The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by Malevolent
Good what i did was basically carry my ball around wherever i went to get use to getting a grip on the ball. Cause i have small hands so i needed to improve my grip i carried the ball everywhere.

Your throws should be pretty hard as well like i mean the person catching it after a few their hands should hurt :tongue:

Yup play in the BAFL .

Haha, nice. Look like a right weirdo did you though? :wink2:

I do have pretty good arm strength, mates catching it were complaining about it hurting eventually :laugh:

Niiiiice, who with? This team are looking to apply. My parents house is 10 minutes away from the East Kilbride Pirates! I live in Aberdeen now though. Inverness Wildcats are just as far away as Glasgow teams... So Aberdeen Roughcats if they ever get started properly are for me!
I played Corner and Safety in High school and don't recommend it. I got burned more often than I could count. *cough*.... *cough*
Original post by ..DT..
http://predictpick.nfl.com/

group: TSR
pass: TSR.

Done Mine.
I know I've already messed up though because I somehow managed to miss Dion Jordan, so I had to go back and try to slot him in somewhere without disrupting to many off my other picks.
I'm 99% certain he'll already be off the board compared to where I've actually got him going.
Original post by ProgFeanor
I played Corner and Safety in High school and don't recommend it. I got burned more often than I could count. *cough*.... *cough*

Requires some serious amount of fitness doesn't it. I'm 4th string Corner for my team. Punter and kick returner as well as receiver. Cornerback I found incredibly hard :laugh:

Original post by R-KAM
Haha, nice. Look like a right weirdo did you though? :wink2:

I do have pretty good arm strength, mates catching it were complaining about it hurting eventually :laugh:

Niiiiice, who with? This team are looking to apply. My parents house is 10 minutes away from the East Kilbride Pirates! I live in Aberdeen now though. Inverness Wildcats are just as far away as Glasgow teams... So Aberdeen Roughcats if they ever get started properly are for me!

Yeah i guess i did haha but i mean i didn't really care i just needed to be able to grip the ball real tight.

My first session i was catching from the Quarterback it was freezing and i didn't actually look at my arms till the end and by the end they looked so badly mutilated :laugh: After a while though your skin gets used to it.

I can tell you by PM but not on here cause im trying to keep my identity a secret :tongue:
Requires some serious amount of fitness doesn't it. I'm 4th string Corner for my team. Punter and kick returner as well as receiver. Cornerback I found incredibly hard :laugh:

Yeah. I'm quick and agile, but I didn't nearly have the straight-line speed of all the track athletes that play Wide Receiver. That's why I was moved to Free Safety after a while, where I had problems stopping the run... I'm rather lanky and only about 5'11'', so there's that. Still, playing secondary is tremendous fun.
Yeah. I'm quick and agile, but I didn't nearly have the straight-line speed of all the track athletes that play Wide Receiver. That's why I was moved to Free Safety after a while, where I had problems stopping the run... I'm rather lanky and only about 5'11'', so there's that. Still, playing secondary is tremendous fun.

I have the problem of being probably still too small. I tried bulking up but i still look tiny on the field. I don't have problems keeping up with faster people since i ran track but high throws and tight ends are nightmares since im so small.
I have the problem of being probably still too small. I tried bulking up but i still look tiny on the field. I don't have problems keeping up with faster people since i ran track but high throws and tight ends are nightmares since im so small.

How tall are you? I was actually at above average height with 5'11''.To be fair, over here I'd probably be fast enough to play Cornerback, but I was competing against guys who ran 4.40 to 4.30 40s. That was some serious business. Well, either way, good times. PI calls now annoy the **** outta me, so I guess I gained something after all. :biggrin:
I played second string corner in the BUAFL. Was originally a WR but didn't get on the field so switched position :tongue:

Got 1 interception in the season, turned out to be a game-winner as well. One of the proudest moments of my life :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
How tall are you? I was actually at above average height with 5'11''.To be fair, over here I'd probably be fast enough to play Cornerback, but I was competing against guys who ran 4.40 to 4.30 40s. That was some serious business. Well, either way, good times. PI calls now annoy the **** outta me, so I guess I gained something after all. :biggrin:

Oh damn man 4.30s? I thought i run a fast 40 :redface: I'm probably more 5'7 or 8 but i like to say 9. Game got soft PI is freaking annoying now but then again it doesn't really affect me :laugh:
Just so everyone is aware. You can get free access to Game Pass on the NFL website for the next 3 days, meaning you can watch all the draft!

Saves anybody who doesn't have access to sky sports, having to watch it on a crappy stream. :smile:

Rams i think in a season or two could be a playoff team they got that warchest of draft picks from RG3 trade so they look like they are set up in the future.
Barry Sanders going to be on the Cover of Madden 25 :tongue:
Reply 5773
I have been away for a very very long time but the draft has brought me back. 2 hours and counting- any last minute predictions?

I'm going for T'eo under 24.5 and to the Bears I think
Joeckel doesn't go as number 1
Geno Smith the only 1st round QB
Please the Cardinals draft Warmack or Cooper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
God, let the Texans draft just about anyone but Menelik Watson.
Anyone who plays the sport etc. how long are you meant to not do contact after having a concussion? not sure how serious it is but ive had a headache/dizziness.slight nausea ever since that play and that was over 24hrs ago.
Rams and Bills are talking about a trade apparently. That means we're going after Austin :frown:
Reply 5778
Andy Reid's shirt :coma: :lol:
God, I hope the Chiefs draft a new wardrobe for Reid. :mute:

Latest