Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Lady Maragaret Hall How about you?

I've got interviews from my other three medical schools, so the wait for Oxford is doubly frustrating :lol: Where else have you applied?
    Yeah, I'm trying not to think about the BMAT results D: How do you think yours went?
    LMH is really pretty! I chose Oriel in the end just because it was my favourite after visiting a couple of times.

I also applied to UCL, Imperial and King's (I'm doubting 3 BMAT was a good idea after the paper!). No interviews yet, most are waiting for BMAT and King's are being quite slow... How about you?

I seem to have gone oppositely to most of the cohort - I liked S1 and think I did ok, but I probably made a buggery of S2 (badly ran out of time, so guessed at least three and made two stupid errors which I am kicking myself about now) and the essay was quite good. I answered Q2, the Christopher Hitchens' quote on assertions and evidence. The title is a blur now.

How was your BMAT and what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9dobbo1)
    Past threads seem to suggest that anyone who had to take the TSA can probably expect an invite in the latter-half of next week (PPE applicant here). How did you think your TSA went? ( nhabib3 )
    EEEH I screwed up the essay! The first half I think i could score 60-65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Queen's for Oriental Studies! Where have you applied? What subject?
    I nearly applied to Queen's for Oriental Studies but I changed my mind after I stayed there for a choral scholarship audition. Which language have you applied for? I've applied for Japanese at St John's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I just realised you had transferred to Oxford
    Yes, I was going to apply to Caius, but changed my mind when I visited Oxford! You still applying for... NatSci I seem to remember?

Well done on your fantastic UMS btw, you didn't let the potato beat you!

(Original post by Princepieman)
      OI, wot you doin 'ere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Says person who randomly floats into the Cambridge thread because it's where all the cool kids are :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GeogersReprsent)
      I'm sorry you made such poor life choices

A bad decision at 17 shouldn't condemn you to 3 years in a University like Oxford :console:/QUOTE]

'Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something' - Plato

Thanks for coming.
      You have to rely on an old man to think of your arguments for you? Typical toff

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
      You have to rely on an old man to think of your arguments for you? Typical toff
      It was true then, it's still true now, evidently

ReputationRep:
      Did anybody allocated to Pembroke receive an email...? I'm desperate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cadherin)
      Yes, I was going to apply to Caius, but changed my mind when I visited Oxford! You still applying for... NatSci I seem to remember?

Well done on your fantastic UMS btw, you didn't let the potato beat you!
      Haha fair!
      Yup NatSci

Thanks Yeah dem potato got smashed
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by enaayrah)
      Says person who randomly floats into the Cambridge thread because it's where all the cool kids are :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Guilty. As. Charged.

Tbf, I've toned down my posting knowing that an imminent rejection is on its way.

ReputationRep:
      Haha fair!
      Yup NatSci

Thanks Yeah dem potato got smashed
      Drat, I got 118 on PHYA1... I wish I'd smashed dem potatoes (what looked like a Maris Piper). I got my paper back for unit 1, got full marks on particles and quanta, got to electricity and I'd dropped at least half the marks.

Meanwhile, following the Greenpeace protesters outside AQA headquarters, the board look for a creative renewable energy source...

ReputationRep:
      Drat, I got 118 on PHYA1... I wish I'd smashed dem potatoes (what looked like a Maris Piper). I got my paper back for unit 1, got full marks on particles and quanta, got to electricity and I'd dropped at least half the marks.

Meanwhile, following the Greenpeace protesters outside AQA headquarters, the board look for a creative renewable energy source...

LOL
      I got 118 too, dem mA scale!!!!
      Yeah I'm sure I dropped my 10 marks in electricity lmao

ReputationRep:
      I just found out I got invited for an interview for Law at Pembroke College. I was expecting a rejection because I felt I didn't do that well in my LNATs, I couldn't believe it! Good luck to the rest of you!!!

ReputationRep:
      Ok - I have a question in regards to interviews/offers. I'm not quite sure how offers are given out. So you have your interview(s), and say they went really well. Will you be given an offer based on this? there are so many limited spaces I'm afraid that even if I succeed at interview I still won't get a place. Does this make sense? Word has spread that I have an interview, and whilst people are congratulating me, I can't help but think in the end most people are rejected. So I don't want everyone to have high expectations if I do end up with a rejection post-interview.

Or does it work that once you get an interview, if you do really well you'll get an offer? Or is the chance of getting an offer still slim even after a great performance? This is long-winded but I need to clarify. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
      LOL
      I got 118 too, dem mA scale!!!!
      Yeah I'm sure I dropped my 10 marks in electricity lmao
      What stitched me as well as the mA was that stupid parallel resistance where I remember doing 1/(R+R...) rather than (1/R)+(1/R)...

Anyway, best of luck with your application, you deserve a place with those scores.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by merrigold)
      Just got an invitation for interview for Computer Science at Oriel! I'm so surprised!!!

CONGRATS!
      may i ask what your grades are as one of my friends has applied to the same college for the same course?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ranayounis)
      I just found out I got invited for an interview for Law at Pembroke College. I was expecting a rejection because I felt I didn't do that well in my LNATs, I couldn't believe it! Good luck to the rest of you!!!
      Wow, congrats!

Does you 'just finding out' mean the email was sent to you just now or you've only just checked your emails? Seems late for it to come out

ReputationRep:
      What stitched me as well as the mA was that stupid parallel resistance where I remember doing 1/(R+R...) rather than (1/R)+(1/R)...

Anyway, best of luck with your application, you deserve a place with those scores.
      same lmao i remember talking about it with you in other thread actually

Haha hopefully yeah. Thanks. Good luck to you too!
      • Section Leader
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
      Why does the Cambridge part have so many more posts ... even tho we have more applicants.
      It's always been like that. idk.

I could put a cheap jibe about Cambridge being more sociable but I won't.

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone applied to or heard from University College

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.