ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    Hi there, welcome to CTAM. Would you mind editing this number to make it fit in with the count? Cheers.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Awesome, that sounds good! In which case, let us know how it goes because then you'll be able to know whether you want to do physics or chemistry!
    Also, if you are going to go to Oxford, make sure you get nice high grades at A Level My grades were far too low to apply for universities such as Oxford, Cambridge etc
    Btw, can we please have an edit? Thanks.
    It was ok lol. I had 3 lectures. The day was Physical sciences not just physics :rofl:I had one on Medicinal Chemistry which was a bit dull ngl, I prefer the other parts to Chemistry
    Then there was one on Earth Sciences - particularly how the history of the oceans and the currents and stuff can be found from sedimentary deposits and their makeup Plagioclase it's right up your street m8 :yep: (but I nearly fell asleep - the pretty pictures of their trip to Antarctica was the only thing stopping me from flat out kipping :rofl:)
    The final one was on fluid Physics - this really really really wierd Professor just derived a ton of simple equations and stuff. It was cool, dull and interesting at the same time.

Then lunch :yy: love me some food I do
    Then a talk on Personal Statements :afraid:
    Then I met another TSR user before getting the train home

Pretty good. I still prefer Oxford and think I am still more interested in Chemistry My 1.5 taster day of Chemistry on the 20th will definitely confirm this for me
    :console: oh spotify :jumphug: grades aren't everything dude, i think you're awesome so just keep that up m8 :yy:
    I've been predicted A*AA so fingers crossed. I don't know whether I'd come close to an Oxford offer though but Durham is somewhere I'd like to go as much as Oxford so LOOOOOOOOLHow did I get that number so wrong :rofl: Sorry Spotify :rofl: Told you I couldn't count :toofunny:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    X
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Did that involve chromium (I think?) isotopes or something like that? Palaeoclimatology is actually very interesting, very disappointing that you haven't seen the light, Cheese. But yeah fluid physics is awesome and that's pretty much what I've been doing all summer and intend to do in the future! Was he going through the Navier-Stokes equations and stuff?

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Yes, I believe so too. Indeed, let's hope it is in fact better tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know what I am doing tomorrow though... Might go out, might stay at home. If I do stay at home, I'll be listing things on eBay, sorting out the HP laptop and possibly some Logitech Z5500 speaker tests!

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Awesome devil number there :devil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    I don't know what I am doing tomorrow though... Might go out, might stay at home. If I do stay at home, I'll be listing things on eBay, sorting out the HP laptop and possibly some Logitech Z5500 speaker tests!

Ohh I see. That'll be awesome if you do get the chance to do those things!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Did that involve chromium (I think?) isotopes or something like that? Palaeoclimatology is actually very interesting, very disappointing that you haven't seen the light, Cheese. But yeah fluid physics is awesome and that's pretty much what I've been doing all summer and intend to do in the future! Was he going through the Navier-Stokes equations and stuff?
    :yep: urm no it was like Neodymium :erm: isotopes, idk if bells are ringing but I remember that :yy:
    Its alright Fluid physics = 10/10 Wow cool, get u Plagster :awesome: I don't think so, we did some very simple stuff with pressure and stuff. Idk name more simple ones I might recognise them, he derived them and we helped him, it was fun
    Hope ure around, watched Uni Challenge and a Physics documentary - will make pinta v soon
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :yep: urm no it was like Neodymium :erm: isotopes, idk if bells are ringing but I remember that :yy:
    Its alright Fluid physics = 10/10 Wow cool, get u Plagster :awesome: I don't think so, we did some very simple stuff with pressure and stuff. Idk name more simple ones I might recognise them, he derived them and we helped him, it was fun
    Hope ure around, watched Uni Challenge and a Physics documentary - will make pinta v soon
    Oh yeah it may well have been Neodymium isotopes. There are loads of obscure isotopes in geochemistry. In our first geochemistry lecture we were told that geochemists play around with loads of elements that most chemists would never even touch because loads of obscure elements (particularly rare earth elements) that have little practical value are very useful in geochemistry.

Did you derive them from those simple unit dxdydz boxes?

Hurrah.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Oh yeah it may well have been Neodymium isotopes. There are loads of obscure isotopes in geochemistry. In our first geochemistry lecture we were told that geochemists play around with loads of elements that most chemists would never even touch because loads of obscure elements (particularly rare earth elements) that have little practical value are very useful in geochemistry.
    Did you derive them from those simple unit dxdydz boxes?
    Hurrah.
    :yy: haha! I would touch them that's cool :yep:
    What?! I am not sure if you just bashed your elbow at the keyboard or if there are wierd boxes of these things but no, he drew scenarios on a board and named things x, A, p0 (atm pressure) and then applied theorems such as 1/2mv^2=Ek density etc. to derive certain equations and he demonstrated some things such as the pressure related thing where you can get a straw to suck up water from a jug and pour into another jug
    was awesome :yy:

Sorry my internet is dying, i'll make pinta if it resurrects itself
    man I was so looking forward to this game :bawling:
    EDIT: PLag i can't count so now u need to edit your number
    sorryyyyy

ReputationRep:

100 post stats:

mr T 999 - 18

04MR17 - 10

Arbuthnot - 9

Pinkteddyx64 - 5

Hamza772000- 3

Mediaya - 2

Spotify95 - 2

eternaforest - 1

I am kira- 1

PrincessBO$$ - 1

someonethinking - 1
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :yy: haha! I would touch them that's cool :yep:
    What?! I am not sure if you just bashed your elbow at the keyboard or if there are wierd boxes of these things but no, he drew scenarios on a board and named things x, A, p0 (atm pressure) and then applied theorems such as 1/2mv^2=Ek density etc. to derive certain equations and he demonstrated some things such as the pressure related thing where you can get a straw to suck up water from a jug and pour into another jug
    was awesome :yy:

Sorry my internet is dying, i'll make pinta if it resurrects itself
    man I was so looking forward to this game :bawling:
    EDIT: PLag i can't count so now u need to edit your number
    sorryyyyy
    dxdydz = box of infinitesimal dimensions dx, dy and dz.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.