Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Which is better to do as a course? How different are the 2 systems? Does the general rule that joint honours play in courses still apply to a Scots/Eng joint course? etc

Anyways ...
    Well if it's for university then yes you want to divide it as English Vs. Scots because either one of Cvil vs. Common is too wide to study.

ReputationRep:
    You only need to do 2 books in your dissertation
    This is clearly true, though. People have written essays on 2 books and gotten good marks. Whether it's advisable is another kettle of fish, and one that I know jack about.

ReputationRep:
    • You only need to do 2 books in your dissertation
    Guess who did 2 texts (not even books) in his dissertation? :cool:

I heard it's perfectly acceptable if you can analyse them to a suitable depth.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you picked 1 point, which is true if you analyse the hell out of them, out of many, many. Says a lot about Mr ******
    Maybe he makes deep and meaningful points that look like rubbish on the surface but are actually words of wisdom? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you picked 1 point
    Correct.

ReputationRep:

Oh she's an ice queen. :love:

Says a lot about Mr ******
    Mr ****** sounds like a right ******.

ReputationRep:
    Does the SQA have a system to detect plagiarism of essays from AH English?
    In theory, yes. In practice, not every essay is compared against every other essay, so it depends on your luck and how stupid you are when you do it.

(Clearly, 'you' is being used to mean 'one'.)

You gave me three PM e-mail notices. Got my hopes up for a second :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    I ask you:

Does the SQA have a system to detect plagiarism of essays from AH English?
    Most likely they do, although it may be cumbersome to digitise all of all of the candidates' work.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, no they don't.

Not according to Mr *****
    He may well be right. It's not easy to recognise 1000+ distinct styles of handwriting all in a single program and even then you might need to employ people to proof read it all to make sure it's not just outputting crap.

Digital submissions like UCAS PSes are much easier.

ReputationRep:
    He left 15 AH teachers furious at him and at how the SQA operates in general in AH English.

Coupled with the announcement a while back that they were all being "sacked".
    :awesome:
    From what I've seen there are grains of truth in his claims. Truth-tellers are unpopular with the masses.

Plato's cave anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got an aim here, or are you just venting, Ape?

(Not passive-aggressive, just curious )

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    In 2005, did a group of people from your school win a heat of an international book quiz and go to New Zealand? Because our group beat them in one round and we won some books I remember the school (*******s :p:).

You are incorrect.

You're saying ONE MANS arrogance is better than 15 AH teachers from different schools who hardly know each other.

Right ...

Like a man can't be arrogant about something.
    Let it go Ape and just write a kick-ass folio and dissertation :p:

ReputationRep:
    You are incorrect.

You're saying ONE MANS arrogance is better than 15 AH teachers from different schools who hardly know each other.

Right ...

Like a man can't be arrogant about something.
    I'm not arguing about whether he is arrogant, I'm concerned about whether what he is saying have some inherent worth being true or are they are utter bull. I don't give two hoots how he delivers his claims or how other teachers react to arrogance. If the 15 AH teachers are angry because Mr. Whatever is telling the truth then he is not at fault.

ReputationRep:
    Well, most of what he said was not what the SQA has been saying for years, what other examiners have said and what the SQA's line is on the subject. In fact, one of the teachers phoned up the SQA or was it email (?) about the matter. Most of what he said was not true, it was like he had taken the rule book into his own hands.

His information was misleading.
    And of course the SQA always did what its own official line says and the information they give out is never false or misleading. :rolleyes:

Have you considered maybe he is telling what goes on in practice rather than the official goody-two-shoes version of events?

ReputationRep:
    Scots or English law? Or both?

Recommendations :awesome:
    A conversion course is like a year, so either whichever you prefer or whichever is most convenient for your desired career.

This is clearly true, though. People have written essays on 2 books and gotten good marks. Whether it's advisable is another kettle of fish, and one that I know jack about.
    You called upon me? I am here now, what do you need?

ReputationRep:
    England has more to offer :awesome: (employment, promotion) right?
    Er, by the time you're asking for that much detail, you want an actual lawyer. I considered medicine, maths and computer science - anything else, I can only speak in the most general terms about.

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    You called upon me? I am here now, what do you need?
    Luck.

Er, by the time you're asking for that much detail, you want an actual lawyer. I considered medicine, maths and computer science - anything else, I can only speak in the most general terms about.

Luck.
    Sorry, the only services I can offer you are heavy on pessimism and tend to go into the dark and gloomy side of the world.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.