Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    hey!! just wanted to ask what order are the sections in the exam as i am not too sure? i thought it was VR, AR, QR, DM, SJT?
    It's VR, DM, QR, AR, SJT

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    It's VR, DM, QR, AR, SJT

Best of luck
    ahh thanks! thats such a relief.. at least i can take a small break after scanning all thoses passages

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a spare medic portal account?

ReputationRep:
    do we have to know the Fibonacci sequence for AR???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    do we have to know the Fibonacci sequence for AR???
    No. That sequence you can just tell that the next number of lines is the two previous number of lines added together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    No. That sequence you can just tell that the next number of lines is the two previous number of lines added together
    oh okay! thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I'M THURSDAY TOO AND BRICKING MYSELF FOR THE QR!!!!! GOOD LUCK MAN!!! I NEED IT!

I Haven't broken 550 in my recent mocks and I am soooo scared :'(
    Omg hey!!
    Apparently it's not too bad... Idk how I'm coping with this, personal statement, and trying to find a good uni... Hopefully AR will be alrightish... It's my worst one and the highest I've got is 400 FOUR HUNDRED LIKE OMG I NEED HELP FROM THE LORD HIMSELF... I FEEL YOU BRO

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find UKCAT official mock B particularly heartbreaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie_F99)
    Anyone else find UKCAT official mock B particularly heartbreaking?
    All of them are heartbreaking

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find the mocks really difficult? Especially from the UKCAT site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Did anyone else find the mocks really difficult? Especially from the UKCAT site?
    Yeah they are don't worry, I got like 1850~ in them and got 2230 in the real thing. The verbal is about the same, the maths is substantially easier, and the AR is slightly easier. (This just may be my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys have you got any advice on the VR comprehension type questions? Can't seem to get the answers withing the time limits

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm giving my UKCAT tomorrow and I keep getting less than 2000 in my medify mocks, which is very frustrating at the moment... Any good advice to make me feel a little bit more confident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    Yeah they are don't worry, I got like 1850~ in them and got 2230 in the real thing. The verbal is about the same, the maths is substantially easier, and the AR is slightly easier. (This just may be my opinion)
    Thanks for reassuring me.

I don't feel so bad anymore. How did you prepare for each section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akz18)
    Hey Guys have you got any advice on the VR comprehension type questions? Can't seem to get the answers withing the time limits
    Honestly as everyone else always says - find the keywords.

Also remember not every single question can be done in the 30 seconds and not every single question will take 30 seconds. Don't be afraid to guess and flag the harder questions to come back later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    How did the actual test compare to Medify mocks if you did them?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Honestly as everyone else always says - find the keywords.

Also remember not every single question can be done in the 30 seconds and not every single question will take 30 seconds. Don't be afraid to guess and flag the harder questions to come back later.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone here use ukcatninja?? if you do, is there a shortcut on how to bring the calculator up?? i know that on medify it's alt+c but i dont know if ukcatninja has one??

also if you've already done the exam, to clear the calc do u use backspace or esc in the exam???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    does anyone here use ukcatninja?? if you do, is there a shortcut on how to bring the calculator up?? i know that on medify it's alt+c but i dont know if ukcatninja has one??

also if you've already done the exam, to clear the calc do u use backspace or esc in the exam???
    I could never work out the UKCAT ninja calculator shortcut so I'd just use my mouse. I used backspace in the exam like I was using for medify!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I could never work out the UKCAT ninja calculator shortcut so I'd just use my mouse. I used backspace in the exam like I was using for medify!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahh thats greats! thanks, i was starting to panic cuz i have been using the backspace on medify for over 3 weeks and its become a habit now so it would be hard to break esp coz my exam in in a week

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.