will get in a year later anyway. If you think 8 in 11 days is bad, try having all 5 A2 exams in the space of three days
    Bless you haha! It was so depressing seeing my timetable : 6,9,9,10,10,14,14,15๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ (10days - my bad haha)

ReputationRep:
    What do you do if you haven't made a UCAS application because you were going to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and see a course you like in clearing....?
    Is it too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FishCakeSoup)
    Has anyone else been having panic attacks thinking about Thursday?
    panic attack is an understatement!

ReputationRep:
    325 mins till i have a better idea of my fate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Who did the AQA M1 exam? I am annoyed a at the 10 marker they put at the end of the exam. Didn't lose all the marks on the question but still
    Same got about 5 marks on that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    325 mins till i have a better idea of my fate...
    5 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    What do you do if you haven't made a UCAS application because you were going to take a gap year but you've changed your mind and see a course you like in clearing....?
    Is it too late?
    It is not too late. Your careers person will be able to help on Thursday. *

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late?
    no, call them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Of course you'd have to resit the papers - though I don't get how it is "ridiculous" if it is your dream uni? I worked extremely hard for my Oxford offer though along with the fact that I had 8 exams across 11 days (a lot of clashes) I could not focus and I made a lot of mistakes. It is a risk reapplying to Oxbridge because it can go wrong on so many levels yet I think it's worth it. I'd rather go there than some random uni chosen under pressure.
    I've met a lot of people in a similar situation as you. Sometimes one has to realise that Oxbridge is not the be all and end all. What if you don't get in next year? You may end up wasting your own time. But good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    You could have a B at AS and get an A* by getting 90% averaged across both A2 units. If your ums adds up to 360 out of 400
    Yeah thank you I thought the same for the first part too. But do we have to get an overall of 360, or just 320 out of 400 is enough because it is stated that only an A overall (i.e. 80% UMS which is 320/400) is needed (along with the 90% avg at A2) for an A*??...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    Bless you haha! It was so depressing seeing my timetable : 6,9,9,10,10,14,14,15๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ (10days - my bad haha)
    Ikr - I looked at my timetable and I was like you have got to be kidding, I had to rush straight from one exam to the other, but tbh some were a lot worse off. One of my friends had 19 exams (including resits), so I'm not complaining!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    Yeah thank you I thought the same for the first part too. But do we have to get an overall of 360, or just 320 out of 400 is enough because it is stated that only an A overall (i.e. 80% UMS which is 320/400) is needed (along with the 90% avg at A2) for an A*??...
    An A (which is 320 out of 400) plus 90% in your A2 units averaged will be an A*. So an A at AS plus 90% overall in your A2 units will give you at least 360 out of 400 - A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    5 hours?
    Edexcel bounderies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    An A (which is 320 out of 400) plus 90% in your A2 units averaged will be an A*. So an A at AS plus 90% overall in your A2 units will give you at least 360 out of 400 - A*
    Ahh ok I see what you meant now, I mistook it as like we needed 360 overall to get an A*, phew lol.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody here do political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol

ReputationRep:
    Anybody here sit political ideologies? I'm actually scared lol

ReputationRep:
    When do AQA AS grade boundaries come out? ๐Ÿ˜–

ReputationRep:
    How do people know what time their exam board will upload grade boundaries :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Can I try for adjustment for a course that is not on the clearing list?

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late?
    Ring the universities you're interested in once you have your results (and speak to your school/college about getting a reference - it might be worth emailing them to ask as your referee is likely to be in tomorrow sorting through results so you'll give them some warning).

If the universities you like insist you apply via UCAS then you'll also need a personal statement but that shouldn't be difficult to write over the next day.

UCAS Apply is down at the moment but it'll be up on Thursday to use IF your universities say they need you to apply that way so it's a good plan to be prepared to get it sent off on Thursday.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.