Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Magic of the Cup

ReputationRep:
    I hope we have our **** together by then and don't flop! Have Chelsea away before that game as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just want a riot. I don't even care if we lose as long as there's a big f*cking riot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I hope we have our **** together by then and don't flop! Have Chelsea away before that game as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spurs haven't exactly started on fire.

We'll win imo.

ReputationRep:

he's so bad, glad he turned us down. Giroud > Benzema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)

he's so bad, glad he turned us down. Giroud > Benzema.
    still better than Giroud

ReputationRep:
    Very worried about this season in general.

ReputationRep:
    Hate to be pessimistic but Tom's right. Hope we're wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    This season's going to be great.

4th place in the league
    FA Cup Semis or Final
    League Cup R3
    Champions League R16
    Bonus: Newspaper headlines in Sept 2016: "Arsenal only two players away from challenging"

The stuff of Gooner dreams

ReputationRep:
    Worried for what? Did you think you'd win the league before and are worried that won't happen? Or are you worried about not making top 4.

Neville was spot on when he mentioned the lack of muscle in your midfield. You have some flair players but not an intimidating presence. Milner would've been very good for you I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Worried for what? Did you think you'd win the league before and are worried that won't happen? Or are you worried about not making top 4.

Neville was spot on when he mentioned the lack of muscle in your midfield. You have some flair players but not an intimidating presence. Milner would've been very good for you I imagine.
    Coquelin is scary af, he's just surrounded by more manlets in midfield than a hot girl in a Dungeons and Dragons convention.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly at this stage I'm just enjoying football what it is. Not bothered about Arsenal's prospects for the season ahead just yet, I've really missed the highs and lows the 90 mins has to offer.

ReputationRep:

Balance of the team is wrong. You shouldn't play Coq-Cazorla as your CM duo against good teams imo. I'm not even sure it's an issue of getting more muscle; I think Arsene just wants to utilise all the attacking talent he has, but we simply have too many midget technicians to fit in one midfield. Then you put Ramsey out wide who just wants to play inside, and you've literally got an orgy of midfielders dallying about in the center of the pitch and Bellerin in no mans land on the right. It's just poor tactics.

I dont even want to consider the possibility of Coquelin getting injured.

ReputationRep:

I think a genuine league challenge was on if we signed 2 more players. But now I think we are fighting for 3rd and 4th again. Wenger really must be blamed if we don't sign anyone because we are evidently ill equipped to win the games we should be winning if we are to be considered real contenders. I think not signing anyone else is going to be a massive sign of mismanagement. If he signs people in January it won't be enough because it is likely too late by then. I think at this rate he has ****ed up massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    I think a genuine league challenge was on if we signed 2 more players. But now I think we are fighting for 3rd and 4th again. Wenger really must be blamed if we don't sign anyone because we are evidently ill equipped to win the games we should be winning if we are to be considered real contenders. I think not signing anyone else is going to be a massive sign of mismanagement. If he signs people in January it won't be enough because it is likely too late by then. I think at this rate he has ****ed up massively.
    I totally agree with you.

It's clear this team is nowhere near capable of fighting Chelsea and City for the title. We simply don't have it in us to win 4-5 games on the bounce and that will be needed such as during the festive period and end of season when the pressure is on.

I think Wenger's body language during games is an admittance of this. He realises he has messed up and the team is nowhere as good as what he says(if he really believes it himself). It's sad.

To say we did something special last year by winning the FA Cup and finishing 3rd is even sadder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree; something's off about you this season.
    You'll get top 4 since you always do, although you really need consistency since we could really push for it if we continue as we are.

You'll beat Spurs in the cup though - they're worse than last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    I totally agree with you.

It's clear this team is nowhere near capable of fighting Chelsea and City for the title. We simply don't have it in us to win 4-5 games on the bounce and that will be needed such as during the festive period and end of season when the pressure is on.

I think Wenger's body language during games is an admittance of this. He realises he has messed up and the team is nowhere as good as what he says(if he really believes it himself). It's sad.

To say we did something special last year by winning the FA Cup and finishing 3rd is even sadder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The team lacks the spark. That typical Arsenal flair is not there that even the failed team of Nasri, Fabregas, RVP etc had. I get that they did not win any trophies but that is because their team had more gaping holes than this one.

In this team our big players are not as good as we thought they were. Ozil goes missing and is not as good as Fabregas was, Ramsey goes missing but I would say he is as good as Nasri was, Wilshere is missing all of the time. Giroud is not RVP's level for us by any stretch of the imagination.

Who is left to make a difference? Cazorla? Chamberlain (although the guy is young and might turn out great)? Walcott? Welbeck? Really? Would you honestly say these are true Arsenal quality players? We have a lot of depth Wenger is correct, but we have not got quality.

Only player really that really stands out for us is Alexis and funnily enough he has been bailing us out since he has joined.

Essentially Wenger has created a cup team and 4th place also rans. I.e. What we criticise the likes of the old Chelsea for being when we were kids.

The only way this team can go forward is if we are ruthless by selling the dead weight and buying a few top quality players that can carry the rest through games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I agree; something's off about you this season.
    You'll get top 4 since you always do, although you really need consistency since we could really push for it if we continue as we are.

You'll beat Spurs in the cup though - they're worse than last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly think it is because many key players such as Cazorla and Giroud have already reached their peak, gone past that peak, and were never really good enough to be top class in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    And btw, I think that Nasri would have become world class had he stayed with us.

ReputationRep:
    whatever happened to team spirit and discipline?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.