Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
That seems to be the mood of the house?

Gone now, but two hands up against frosted glass.
Huh! No ****ing clue what you're talking about mate!
(Original post by Aph)
You are alright most of the time.
Most of the time...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
i thought they were all announced together, well I guess UKIP will be first.

and then you had even more leaders then us that term and more right

Do.
If their appointed then it can obviously be quick but not all parties even announce when parliament starts because internal elections may be ongoing (there's no divisions for over a week anyway).

We both changed leaders once. Regardless, your party has taken some very extreme positions this term.

(Original post by thehistorybore)
Seemingly so, although if one has been agreed, I don't see why it could not be announced earlier than the deadline...
Coalitions are announced by the speaker - it would be stupid to tell the House before the deadline because the other party could use that information to their advantage.

MP's are what parties can announce when they like.
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Huh! No ****ing clue what you're talking about mate!

Most of the time...
How odd!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
If their appointed then it can obviously be quick but not all parties even announce when parliament starts because internal elections may be ongoing (there's no divisions for over a week anyway).

We both changed leaders once. Regardless, your party has taken some very extreme positions this term.

Coalitions are announced by the speaker - it would be stupid to tell the House before the deadline because the other party could use that information to their advantage.

MP's are what parties can announce when they like.
Ah, I suppose I'm just anxious to see things in full swing.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

No, you started with qwertish changed to crypto and are now on LP that's 2 changes.

but obviously they need to be sorted by the time things are up for vote.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
No, you started with qwertish changed to crypto and are now on LP that's 2 changes.

but obviously they need to be sorted by the time things are up for vote.
Ah yes, Qwertish was still leader for 16 days of the parliament.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah yes, Qwertish was still leader for 16 days of the parliament.
Was it only that short? It seemed longer.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Was it only that short? It seemed longer.
He was leader for about a year.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He was leader for about a year.
Wow, that's impressive. Well let's hope that LP can last that long, unless you wish the return to the reigns that is...
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With the seat distribution and minimum coalition requirement (not happy about that), it's clear that Labour have 2 options and the Tories only 1. In all likelyhood it will come down to whether GP culled the Orange Bookers or whether they will move from the shadows and once again deliver the party to their Tory overlords (i of course mean wonderful friends).

That said i'm not actually involved in this set of negotiations so for once it's pure speculation and there are other less likely options.
What Orange Bookers? Are there actually any left?
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
i thought they were all announced together, well I guess UKIP will be first.
You are right with this statement. The MPs have been announced on our sub-forum and it is over to Adam to announce them to the house. There are two changes from last term with UKIP72 and Sdotd being replacing by newer, more active members.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
You are right with this statement. The MPs have been announced on our sub-forum and it is over to Adam to announce them to the house. There are two changes from last term with UKIP72 and Sdotd being replacing by newer, more active members.
I'm guessing one of them is that joe fellow, but it's good to see nebby keep his seat.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interestingly i have been looking at the scale of Labour's challenge in 2020 to achieve a majority and since WW2 only in 1945, 1997 and 2010 has an opposition added more than 90 new seats.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I'm guessing one of them is that joe fellow, but it's good to see nebby keep his seat.
Joe replaced Nebelbon earlier this term.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Joe replaced Nebelbon earlier this term.
He did?! Really??? Are you sure?
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
He did?! Really??? Are you sure?
Yes, Joe replaced Nebelbon about 4 weeks ago when the Sale of Meat and Animal Products Bill 2015 was up for voting in the division lobby.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, Joe replaced Nebelbon about 4 weeks ago when the Sale of Meat and Animal Products Bill 2015 was up for voting in the division lobby.
Funny, I don't remember the announcement and I could've sworn that nebelion said he was stil an MP.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Funny, I don't remember the announcement and I could've sworn that nebelion said he was stil an MP.
There was not an announcement to be had as originally Joe was covering for Nebelbon while he was on holiday, but when Nebelbon returned Joe kept the MP role.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else terrified and incensed by the things this government is planning? Scrapping the Human Rights Act, ending the hunting ban, further cuts to the welfare budget, probable support for TTIP, brutal policies against Mediterranean migrants... the list goes on.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads