Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Luke, you've done soooooo well so far. I'm really proud of you. Keep going. Don't give up. Good luck on Thursday. It's not an idiot AS exam, it's a retake and AS Levels aren't easy. :hugs:

Dinendal Leralonde - I'm so sorry about the job. Has the company gone into administration or something? :hugs:

Bruce - good luck with the citalopram. Let us know how it goes and if it isn't helping, don't be afraid to change anti-depressant. :hugs:

Psyk - time is a great healer. You'll find someone else. It's always best to refrain from housemate relationships. They can be messy as you don't have your own space. Is there anything else at uni that you can do to keep you busy? :hugs:
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I started taking citalopram about a week ago. I don't think I've had any side effects, although I did feel a bit funny on new years eve. I don't think it's really helping yet but the doctor did say it would take a couple of weeks to kick in.
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
are there no drugs which can perk you up asap...
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Psyk - time is a great healer. You'll find someone else. It's always best to refrain from housemate relationships. They can be messy as you don't have your own space. Is there anything else at uni that you can do to keep you busy? :hugs:
I was never considering a relationship with her. I always knew she'd never be interested. I think the main problem with having relationships with housemates is exactly what's happened anyway without the relationship.

Even if I can find things to do to keep me busy during the day I'm still going to have to come home in the evenings and see her. I can't really avoid her because it'll completely destroy my relationship with my other housemates. If they had to choose between me and her, they'd pick her.
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bete noire)
Can one only claim to have depression if they've been clinically diagnosed with it?
This is a genuine question
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
Getting panicky again...

Do Kalms work? Or is there anything else I can get from any shop that can help keep me calm?

not tried kalms but bachs rescue remedy does the job for me

that and playing the piano!!
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

umm its sketchy, best to have it diagnosed really. but if you've been feeling low for more than 2 weeks, usually its classed as depression
bete noire
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How does someone go about having something like this diagnosed
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It can also depends on other symptoms too.
Sometimes people just feel down for a while, but still function elsewhere ok.

The line between 'depression' and 'feeling depressed' is a bit difficult to define sometimes I guess.

Visiting your GP would be your first step if you have been feeling down.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Getting panicky again...

Do Kalms work? Or is there anything else I can get from any shop that can help keep me calm?
Maybe try Quiet Life, because it doesn't affect your liver if you're going to be taking it for large amounts of time
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
are there no drugs which can perk you up asap...
Apparently Mirtazapine is quite quick to kick in, but is not normally prescribed in primary care
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hi rb, how are you? :hugs:
I'm okay thanks, you? Been trying to get this essay done all day, nearly done but getting a bit tired, and nearly falling asleep!
:hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I'm okay thanks, you? Been trying to get this essay done all day, nearly done but getting a bit tired, and nearly falling asleep!
:hugs:
I'm ok, just slightly regretting taking all the christmas holidays to do my easy work and then leaving the difficult work to the last minute.:rolleyes:

Hope your essay goes well! :hugs:
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got an essay due soon too (Friday) but need to hand it in on Thursday really as Friday is a bit busy. I'm finding this course so hard and don't know what to do and whether I should think about dropping out until I'm more stable, if I'll ever be .
What's your course? What's the essay on?
bete noire
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd advise going to see your GP and explain your feelings etc and they'll ask you some questions which will help them form a judgement.
Do you think a university counsellor would refer me to a GP if I actually needed it, I don't really wanna call my GP up out of the blue and tell him that life isn't panning out as i'd like hah.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just saw my gp, burst into tears and she went

'depression?'
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I just saw my gp, burst into tears and she went

'depression?'
You've made the first step though. Getting help is a start.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I cried in-front of my GP just before I was about to go to uni. It was embarrassing at first but she was really lovely. I also burst out crying the first time I went to see a doctor about how I was feeling.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i've been crying loads recently, i think something bad and tears well up..its not normal is it
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Same here Anna and I constantly feel sick and can't eat anything. Going to try to sleep now .
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
38.03%
No - but I will (53)
7.25%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (347)
47.47%

Watched Threads