Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Watching the Portsmouth playoff game and so this keeper has been brought in on an emergency loan due to their usual choices being out....well he's been pretty woeful so far.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's an exciting game so far, manager getting sent to the stands as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Portsmouth 2-2 Plymouth.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Stand by for drama tonight no doubt.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    ****ing hell you have to feel for Brighton. 4 injuries in 50 minutes...

ReputationRep:
    Strong result for Wednesday. They'll be fantastic at Wembley, too. It's a shame the Owls & the Seagulls aren't playing the final. Would much rather have one of those than Derby or Hull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    ****ing hell you have to feel for Brighton. 4 injuries in 50 minutes...
    Yeah was pretty dire, though Sheff Wed played really well, both great goals. Wonder if they'll finally make it back to top flight.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Feel a lot for Brighton. Those injuries have come at the worst possible time. They are still in the tie - just. In truth, tonight could have been 3 or 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Feel a lot for Brighton. Those injuries have come at the worst possible time. They are still in the tie - just. In truth, tonight could have been 3 or 4.
    I wish that the play-offs were abolished, or at least included a team that could be relegated. Not that i expect it will be changed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I wish that the play-offs were abolished, or at least included a team that could be relegated. Not that i expect it will be changed.
    It seems farcical a team which can finish 20 points off third place could be promoted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It seems farcical a team which can finish 20 points off third place could be promoted.
    As I recall West Ham in 2005 finished something like 30 points off and went up, then sneaked in again in 2012. Now look at them. It may seem unfair but if you beat 3rd place over two legs and hold your nerve in a Wembley final I say you deserve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    As I recall West Ham in 2005 finished something like 30 points off and went up, then sneaked in again in 2012. Now look at them. It may seem unfair but if you beat 3rd place over two legs and hold your nerve in a Wembley final I say you deserve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I agree. I wouldn't change the play-offs - I just mean that, from a third placed team's perspective, who ended level on points with second, it seems quite cruel.

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley 3-0 Walsall

This tie is over already.

ReputationRep:
    Same with Derby & Hull unfortunately. No way we're gonna come from 3 down.

ReputationRep:
    Buzzing for Plymouth v Portsmouth tomorrow, hoping Portsmouth can sneak through
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Currently 0.0 between Wimbledon and Accrington, I'd bite my arm off to get a ticket for the play off final if Sheffield Wednesday do make it, looks unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
    Well done AFC Wimbledon for sticking at it until the end. Just hope whoever goes through to the play-off final wins and gets promotion.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Always said it what a beast Akinfenwa is.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lol @ Phil Parkinson.

Sheffield Wednesday vs. Hull City.
    Millwall vs. Barnsley.

Those are the likely play-off finals in the Championship and League One.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for Wednesday, Barnsley and Pompey to go up, although it'd be nice to see Wimbledon promoted as well - theirs is a great story.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.