Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The reshuffle seems to have been a great success, though naturally Corbyn's being criticised, just as he would've been whatever he'd done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    The reshuffle seems to have been a great success, though naturally Corbyn's being criticised, just as he would've been whatever he'd done.
    Kicking Pat McFaddon (Europe Minister) for saying that Terrorists are responsible for their own actions, is not an success, its a great failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    Kicking Pat McFaddon (Europe Minister) for saying that Terrorists are responsible for their own actions, is not an success, its a great failure.
    One small mistake in a process which included the great triumphs of getting rid of the toxic cancer known as Dugher and promoting Emily Thornberry can be forgiven.

ReputationRep:
    One small mistake in a process which included the great triumphs of getting rid of the toxic cancer known as Dugher and promoting Emily Thornberry can be forgiven.
    Beforehand I would of disagreed with you on Dugher, his petulant reaction changes that.

ReputationRep:
    Calling Dugher, whos was a 'straight honest talker' on the front bench, toxic cancer is really nasty, so much for the kinder politics.As for Emily, who dosent like people who drive white vans didn't really deserve a promotion. I would have preferred Dan Jarvis who was an ex-soldier and would have made a great Defence Secretary.

ReputationRep:
    Calling Dugher, whos was a 'straight honest talker' on the front bench, toxic cancer is really nasty, so much for the kinder politics.As for Emily, who dosent like people who drive white vans didn't really deserve a promotion. I would have preferred Dan Jarvis who was an ex-soldier and would have made a great Defence Secretary.
    I don't give a damn about the 'kinder' politics, Corbyn is far too libertarian and too economically right-wing for me. As for your Thornberry comment, I don't see your objection to one funny tweet (I'm pretty sure the element she was pointing out was the St George's Crosses). IMO ex-soldiers should be kept out of defence as from my experience of talking to people in the military, they always support dramatically over-funding the military (or continuing to do so).

ReputationRep:
    He was entirely disloyal to Corbyn and arguably incompetent so shouldn't complain at being sacked. His twitter bio is that of a petulant toddler. Thornberry doesn't detest those who drive white vans she took one stupid photo. Jarvis is massively inexperienced and pro-trident.

ReputationRep:
    Dugher openly sneered at Corbyn's new politics and tried to undermine him. That's unacceptable when the party is 7 points behind in the polls and needs to present a united front to attack the Tories.

I would have preferred Jarvis too, but to say that Emily Thornberry doesn't like men in white vans based on the fact that she posted a photo of a house covered in English flags - not a common sight where she lives - and posted 'A house in Rochester' as a caption is a little too much of an extrapolation tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn about the 'kinder' politics, Corbyn is far too libertarian and too economically right-wing for me. As for your Thornberry comment, I don't see your objection to one funny tweet (I'm pretty sure the element she was pointing out was the St George's Crosses). IMO ex-soldiers should be kept out of defence as from my experience of talking to people in the military, they always support dramatically over-funding the military (or continuing to do so).
    Well if you dont give a damn about the kinder politics I have no idea why you are supporting his neverending reshuffle.

(Original post by United1892)
    He was entirely disloyal to Corbyn and arguably incompetent so shouldn't complain at being sacked. His twitter bio is that of a petulant toddler. Thornberry doesn't detest those who drive white vans she took one stupid photo. Jarvis is massively inexperienced and pro-trident.
    Dugher is an intelligent man and in my opinion will be more of a loss on the front bench than a gain to lose him. On the topic of Jarvis, what I meant to say way people who are from the military should be given the job to take charge of it as they know most about it. Also I am pro-trident, as are most of the Labour party.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you dont give a damn about the kinder politics I have no idea why you are supporting his neverending reshuffle.
    Because he's certainly the best of a bad bunch of 'electable' politicians - I can't support the Greens because they insist on naive environmental policies.

ReputationRep:
    Dugher is an intelligent man and in my opinion will be more of a loss on the front bench than a gain to lose him. On the topic of Jarvis, what I meant to say way people who are from the military should be given the job to take charge of it as they know most about it. Also I am pro-trident, as are most of the Labour party.
    He's a petulant toddler and he really wasn't doing a great job. As TDA says ex military people almost always want an overfunded army, an actual expert I would understand. The pro-trident stuff is *******s unless you restrict labour to the PLP.

ReputationRep:
    Because he's certainly the best of a bad bunch of 'electable' politicians - I can't support the Greens because they insist on naive environmental policies.
    He's a petulant toddler and he really wasn't doing a great job. As TDA says ex military people almost always want an overfunded army, an actual expert I would understand. The pro-trident stuff is *******s unless you restrict labour to the PLP.
    Fair enough guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Dugher openly sneered at Corbyn's new politics and tried to undermine him. That's unacceptable when the party is 7 points behind in the polls and needs to present a united front to attack the Tories.

I would have preferred Jarvis too, but to say that Emily Thornberry doesn't like men in white vans based on the fact that she posted a photo of a house covered in English flags - not a common sight where she lives - and posted 'A house in Rochester' as a caption is a little too much of an extrapolation tbh.
    There not a common sight anywhere. Most flags don't have free England flags.

ReputationRep:
    There not a common sight anywhere. Most flags don't have free England flags.
    Even less so in London though. Point remains though, she was just pointing out a curiosity, not mocking or sneering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Even less so in London though. Point remains though, she was just pointing out a curiosity, not mocking or sneering.
    I pretty much only see them around World Cup time, I'd be half inclined, although not after this incident, to take a photo and show my friends/follows. One thing to be proud of your Country, another to have three flags outside your house.

ReputationRep:
    I don't consider myself a Corbynite but Dugher absolutely had to go. He was fantastic in his actual brief but vastly overstepped what I would consider constructive dissent.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to advise the TSR Labour Party that I support the action taken by the mods and the party in relation to the dupe account and the statement made on behalf of the Party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Doesn't detest white van men, apparently, are you also going to tell us that she cares about the wellbeing of our troops?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Doesn't detest white van men, apparently, are you also going to tell us that she cares about the wellbeing of our troops?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Her brothers a builder who needs to drive a van for a living the entire idea is stupid. Yes obviously she does.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So much so that she's fine with spurious allegations being raised against them?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.