The Playstation 3 Society III Watch

This discussion is closed.
AugustWestie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
Just downloading it...stopped it and will resume overnight...its a free demo so if you download it and we'll play it tomorrow?
Yep, definitely. I've just set it going.
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
Just downloading it...stopped it and will resume overnight...its a free demo so if you download it and we'll play it tomorrow?
Is that the CoD rip off I posted a video to a couple of weeks ago? I've got the PS Move back from my mate so I'll give it a go I think
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
Oh, it has it's place: Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Zelda and Metroid are all superb, stand-out games - even considered across all platforms. Beyond the top few, though, it's very limited. :sadnod:
Spoiler:
Show
Zelda: Skyward Sword is still very much on my wishlist for the year, despite all the PS3 releases that are due :p:
All of which happen to be first party games. If only Nintendo had good third party support...
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
Is that the CoD rip off I posted a video to a couple of weeks ago? I've got the PS Move back from my mate so I'll give it a go I think
Indeed it is
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
All of which happen to be first party games. If only Nintendo had good third party support...
I'm well aware of that - it's what Nintendo does best :p: Doesn't mean that they're not awesome games in their own right, though
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
Indeed it is
If you're around Wednesday I could join you in for a few games then?
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
If you're around Wednesday I could join you in for a few games then?
Of course I'll play it as long as its better than BLops :P:
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
Of course I'll play it as long as its better than BLops :P:
Just started downloading now! Not really tough to beat is it :teehee:
Someone added me on PSN asking for me WaW zombie maps for Black Ops
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just had a 5 minute play on Modern Combat (demo only lasts 45 minutes) and I have to say that the game completely lived up to my expectations. It is a truly awful game.

The first few times I tried to get into a match I was told that the games were full. Eventually the game decided I should host, and obviously no one joined so I ended up playing with bots. It put me in some type of Search and Destroy game mode. The first thing I noticed was that for some reason Y axis sensitivity was way higher than the X axis sensitivity. A minute into the game, a "saving" notice appeared in the top left corner and the game froze for the duration of the save. By the time I sorted out the sensitivity the bots had already won the round for me. In the next round I run into a bot and was killed instantly. If you die and you spectate a bot, you can take control of it, so I did and we won the round. In the "round won" screen you can still move around and shoot, but you can't damage any bots, however they can still kill you. Next round, despite being killed instantly in the previous round, I came face to face with three bots all at once and was able to spray them all down with ease...
Oh, and the class customisation screen is a complete mess. I couldn't work out how to use it at all lol.
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well that sounds hopeful...
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
FFS is that what I'm hoping to play tomorrow and have given up the use of my internet for
Hopefully its better than blacklight tango down which was such a bad fps...it was fine just very clunky. Hopefully with 3 of us, we can get put in a game.
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Installing...I'll give my verdict in a bit
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First 2 times I tried to join a game, I got a message that was all too familiar 'Connection to the host was lost'. I did eventually get put into a proper game...seems you can only play 1 map.
I'll save my remaining 39 minutes to play with you guys if you don't end up playing before Wednesday
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It took me about 15 minutes to find a game and when I finally found one I played about 5 minutes before putting it off....I can't believe the people who made that game were actually proud with what they put out...
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
what are we talking about :holmes:
AugustWestie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
what are we talking about :holmes:
The abomination that is Modern Combat: Domination.
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably in the top 5 worst FPS games ever made...I've seen Iphone games handle and look better.
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does it actually run badly, its a demo after all, so could it be tweaked about to be made quite nice, or does it just have nothing going for it
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
does it actually run badly, its a demo after all, so could it be tweaked about to be made quite nice, or does it just have nothing going for it
It's a trial and the full game can be bought AFAIK...
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post29572264

Happy Winter-een-mas guys!

Gaming holiday ftw...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads