Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Nichijou is in [link removed] my all-time Top 50[/url] series, at #4. I prefer action and plot to comedy, so it takes something very good to make that list (there are only three other pure comedy series on it, and the next highest ranked is Azumanga Daioh at #19).
    Just look at that website, it's great because you can have your own collection and you also have followers (also known as stalkers) just like on TSR. All of the ratings are based on what exactly? Just a personal preference?

Okok, I need to watch first episode of the nichijou before looking at the second anime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Just look at that website, it's great because you can have your own collection and you also have followers (also known as stalkers) just like on TSR. All of the ratings are based on what exactly? Just a personal preference?

Okok, I need to watch first episode of the nichijou before looking at the second anime.
    I'd never be able to keep track of everything I've watched without my Anime-Planet account. :nah: The site's ratings are all based on average scores from users, so it's all subjective and based on personal preference as you say, but in general if several hundred people on average are saying a show is bad, it usually is. :p:

I'd never be able to keep track of everything I've watched without my Anime-Planet account. :nah: The site's ratings are all based on average scores from users, so it's all subjective and based on personal preference as you say, but in general if several hundred people on average are saying a show is bad, it usually is. :p:
    What about writing it down on paper? I used to do that with music when I was younger but account is always better unless you're away, without Internet.. without hope- then you just asking random strangers to borrow their phones.

Not necessarily bad, there might be something unique that only you enjoy though it has low rating and you probably will never know. For instance, this one here:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17729/Grisaia_no_Kajitsu

Yes.. It doesn't have many negative opinions but it had before! Trust me. It has the rating of 1000+ and I wouldn't be able to find it without someone commenting about this anime on certain website (can't remember where from).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What about writing it all down on paper? I used to do that with music when I was younger but account is always better unless you're away, without Internet.. without hope- then you just asking random strangers to borrow their phones.

Not necessarily bad, there might be something unique that only you enjoy though it has low rating and you probably will never know. For instance, this one here:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17729/Grisaia_no_Kajitsu

Yes.. It doesn't have many negative opinions but it had before! Trust me. It has the rating of 1000+ and I wouldn't be able to find it without someone commenting about this anime on certain website (can't remember where from).
    I'd need a big piece of paper for the 1,487 titles on my watched list. :p:

I agree that ratings should only be used as a guideline, and there are some shows I really enjoyed that have mediocre/terrible ratings (e.g. Bakuon!!, Don Dracula), as well as shows I think are overrated (e.g. Bakemonogatari, Kamisama no Memo-chou)

I can't say I was very impressed with Grisaia no Kajitsu... the last arc was certainly gripping, and a few of the characters were amusing, but the earlier arcs and overall pacing were a bit of a mess IMO. I didn't bother with the sequels, so I don't know whether they're any better or worse.

I'd need a big piece of paper for the 1,487 titles on my watched list. :p:

I agree that ratings should only be used as a guideline, and there are some shows I really enjoyed that have mediocre/terrible ratings (e.g. Bakuon!!, Don Dracula), as well as shows I think are overrated (e.g. Bakemonogatari, Kamisama no Memo-chou)

I can't say I was very impressed with Grisaia no Kajitsu... the last arc was certainly gripping, and a few of the characters were amusing, but the earlier arcs and overall pacing were a bit of a mess IMO. I didn't bother with the sequels, so I don't know whether they're any better or worse.
    Large piece of paper:

Oh, I've started watching bokomonogatari few months ago but stopped on 3rd episode (I didn't have time and it wasn't like any other anime, everything seemed so vague and wasn't explained properly I think and the worst part for me was that the overall world seemed to be a bit dull)

The one I recommend to someone on TSR, (grisaia) I can attest that it wasn't the most enjoyable to watch at moments and were disappointing at certain times, but it really portrays how psychological factors affect different characters and I really dislike it but was entertaining at the same time since I didn't have anything else to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Large piece of paper:

…see more
    Vague and dull pretty much sums up all my thoughts on Bakemonogatari as well. :yawn:

Vague and dull pretty much sums up all my thoughts on Bakemonogatari as well. :yawn:
    ... See more - only works on the website.

The pros of being mobile user ahe..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ... See more - only works on the website.

…see more
    I see. :holmes:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    :llama:

I see. :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    What happened to TSR? Why did it become so sh*t. Is this current layout (i.e no post count , title, can't see when someone is offline/online under the name, notification stopped working) only temporary? Because I can't take this anymore, it's really irratating me

It's like every update to the site, instead of making it better it becomes worse. Honestly what the hell is going on? it's like TSR are run by a team of monkeys lol They really need to get there act together :

Edit: (When I say TSR team ,I mean the actual people behind the website. Not the mods or the volunteers here.)

Posted from The Forbidden Realm
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    What happened to TSR? Why did it become so sh*t. Is this current layout (i.e no post count , title, can't see when someone is offline/online under the name, notification stopped working) only temporary? Because I can't take this anymore, it's really irratating me

It's like every update to the site, instead of making it better it becomes worse. Honestly what the hell is going on? it's like TSR are run by a team of monkeys lol They really need to get there act together :

…seymour
    It's permanent, apparently, and the post count, online status etc. is still visible if you hover your cursor over the person's username (on PC at least, not sure how it'll work with other devices).

For once, I actually quite like the changes, as they've gotten rid of a lot of empty white space between people's posts and sigs (plus shortening huge quotes is a great feature IMO). The only thing that irritates me a bit is the smaller usernames. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It's permanent, apparently, and the post count, online status etc. is still visible if you hover your cursor over the person's username (on PC at least, not sure how it'll work with other devices).

For once, I actually quite like the changes, as they've gotten rid of a lot of empty white space between people's posts and sigs (plus shortening huge quotes is a great feature IMO). The only thing that irritates me a bit is the smaller usernames. :dontknow:
    I honestly hate the change, don't like it :nah: I hated the previous change they made and hate this one even more. One thing that i hate is the notification bar is broken. It's so annoying, It's making me not want to use TSR as much anymore :sad:

However the app seems to be the same, it could do with updating aswell. Although if they do they would probably make it worser :sigh:

I'm not really happy they way TSR are moving right now.

Posted from The Forbidden Realm
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how is it going without me?

ReputationRep:
    Theorem: You are getting the maths bug!!
    Proof: You are looking at and sharing increasing numbers of maths vids.

:qed:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Associativity)
    Theorem: You are getting the maths bug!!
    Proof: You are looking at and sharing increasing numbers of maths vids.

:qed:

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:

:facepalm:
    :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I suppose it goes to show that the audience weren't always right!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.