Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Can I try for adjustment for a course that is not on the clearing list?
    You can ring. Be prepared for a short sharp NO though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoonVirgo)
    I've just tried this out and, if I'm not mistaken, it seems to insist that one must get an A in AS (and then of course 90% UMS average in A2) to get an A* overall?...

I thought we only need 80% UMS average in AS+A2 plus 90% UMS avg in A2 to get an A*?

So have I made a mistake by saying it doesn't matter if we got an A or not at AS so long it has enough UMS to contribute to that 80% overall then we can get an A* by obtaining 90% across A2? Or is this calculator incorrect in this?...
    honestly I thought it was just me!
    I'm so glad it's the calculator and not my grades lmao. I'm pretty sure it's the calculator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    How do people know what time their exam board will upload grade boundaries :lol:
    AQA have said 8am on there website and OCR have tweeted 8am tomorrow
    Edexcel will post anytime tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundries need to come soon. My only worry is that AEA I don't think my guess is accurate (moderate overestimate) but maths and physics grades are reasonably accurate...mi hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Grade boundries need to come soon. My only worry is that AEA I don't think my guess is accurate (moderate overestimate) but maths and physics grades are reasonably accurate...mi hope
    This years AEA paper looked really fun. Looked harder then last years I think(I sat that one) I predict boundaries a tad lower then last year like 68 for distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused about how clearing works. Do I apply via UCAS on the day, or do I have to phone up each university that has courses on clearing that I'm interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You can ring. Be prepared for a short sharp NO though.
    Quite annoying knowing that they probably let someone who missed a grade in whilst rejecting you but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    I'm a bit confused about how clearing works. Do I apply via UCAS on the day, or do I have to phone up each university that has courses on clearing that I'm interested in?
    You phone up and get offers from universities (lots of them) and then pick your favourite and refer yourself for that course/university on Track after 3pm. Once the university confirms it you have a new Unconditional Firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoli1998)
    You phone up the universities and then enter your favourite one that gave you an offer into UCAS at 3pm. You can only enter one choice at a time, but you get the offers by calling as soon as you have your clearing number.
    (I'm sure someone else will explain it better)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been spending time today looking at previous years' boundaries for the millionth time, to finally confirm that you still have no clue :lol:

ReputationRep:
    5 hours 5 hours 5 hours although I'm not actually worried about maths grade boundaries so I'm not sure why I'm excited.
    I'm more worried about OCR Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for the grade boundaries just so people will stop asking when they'll be released

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what it looks like on Track when you get accepted by firm? I hope it's nice an clear so that tense moment isn't dragged out xD

#WorryingAboutTheMostRandomIrrel evantThingsBeforeResultsDay

ReputationRep:
    Who keeps trying to change the URL of the 2015 Edexcel grade boundaries from 1506 to 1606 in the hope it is up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    This years AEA paper looked really fun. Looked harder then last years I think(I sat that one) I predict boundaries a tad lower then last year like 68 for distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was so much fun!!!
    I failed most of the past papers I did (boarder line merit) but I think this years was actually easier than most of the other years.

ReputationRep:
    Question. When grade boundaries are released, will it be easy to calculate the UMS achieved for a grade not on the boundary, like if 70 is 90 UMS, what would 72 be? I need an average of 91 in FP2 and FP3 for an A* in further maths which I really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    honestly I thought it was just me!
    I'm so glad it's the calculator and not my grades lmao. I'm pretty sure it's the calculator
    Yeah lol I was like 'this can't be right can it??'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It was so much fun!!!
    I failed most of the past papers I did (boarder line merit) but I think this years was actually easier than most of the other years.
    The Q8 looked great.
    Aswell as Q1, many people would think it is dead easy but could've been made alot more interesting and testing,inputs and domains/ranges of nested functions is alot more complicated then most people think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You phone up and get offers from universities (lots of them) and then pick your favourite and refer yourself for that course/university on Track after 3pm. Once the university confirms it you have a new Unconditional Firm.

Ah okay I see. And how many clearing choices do we get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    AQA have said 8am on there website and OCR have tweeted 8am tomorrow
    Edexcel will post anytime tomorrow
    8am at the latest*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.