Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmenay)
    2nd Nov
    Unlucky man, Sales or Trading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strattonite)
    This is a sentiment i've seen popping up in many places. Would anyone care to explain why? Very curious.
    Cheers
    For me, it was the least personal experience, across the board! You will meet like 4 people from desks and not single one of them gave a sht about me, just asked their pointless questions from the paper or some random technicals, very negative experience, I felt like they kept setting me up for failure rather than finding out about my motivation and skills and experiences and what I can bring to their bank!! I said that to my recruiter afterwards that I can't see myself working there (in a professional manner of course) - culture is everything in banks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strattonite)
    This is a sentiment i've seen popping up in many places. Would anyone care to explain why? Very curious.
    Cheers
    .. then again, if you're a boring fck who has zero banter then you will fit in perfectly (not your personally hahaha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    For me, it was the least personal experience, across the board! You will meet like 4 people from desks and not single one of them gave a sht about me, just asked their pointless questions from the paper or some random technicals, very negative experience, I felt like they kept setting me up for failure rather than finding out about my motivation and skills and experiences and what I can bring to their bank!! I said that to my recruiter afterwards that I can't see myself working there (in a professional manner of course) - culture is everything in banks
    welcome to the real world kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    Pleaaaaaase, i have to disagree. I've done summer internship and interviews at range of banks!! Many places out there just want to get to know you... e.g the biggest of all, Goldman is all about fit and motivation..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by volatilityskew2)
    You sound like a great fit for UBS!

(Original post by TheParham)
    Pleaaaaaase, i have to disagree. I've done summer internship and interviews at range of banks!! Many places out there just want to get to know you... e.g the biggest of all, Goldman is all about fit and motivation..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies guys. Very interesting views.
    Good luck on the apps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Anyone had a first round telephone interview for a SI at BAML in DCM? Any tips would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Guys does jobtestprep include ac exercises?

ReputationRep:
    Does Wells Fargo recruit in London for IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Does Wells Fargo recruit in London for IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't been able to find the relevant page. Been wondering about this myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Okay...

Waiting for Rothschild after final round and waiting to see if RBC give an AC. Also had a first round with BAML and then they transferred me to FT but heard no more since. Had a first round with MS and waiting to hear back. Had a first round with DB but got rejected. Hopefully one of those will yield something .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this for a grad role at Roths or for SA??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has Roths started SA first rounds etc yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NV37)
    Is this for a grad role at Roths or for SA??
    Thanks
    (Original post by NV37)
    It's for a Graduate role but they have started interviewing for Summer Analyst I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you interned at both a bulge bracket and non-BB? If so, what are the key differences in the work-week between the two, if any?? I am applying for markets division.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to give any insight into DB corporate finance first round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NV37)
    Invited 2 days ago, I will have mine on wednesday, still don't know if in London or phone (I'm not based in the UK and therefore it should be phone, but they didn't answer when I emailed them to schedule it),
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Have any of you interned at both a bulge bracket and non-BB? If so, what are the key differences in the work-week between the two, if any?? I am applying for markets division.
    Doubt there's a difference.. you're still working market hours + a few hours added to either side of the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if RBC has finished recruiting for IBD SA? Also any updates on Fidelity, MS (For ER), Evercore, BAML?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seundad)
    Unlucky man, Sales or Trading?
    Sales mate - re culture I really liked all of my interviewers - maybe just me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.