Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    :hugs: good luck with chemist. I feel absolutely ****
    Thanks lovely. :hugs:
    Is there anything I can do? Would chatting help? :hugs: I know being around people (physical is better, I know, but its a wee bit late in the day to hop on a train! :lovehug: ) even if its just to chat about everyday stuff? :hugs: No pressure either way- but I'm here if you want. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    well done on library. movement making me feel sick rn. don't know whats wrong with me tbh. hope you feel better soon :hugs:
    you too :hugs: do you feel flu-yy? sometimes colds can affect your ears and balance and make you feel sick when you move

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Don't be intimidated! I had worse grades than everyone else who applied to Woosta (Oxford) and yet I beat the then-BBC Young Musician of the Year to get my place
    What did you get at AS? I got AABB with my best/most-relevant at 82% average

ReputationRep:
    Got the reply for the interview the other week, didn't get the job, but not overly surprised.

At least Im still looking and not too bothered about the whole no success thing, got enough experience with that anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Got the reply for the interview the other week, didn't get the job, but not overly surprised.

At least Im still looking and not too bothered about the whole no success thing, got enough experience with that anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Big hugs lovely. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Voice hearers- does anybody know/have any theories about why having one headphone/earplug in can help? It's been confusing me for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Well done for trying - if you feel up to it you could ask for some feedback about your application/interview? Might help you with future job possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    I WILL go out, it WILL be fine, I WILL stay safe, I WILL come back. CAN I DO THIS??? Probably not, but I'll give it a go anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    I WILL go out, it WILL be fine, I WILL stay safe, I WILL come back. CAN I DO THIS??? Probably not, but I'll give it a go anyway.
    :hugs: You can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Voice hearers- does anybody know/have any theories about why having one headphone/earplug in can help? It's been confusing me for a while now.
    no idea chick. But it works.

ReputationRep:
    You can do this and you will! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lovely. :hugs:
    Is there anything I can do? Would chatting help? :hugs: I know being around people (physical is better, I know, but its a wee bit late in the day to hop on a train! :lovehug: ) even if its just to chat about everyday stuff? :hugs: No pressure either way- but I'm here if you want. :hugs:
    Thanks, you're too nice to me. :hugs: Might poke you at some point but feeling too ill right now
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    you too :hugs: do you feel flu-yy? sometimes colds can affect your ears and balance and make you feel sick when you move
    weirdly enough I've been feeling flu-y for about two weeks now. about 10/12 days ago I was convinced I had the flu, but then it sort of passed so annoying cause I don't know whats physical and whats psychological

ReputationRep:
    This girl right here folks is on a mission!! You go conquer the day :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    so I just got trolled or somebody said something which is making m question the integrity of my reasons for being on ESA/in CBT

can anybody please give me some notion of the credibility of OP's claims

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Miss Posh)
    My opinion of you is that your 'illness' is entirely self inflicted and that you could be autistic based on the disposition of your writing. You make false observations about society which you've convinced yourself are true. It sounds like your life is very unfulfilled and you're highly distressed because it isn't following some kind of idealized route.

Ask yourself why this is and either change/accept it; if not, continue posting on here thinking that anyone cares for your loss.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ZaynahM)
    What did you get at AS? I got AABB with my best/most-relevant at 82% average
    aaac at AS. Not sure what the averages were but probs worse than yours.

Just give it your best shot and if you get in, great! If you don't, don't worry - no one wants to go to Cambridge anyway

:ninja: :ninja:

Yeah I don't really get how that can work either I need both plugs in, tbh :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    so I just got trolled or somebody said something which is making m question the integrity of my reasons for being on ESA/in CBT

Spoiler:
    Show

To be honest, apart from the bit about mental illness being self inflicted, I agree with what that person said :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)

Spoiler:
    Show

To be honest Riku I think that person's fairly accurate in terms of how you come across online, apart from that I'd not go so far as to say your illness is self-inflicted (total minefield if you start going down that route ). I've noticed you tend to ignore posts that don't go along with your world view, and clutch at any that do, which can't be giving you a very balanced picture of the world.

I don't see what that's got to do with benefits/CBT though - if anything it strengthens the idea that you need extra help. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    To be honest, apart from the bit about mental illness being self inflicted, I agree with what that person said :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by superwolf)
    To be honest Riku I think that person's fairly accurate in terms of how you come across online, apart from that I'd not go so far as to say your illness is self-inflicted (total minefield if you start going down that route ). I've noticed you tend to ignore posts that don't go along with your world view, and clutch at any that do, which can't be giving you a very balanced picture of the world.

I don't see what that's got to do with benefits/CBT though - if anything it strengthens the idea that you need extra help. :dontknow:
    I see.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Riku)
    I see.
    I would also agree with them, but as superwolf said that doesn't mean at all that your illness is self-inflicted, CBT is still just as likely to help you, you're still probably eligible for ESA and as none of us (I don't think) know you in real life and/or are actually doctors then it may or may not be true, that's just how you come across on here :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I would also agree with them, but as superwolf said that doesn't mean at all that your illness is self-inflicted, CBT is still just as likely to help you, you're still probably eligible for ESA and as none of us (I don't think) know you in real life and/or are actually doctors then it may or may not be true, that's just how you come across on here :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks…I just want to know exactly how I am coming across that on here

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.