Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have all JP ibd interviews been given out? Anyone heard from them this week about anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drossell)
    Post int? I got the email and I don't think it means anything
    yes, well, definitely does not mean anything bad, that was my point

ReputationRep:
    Feeling extremely nervous about my Rothschild interview.

Any last tips?

Thanks again,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige101)
    Anyway, back to more important matters - is wearing brown shoes with a navy suit really that bad for interview/AC?
    be safe and go for black

ReputationRep:
    This morning I was taking the bus to the office where I currently complete my internship. Suddently my phone rang. Guess who it was? UBS! And guess why they called? Because I was supposed to have an interview with them! It was really loud in the bus but I was able to answer all the questions, just told her the usual bull**** why I want to do a spring week at UBS. The interview was like 8 mins and 29 sec, she asked my some technicals. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradeplatz)
    This morning I was taking the bus to the office where I currently complete my internship. Suddently my phone rang. Guess who it was? UBS! And guess why they called? Because I was supposed to have an interview with them! It was really loud in the bus but I was able to answer all the questions, just told her the usual bull**** why I want to do a spring week at UBS. The interview was like 8 mins and 29 sec, she asked my some technicals. Lol.
    Funny haven't they informed you about your interview? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMonk)
    Have all JP ibd interviews been given out? Anyone heard from them this week about anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i think thats the case. havent heard from them since my interview before christmas, people have offers since last week... they could have at least informed me about my rejection, i don't think ill get an offer anymore.

ReputationRep:
    They did. I just forgot it.
    (Original post by Londongirl1995)
    Funny haven't they informed you about your interview? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily941)
    yeah i think thats the case. havent heard from them since my interview before christmas, people have offers since last week... they could have at least informed me about my rejection, i don't think ill get an offer anymore.
    Have you got their email/phone number. I really want to contact them but don't have their contact info. Have you tried contacting them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lool, interview on the bus, ain't nutn to the MVP.

ReputationRep:
    I lol'd. I imagine the people on the bus enjoying your rant about how you have dealt with a difficult team member
    But all the best though, hope you get it!

ReputationRep:
    I had my 1st round interview for Goldman Sachs IBD 2 days ago. Haven't heard back from them yet. How long does it take for them to let us know if we've been placed for 2nd round? And is there anyone that has been given a 2nd round interview for Goldman IBD?

ReputationRep:
    you do an internship during your university weeks? Are you from a European uni? Lol that's a little silly but baller

ReputationRep:
    UBS rejection post interview.

Can anyone offer me any insight into how to improve my interview technique? They said I would hear back in 2 weeks time so judging by the fact I was rejected after 2 days is obviously an indicator of how poor my interview performance was :cry2:

What makes it worse is that I actually prepped quite a lot and I didn't think it went too badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)

Can anyone offer me any insight into how to improve my interview technique? They said I would hear back in 2 weeks time so judging by the fact I was rejected after 2 days is obviously an indicator of how poor my interview performance was :cry2:

What makes it worse is that I actually prepped quite a lot and I didn't think it went too badly.
    Uunlucky man. Just move on to the next. What do you feel held you back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)

What division did you apply to?
    Don't say that, they were very quick responding probably because they don't have many applicants yet. Did they offer you feedback. If they didn't email them and ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Uunlucky man. Just move on to the next. What do you feel held you back?
    (Original post by Razina17)
    What division did you apply to?
    Don't say that, they were very quick responding probably because they don't have many applicants yet. Did they offer you feedback. If they didn't email them and ask
    Thanks for the support

I applied for CCS and the email says that they won't give specific feedback.

I prepared strong answers for all the motivation questions and competencies but for some reason in every interview I do, I always come out kicking myself that I didn't mention something. I know theres no excuse for this for a telephone interview when you can have notes in front of you, but for some reason I just keep continuing to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMonk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sry, i found the mail: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegeboy7)
    I had my 1st round interview for Goldman Sachs IBD 2 days ago. Haven't heard back from them yet. How long does it take for them to let us know if we've been placed for 2nd round? And is there anyone that has been given a 2nd round interview for Goldman IBD?
    They said to me that I'll find out by friday. 2nd rounds are next week.

How did you interview go? Any hard technicals?

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows how many were interviewed for gs first round? they started interviewing like two days ago and should be finished today?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.