Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hope Wednesday, Barnsley and Wimbledon go up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    And League One final will be sorted tonight and tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

Huge news.

Needs 90% of clubs to agree in a vote next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

Huge news.

Needs 90% of clubs to agree in a vote next summer.
    This has made sense for some time with the rising number of full time non league clubs. Though to create the 5th division that will mean 'relegating' the bottom half of League 2, which is what happened when they made the old Division 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    This has made sense for some time with the rising number of full time non league clubs. Though to create the 5th division that will mean 'relegating' the bottom half of League 2, which is what happened when they made the old Division 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll also mean a loss in revenue for big teams, 4 less home matches. I think it may also lead to the introduction of Premier league B teams into the FL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    It'll also mean a loss in revenue for big teams, 4 less home matches. I think it may also lead to the introduction of Premier league B teams into the FL.
    I initially thought this was about getting Celtic and Rangers to join, which has always been floating around for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a needless idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    What a needless idea.
    Surprised you think that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Surprised you think that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley with a 6-1 aggregate win over Walsall.

If they get promoted, it will be the 2nd most unlikely event to happen this season.

ReputationRep:
    I think the 5 leagues is a good idea, especially as people have mentioned with the increasing numbers of non-league clubs being pro anyway - but I am 100% against prem sides having "B" teams in the same league system. That's what reserves/u21s are for! I get that reserve leagues aren't as competitive and so might not be as good for player development as the FL, but I just can't stand the idea of the big clubs having 2 teams.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Walsall have had a heck of a season - but you fear for them. They'll likely lose Bradshaw and Sawyers, so it may have been now or never for them.

Congratulations, Barnsley.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Shame for Walsall think they may struggle to get that high again next season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Shame for Walsall think they may struggle to get that high again next season.
    They certainly will.

Bradshaw and Sawyers would be the two men I'd be trying to sign from the third tier - along with Ajose. If they lose them (which they will) I think they'll struggle getting top six. They'll be comfortably mid-table again, though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Millwall should breeze through tonight but stranger things have happened
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Millwall should breeze through tonight but stranger things have happened
    Stranger things being Derby almost overturning their deficit vs Hull!

Ha, but I think Millwall will advance - and they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the final. Millwall fans love heading to Wembley, and they'll almost turn the play-off final into a home game against Barnsley. Their fans have been raucous there in previous years.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Ha, but I think Millwall will advance - and they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the final. Millwall fans love heading to Wembley, and they'll almost turn the play-off final into a home game against Barnsley. Their fans have been raucous there in previous years.
    This is the best example Nottingham Forest at home with a two goal lead and blowing it against Yeovil.

ReputationRep:

That's exactly why I'm hoping Millwall don't go through.

One of the most hated fanbases in the country - legitimately worse than Chelsea fans.

ReputationRep:
    glad that tinpot Walsall didn't come and join the midlands league. Hopefully Barnsely beat Millwall in the final!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Christ, Millwall are going to be tough to beat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.