Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Numan786)
    What do you guys think about the possibility of getting ibrahimovich against or for?
    Practically non-existent. :p:

(Original post by 419)
    We don't even need a winger.......
    Well, I suppose we could fit in a winger in a way that improves our team, especially if it's a creative sort of winger. Wenger likes to take the unconventional attacking route, I feel - remember 2009 when everyone, from fans to the media, was deriding Arsenal's lack of steel in midfield and insisting we needed a big presence at DM. Wenger's response: Andrei Arshavin. :p: And it worked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    He's also been linked with spurs and liverpool both without much foundation. I have a feeling his agent is trying to stir up a move to Europe.
    Yea that sounds plausible as I said I haven't seen a good source on about it yet and it would be a weird singing

(Original post by 419)
    We don't even need a winger.......
    Co sign. I love the things people come up with to try and convince themselves whatever the club does is right I.e. Bernard makes sense because Podolski is 28 or **** it let's go into the season with 2 CBs because Sagna could play there, bet jovetic has suddenly become overpriced and overrated too now he's gone city

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic has officially joined City If the reported figure is even half true (22m) then I'm extremely disappointed with how we've gone about with him. That figure is very reasonable and I'm sure he would have delivered if he was brought in here.
    Good news though- Benteke is extending his contract at Villa and given the news in the last few weeks that he was going join Spurs, its certainly better that he is staying put rather than moving to one of our direct rivals.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, BBC confirming Reina is set for a season-long loan to Napoli which means the Cesar move might still be on for us

ReputationRep:
    Some newspapers saying we're in talks with a Brazilian named Bernard. Flairy Brazilian forward player it would seem, could do with another option up there considering the only players of quality in that area we have that can cause problems are Santi, Theo and the Ox. Jack and Rosicky to a certain extent. And then we have Gervinho and Miyaichi who both have their problems.

Wouldn't be against Bernard, heard good things and only 20 so his best years definetly to come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)
    Some newspapers saying we're in talks with a Brazilian named Bernard. Flairy Brazilian forward player it would seem, could do with another option up there considering the only players of quality in that area we have that can cause problems are Santi, Theo and the Ox. Jack and Rosicky to a certain extent. And then we have Gervinho and Miyaichi who both have their problems.

Wouldn't be against Bernard, heard good things and only 20 so his best years definetly to come!
    podolski aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eh13)

you should probably read the last page or two of the thread :yy:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...senal-bid.html

Ok this is ****ing pissing me off now- We made an offer for Higuain Real Madrid said no 40million - not worth it- fine
    Wayne rooney 80 million not worth it - fine

****ing Liverpool say they wont sell unless 40 million for suarez
    30 no
    35 no
    40 :gasp: No?
    why the **** is the c**t rodgers now saying he now wants- 55 million

Its gonna be another ****ing ****e season without a proper signing AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahomyemane778)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...senal-bid.html

Ok this is ****ing pissing me off now- We made an offer for Higuain Real Madrid said no 40million - not worth it- fine
    Wayne rooney 80 million not worth it - fine

****ing Liverpool say they wont sell unless 40 million for suarez
    30 no
    35 no
    40 :gasp: No?
    why the **** is the c**t rodgers now saying he now wants- 55 million

Its gonna be another ****ing ****e season without a proper signing AGAIN.
    A manager not wanting to sell their best player and then wanting to get the most money possible for one. Shock horror.

****ing hell :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Ever since David Dein left, Wenger has been quite lazy in the completion of his transfers. I'm very upset about this whole Higuain thing I genuinely thought he'd be making a change, I guess we were all sold a dream.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal Football Club can confirm that Brazilian left back Andre Santos has joined Flamengo in a permanent deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Arsenal Football Club can confirm that Brazilian left back Andre Santos has joined Flamengo in a permanent deal.
    Yes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Arsenal Football Club need to be confirming some incoming transfers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are we properly linked to anyone apart from strikers? I really hope we aren't neglecting the other important positions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Does that free up Torres? I would take a punt on him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    once again negged but noone cares to explain why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Are we properly linked to anyone apart from strikers? I really hope we aren't neglecting the other important positions.
    That is the most important position. I'm not fully convinced we even need a DM although it would be nice to have options available for that position. Most teams don't even play with a outright DM anymore. Maybe we need another CB but that isn't the most important either..certainly could do with one but its not whats going to make a difference to where we stand at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    once again negged but noone cares to explain why
    Jesus.

He's 30 next year and his best season was 5 seasons ago.

You've seen all the trouble chelsea have had why would we want him. Walcott scores more goals on the wing than him

(Original post by goofymark13)
    Well, it's difficult to tell, really. It looks to the public like we've gone quiet on all fronts, but I would guess that that's just the club tightening up rumour-leaks. Apart from strikers, we've been linked to Fellaini and Capoue, and I'm not sure if anything's changed on that front (some rumours have suggested that Wenger's been put off by Fellaini's price - but that and the failed Bender bid does show that he's thinking about that position). We've also obviously been linked with a new goalkeeper, centreback and attacking midfielder/winger.

ReputationRep:
    if we dont sign some1 soon....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    That is the most important position. I'm not fully convinced we even need a DM although it would be nice to have options available for that position. Most teams don't even play with a outright DM anymore. Maybe we need another CB but that isn't the most important either..certainly could do with one but its not whats going to make a difference to where we stand at the end of the season.
    We don't necessarily need a cdm but we at least need someone who can be back up to arteta or maybe even take his place. We don't win many of the games we play without arteta so that should show that getting a back up to him is important

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.