Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll do that Yep.

thanks again

Thanks. I'm 21.

Thanks very much . I really don't want to be on medication TBH, I might ask for CBT. How long will I have to wait for before seeing a counsellor or something?

Thanks . It's good to know about the questionnaire beforehand, thank you. Do I have much choice as to what I get offered? Again I don't want to go on medication. It is very serious though.
    Ofcourse you have a choice! Unless your on a section (which is unlikely unless your a serious risk to yourself or others) then you get a say in your treatment. The drs may suggest one way is better, but ultimately its your choice.

Regarding waiting list, unfortunately MH services are a postcode lottery and some areas you may get counselling in a matter of weeks, others it may be months. So no one can actually say you will be waiting X long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    Okayish - I had an awful day yesterday because this stupid, rude idiot was bothering me, but I'm feeling much better now (mainly because my Young Enterprise group just won the Regional Young Enterprise Competition today! )

I'm still feeling kinda annoyed from yesterday's incident with the idiot, but I'm getting over it

I have my Biology practical retake tomorrow so I'm worried about that ><

How are you?
    Ohh, congratulations on the Young Enterprise! and sorry that you didn't have a great day yesterday, but at least you had some good news too!

Had a decent day myself, but starting feeling a bit low recently so watched some Netflix for a bit, and now gonna watch some more

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Ofcourse you have a choice! Unless your on a section (which is unlikely unless your a serious risk to yourself or others) then you get a say in your treatment. The drs may suggest one way is better, but ultimately its your choice.

Regarding waiting list, unfortunately MH services are a postcode lottery and some areas you may get counselling in a matter of weeks, others it may be months. So no one can actually say you will be waiting X long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean by "serious risk"? Don't want to go into too much detail but it has been severe at times. The last thing I want is to lose my rights as an adult or something, esp. because my family is abusive and controlling.

Thanks. Is there anywhere I can go before getting treatment/during the wait?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you mean by "serious risk"? Don't want to go into too much detail but it has been severe at times. The last thing I want is to lose my rights as an adult or something, esp. because my family is abusive and controlling.

Thanks. Is there anywhere I can go before getting treatment/during the wait?
    Basically suicide really, though if you havnt already read the OP on the rules on talking about suicide and self harm if your at risk.

You can contact charities that offer the support or counselling, if your at uni you can access counselling there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Spent about 3 or 4 hours doing a piece of revision which should have only taken like an hour or so. Still, guess it's good I got it done.
    Well done That's really good - am exactly the same with taking ages over small stuff, but can be really difficult to concentrate - so try not to be hard on yourself about it? :hugs:

(Original post by entershikari)
    idk if i'm even ready for uni. i'm so excited for the moving out part and meeting new people but i'm unsure about my course and the fact that i'm unsure now before even starting i feel is a bad sign, but I do enjoy the subject its just my own self-doubt thats dragging me down. im on my final major project on my btec college course rn which is feel is closer to uni level work and im having a horrible time doing it, ive spent too many nights crying and hurting myself stressing out that im so far behind. if im like this now what will i be like at uni?
    i doubt my ability despite my tutors telling me im good and getting offers from some great unis, i feel like the whole thing is a fluke
    idk how to just get on with it, because im currently too scared to do work because i think itll be awful and then it makes me further behind
    :hugs: Don't think it's a bad sign, think it's sort of difficult working out how Uni'll be, I know people who've been feeling bad before who've loved it, and then myself who was quite set on it and now isn't enjoying it quite as much (though Uni part definitely good, sort of/as you say moving out and stuff)
    Sorry, maybe that doesn't help
    I'm sure your tutors are right :yep: :hugs:
    In the exact same fear about being behind => too scared to do stuff => more behind loop, and think it's a difficult one/lots of people struggling with it, but :hugs:
    Also think it's common to be unsure about uni-ness, but I think just have to try it and see? Hope you're okay though! (and hi! Not sure I've spoken to you before )

(Original post by Pathway)
    Got a 65 in the coursework test I thought I had failed! :eek: My average (not weighted, but whatever) is still 70 so I'm happy with that.
    Well done! :woo: PRSOM :sad:

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Finally got a job interview! Its for part time work at my local B&Q so I can still do my voluntary work. Nervous already! Never been to a job interview before :eek:
    Congrats! Though you were Odd Socks for a second there/was confused because I thought you had a job already (You are both scots in socks :eek: :teehee: anyway... :getmecoat: )
    Good luck for the interview! Sorry about nerves :console:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    what is the point in anything.
    :jumphug: Going to watch some TV for a bit now before bed/am about if you need to vent or anything :hugs:

(Original post by IDukem)
    Told a girl she looked lovely and she didn't say anything, smiled in a laughy type way. Don't know how to take that to be honest :lol:
    You're braver than I am Would try not to take it badly - I'm the same as others have said/don't know what to say to compliments really

Its official im crazy.

Sat bored out of my brains so doing the after 8 challenge!
    Such a good game I want after eights!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    :grouphugs: for all Sorry I'm not offering to talk to anyone here. Feeling a bit fragile post-Edinburgh. I was well for the trip but I think I might still be in a psychotic episode :nopity:
    :hugs:
    I want to go to scotland :eek:
    Hope you're not :jumphug: but :console:

--------------------------------------

Been to DofE, was good/better than I thought, definitely! I'd kinda decided to see how today went/if it wasn't horrible to not swap, so decided I won't. I mean I think I'd still prefer it if I'd started off in the other group maybe/think I'd get on well with more of them, but this group is good/everyone's friendly, plus the person I do know/got on well with is so friendly and nice, is really comforting sort of to know they'll be in the same group/to have someone there who's really nice!

Semi-disappointed to not be in the other group, sort of (in that the current group isn't maybe the group I'd choose), but yeah, am glad this one'll be nice too, and I didn't feel completely isolated or anything *ramble* (and thanks to everyone being so nice about all this worrying about this I've been doing the past week :hide: )

Also meeting went okay, though only 2-3 people turned up which was a shame :/ forgot to send out an email to remind everyone yesterday

Got some nice food from tesco, and even cooked (sausages, potato waffles and peas ) and have washed up, so was feeling good, but now suddenly low. But oh well :/

Hope everyone's okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    your secret santa gift finally came for me! it's awesome! thank you! :hugs:
    Really glad it arrived
    Glad you like it - was really sad when it hadn't arrived before/kept meaning to make another/resend - didn't know royal mail could be so slow
    Hope you're okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Well done That's really good - am exactly the same with taking ages over small stuff, but can be really difficult to concentrate - so try not to be hard on yourself about it? :hugs:

:hugs: Don't think it's a bad sign, think it's sort of difficult working out how Uni'll be, I know people who've been feeling bad before who've loved it, and then myself who was quite set on it and now isn't enjoying it quite as much (though Uni part definitely good, sort of/as you say moving out and stuff)
    In the exact same fear about being behind => too scared to do stuff => more behind loop, and think it's a difficult one/lots of people struggling with it, but :hugs:
    Also think it's common to be unsure about uni-ness, but I think just have to try it and see? Hope you're okay though! (and hi! Not sure I've spoken to you before )

Congrats! Though you were Odd Socks for a second there/was confused because I thought you had a job already (You are both scots in socks :eek: :teehee: anyway... :getmecoat: )

:jumphug: Going to watch some TV for a bit now before bed/am about if you need to vent or anything :hugs:

You're braver than I am Would try not to take it badly - I'm the same as others have said/don't know what to say to compliments really

Been to DofE, was good/better than I thought, definitely! I'd kinda decided to see how today went/if it wasn't horrible to not swap, so decided I won't. I mean I think I'd still prefer it if I'd started off in the other group maybe/think I'd get on well with more of them, but this group is good/everyone's friendly, plus the person I do know/got on well with is so friendly and nice, is really comforting sort of to know they'll be in the same group/to have someone there who's really nice!

Semi-disappointed to not be in the other group, sort of (in that the current group isn't maybe the group I'd choose), but yeah, am glad this one'll be nice too, and I didn't feel completely isolated or anything *ramble* (and thanks to everyone being so nice about all this worrying about this I've been doing the past week :hide: )

Also meeting went okay, though only 2 people turned up which was a shame :/ forgot to send out an email to remind everyone yesterday

Got some nice food from tesco, and even cooked (sausages, potato waffles and peas ) and have washed up, so was feeling good, but now suddenly low. But oh well :/

thanks for being so nice. well done on food/DofE stuff :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Also meeting went okay, though only 2 people turned up which was a shame :/ forgot to send out an email to remind everyone yesterday

Kept me entertained for a bit until i realised theyd melted all over my face

Glad DofE went good!

And tea sounds nice minus the peas :puke: i dont do peas

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Feel pretty rubbish but ah well

Ooh, well done! Sure you won't have, even if you did you won't be the first to have done it or the last. Hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How have you been today? :hugs: Sorry I'm so rubbish at replying on here recently.

---------------

Pretty successful day :yep: Handed 2 assignments in and revised a fair bit.
    Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Won a box of Celebrations and a bag of Haribo in 2 different lectures today for winning the end of module quizzes (there's about 200 people in each module, uber nerd I know :mmm: ). I just poured the Celebrations out on the table and everybody around me helped themselves but I ate some too, was quite proud of myself considering eating at uni has been a massive no for me since about November.

Really really hope this goodness lasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    How have you been today? :hugs: Sorry I'm so rubbish at replying on here recently.

---------------

Pretty successful day :yep: Handed 2 assignments in and revised a fair bit.
    Food
    Spoiler:
    Show

Won a box of Celebrations and a bag of Haribo in 2 different lectures today for winning the end of module quizzes (there's about 200 people in each module, uber nerd I know :mmm: ). I just poured the Celebrations out on the table and everybody around me helped themselves but I ate some too, was quite proud of myself considering eating at uni has been a massive no for me since about November.

Really really hope this goodness lasts.
    well done on winning the prizes, and well done on the food stuff too! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Start work on thursday :eek:
    Pretty ****ing terrified, gonna be so tired when i get home as iv got my induction then going straight into session!

No idea what im gonna wear yet urgh
    Was gonna bleach my hair tonight ready for dying but i cant, gonna have to beg the mother in law to drive me to the shops so i can buy peroxide!
    I know it sounds so silly but it matters so much to me what my hair looks like. ESPECIALLY as ill have to have my photo taken for my ID badge! Urgh right now my roots are like 3/4 inches long! It looks aweful!

So stressed by silly things! More stressed about my appearance than actually starting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

thank you. glad to hear dofe wentt well and well done with the food, sounds yummy!

--------------

feeling really low because something triggered me, but getting super dissociated (sort of getting tired of fighting to stay grounded - guess that's me being lazy). maybe i should go and sleep. or try to - stupid nightmares/hope my flatmates aren't loud all night, if not i'll probably go and say something. :shakecane: well. providing i'm not super dissociated like last night :argh: (was finding it difficult to walk/do anything, don't remember much of anything :facepalm:). anyway. don't know really. i'm triggered and this dissociation is difficult to deal with. hopefully sleep works :dontknow: probably won't :lol:

:hugs: to those who want/need them. sorry i'm so useless. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    well done on winning the prizes, and well done on the food stuff too! :hugs:Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Basically suicide really, though if you havnt already read the OP on the rules on talking about suicide and self harm if your at risk.

You can contact charities that offer the support or counselling, if your at uni you can access counselling there.
    Will do, thanks.

I'll look some up, not at uni unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys :hugs: to everyone

Spoiler:
    Show
    Feeling really rubbish right now - and I can see the strain its putting on my family when I go from pretty good days to this. I'm finding it really hard to remember other moods when talking to people so everyone has different ideas of where I'm at which makes me feel like I'm lying to them. CMHT care coordinator thinks I'm doing well and I don't know if the meetings with him are even helping but I'm too scared to ask about ending/other options. Doctor increased meds again and put me on a stupid pattern thats so hard to remember. My sleeping pattern is messed up and I cant concentrate and dont want to do anything except sleep and I'm soooo fed up of not knowing whats depression syptoms, medication side effects or what.

I'm supposed to be going back to university next year and I'm really worried about that - the situation at home is so different and I dont know how well Ill cope looking after myself again. Really dont want another year out or to be where I was at the beginning of this year. I'm going to apply for DSA but I'm scared people will say Im not bad enough.

Got a meeting with my care coordinator tomorrow and i really dont want to go but I cant cancel again but I dont want to talk to him and tell him that i havent done stuff hes suggested and that Im not doing well again. He'll ask me why and I dont know.

Just wish people would stop caring what i did and then I could just stay in bed and not feel guilty about all the things they want me to be doing to get better.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling like I need to do drastic things. so ****ing hard. trying to resist but deep down feels futile. **** everything this is agony

ReputationRep:
    I am revolting

(Original post by Pathway)
    I am revolting
    You're not :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Insomnia again. No sleeping tablets since they were a trial. Have a cmht meeting later on today and will now have to tell them that even Prozac gives me insomnia.

ReputationRep:
    bit better today after yesterdays breakdown...CMHT appointment actually went okay, hopefully they are gonna change my meds & offer me more support.

mood is still not great, but im "safe" now I guess. just got completely overwhelmed yesterday morning

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.