Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It was an amazing defensive display by Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    Christ think I had around 3 strokes watching that match, thank god for Sam Hutchinson coming on to sort that shambolic midfield out though.

ReputationRep:
    The 100 mil could do wonders for Wednesday espevially with their fan base. Exciting times ahead for them potentially.

Gutted for Hughton and Brighton tbf but will always back the Northern clubs as a general rule. The future is bright for them regardless I think. They'll be a PL side before too long.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Surely Hull won't let it slip tonight at home to Derby.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Holloway went in on Derby last night on Sky. Totally ruined them for the lack of effort in the second half of the first leg - and he was bang on the money, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Derby showing they're up for it!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody Derby! If we had played like this in Saturday we wouldn't be in this mess. Still maybe the comeback is on. COYR! 3-2 on aggregate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Come on you Rams.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31693775

Beat Hull, and Wednesday have achieved their target. I for one would love to see Jamie Vardy's "homecoming"

ReputationRep:
    The Rams certainly put a performance to be proud of tonight. It was close but we lost the game on Saturday. Maybe next season! I just hope we keep hold of Will Hughes as he's been magnificent since coming back from his injury.
    The scenes of the a few Hull fans attempting to get in the Derby players faces during the pitch invasion wasn't a great image for football.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ok, I get pitch invasions for last minute winners etc, but because you only lost by two at home :laugh: Christ hull need to stay as far away from the top flight as possible. C'mon Wednesday.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hope Wednesday do them.

Also, that Will Grigg song by the Wigan fans doing the rounds is brilliant.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hull got so lucky tonight, play like that though in the final and Wednesday will eat them alive.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed that Brighton didn't make it. Second or third highest points to not get promoted and I've always had a soft for them. But they choked at the end.

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Hull got so lucky tonight, play like that though in the final and Wednesday will eat them alive.
    Playoff matches summarise Hull's season. They have been really superb at times, really mediocre at times. I wouldn't like to call the final.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hull did get lucky - but it must be tough going into a leg like that knowing your three goals up. What do you do? Defend or attack? Derby, meanwhile, had a simple gameplan: score - and score early.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20160518_172340.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  146.2 KB

Next season printing style, if you didn't already know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Looks like the MLS ffs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wimbledon will meet Plymouth in the League 2 final after Accrington blew a 2 goal lead. There was also a floodlight failure during extra time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Saw the highlights of Accrington and Wimbledon. What a stunning strike by the home side to make it 2-0, but full credit to Wimbledon. Akinfenwa is a handful and they did well to recover and rescue the match.

It was a thriller by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    If Wimbledon win the play-off final they'll go up and will have to host Milton Keynes at some point during the season :teehee:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.